Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2015, 11:46 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
You are arguing with yourself. I never said ANYTHING about taking anything.

However, I would like to see monopolies and protected corporations broken up and dissolved. I am AGAINST corporate bailouts, especially for foreign and nation-less corporations. I am AGAINST quantitative easing as it is a free-bie for the 1%. That I just mentioned constituted TRILLIONS in free-bies for the rich, which I have never seen you disagree with.

Honestly you seem too far gone to even have a conversation with on this subject.

When even the global elite are finally having conversations about income inequality, you KNOW it is a major problem. One of these days you will catch up.

If you want a functioning economy and society, the masses need to be intergrated into it. I'm sorry you disagree, but that's just the way it works. People like you clamor for the "good ol days" without even realizing that the 1950's saw the most equal incomes in the history of the World and the rich were taxed at the highest they ever were.
So what is your plan for the rich people
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2015, 11:50 AM

211 posts, read 164,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
in other words, you think the world owes you a living so you can sit back and play with your playstation or Xbox all day long, until such time as you decide to go out and get a pizza, so you can take it back to your moms basement(you probably are not old enough to shave let alone buy beer) and scarf it down while trying to win at world of warcraft, or what ever game is popular now.
Not even close. Wow its sad about how far off base you really are. I don't own ANY gaming system,I am 30 and married with kids, We rent our own home and hope within next 5-7 years to buy one. I don't drink alcohol but appreciate the offer. World owes no one nothing. People should not have to be forced to be fair and give everyone a fair chance but obviously government has to. People are inherently evil and republicans and the 1% even more so.

Old 01-22-2015, 11:54 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,935,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
So what is your plan for the rich people
It's not about "rich people" per se, it's about fixing the systematic corruption and getting rid of the corrupt institutions that plague our economy like a tumor. We can start by auditing and dismantling The Federal Reserve system and their too big to fail banks and instituting a currency and financial system for the people.

Old 01-22-2015, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Absolutely.

The government has no business at all in providing private businesses money.

This disgusting collusion between government and corporations make me sick to my stomach.

Did you know that congress is legally allowed to participate in insider trading? This means that when senators know they are going to pass a law that benefits a corporation knowing that the stock will increase, they can legally purchase that stock prior to doing such favors. If you are I had that knowledge, and we acted on it, we'd be spending some time in prison.

Our government routinely sells us out to corporations, and I'd like to see some of these guys go to jail for it.
Absolutely. The majority of Congress should be rotting in prisons.

Old 01-22-2015, 12:01 PM

1,294 posts, read 1,120,976 times
I have an idea. Let the progressives raise the tax rates, and then come PERSONALLY to my home to try to collect them PERSONALLY from me.

Old 01-22-2015, 12:04 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,312,771 times
Quote:
Absolutely. The majority of Congress should be rotting in prisons.

The government also has no business supporting people who will not work. Take away all of the entitlements for everyone and see what happens. Now, we have people who want more. They want what others have. That is what income inequality is all about. Take from the people who have made something out of themselves or inherited and give it to those too sorry to work. Try to take it from most of us, and see what happens.

Old 01-22-2015, 12:04 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
Quote:
It's not about "rich people" per se, it's about fixing the systematic corruption and getting rid of the corrupt institutions that plague our economy like a tumor. We can start by auditing and dismantling The Federal Reserve system and their too big to fail banks and instituting a currency and financial system for the people.
Ok how do you define the corrupt instructions and what is the plan to get rid of them, you have names the fedral reserve , you must realize the chaos that would happen if you got rid of it

Old 01-22-2015, 12:10 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelCreator View Post
Not even close. Wow its sad about how far off base you really are. I don't own ANY gaming system,I am 30 and married with kids, We rent our own home and hope within next 5-7 years to buy one. I don't drink alcohol but appreciate the offer. World owes no one nothing. People should not have to be forced to be fair and give everyone a fair chance but obviously government has to. People are inherently evil and republicans and the 1% even more so.

The reality is, there will always be winners, and losers. Utopia does not exist, and no amount of centralized planning will make that so. And if you think it is only republicans that are the problem as far as politics in this nation go, then I have some swamp land in Arizona to sell you.

Old 01-22-2015, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
The government also has no business supporting people who will not work. Take away all of the entitlements for everyone and see what happens. Now, we have people who want more. They want what others have. That is what income inequality is all about. Take from the people who have made something out of themselves or inherited and give it to those too sorry to work. Try to take it from most of us, and see what happens.
Yes, but the amount of people gaming the welfare system is overstated and at a historic low. And when you look at the corruption and waste throughout the system as a whole it is a drop in the bucket. I mean, how can you complain about welfare waste but not about The Federal Reserve creating out of thin air TRILLIONS in US Dollars since 2009 and giving 95% of it to less than 1% of the population? If the Government gave Trillions to poor people, you probably would have been revolting even though they would have spent it more and sparked the economy. Money is money.

It is not even possible anymore to receive cash assistance as an adult with no children. Soon it will be impossible to receive food stamps as an adult with no children or disability. The VAST majority of people on welfare are children and the elderly.

I dunno, I kind of like being part of a society that at least attempts to take care of those groups. Don't worry I can assure you that the Government and Federal Reserve take care of the VERY rich and powerful A LOT BETTER.

Nothing I can do or say will make you feel differently, but maybe you would change your mind if it was your own Grandmother or child that needed a little help.

Last edited by 2e1m5a; 01-22-2015 at 12:35 PM..

Old 01-22-2015, 01:04 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelCreator View Post
talk about flip flopping. firs you say that no one is owed anything, then you say that the government has to make sure that everyone gets a fair chance. so which is it?

as for your last sentence, again talk about being way off base.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies