Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2015, 09:18 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Working to pay for your education isn't a hardship, it's called responsibility. It's hard, it sucks but it makes you a better person once you're done.

I spent some of the best years of my life defending this country from people who want us all dead, I devoted my time to protecting the lives of Americans everywhere. Paying for your own education isn't the same as having an unhappy childhood. I was raised to pay for what I need/want, it makes you a better person and you quickly come to realize what a dollar is really worth.
You are against the GI education and training bill? Post-9/11 GI Bill - Education and Training
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2015, 09:18 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical Paradox View Post
But the whole point is, if I don't want to pay taxes for it, why should I?
Because the US Constitution calls for it, the COTUS doesn't call for free childcare or free college educations.

Old 01-20-2015, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
You are against the GI education and training bill? Post-9/11 GI Bill - Education and Training
Did I say that? I don't believe I said that, please point out where I said I was against it.

Old 01-20-2015, 09:20 PM

302 posts, read 196,579 times
Quote:
Because the US Constitution calls for it, the COTUS doesn't call for free childcare or free college educations.
"to provide for the general welfare"

And the Const. says nothing about a professional military where I have to pay you. It could be volunteer militia, nothing in it mandates I am forced to pay your welfare with MY hard-earned money

Old 01-20-2015, 09:21 PM

302 posts, read 196,579 times
Quote:
Did I say that? I don't believe I said that, please point out where I said I was against it.
You should be because it provides free education at the expense of the American taxpayer.

Old 01-20-2015, 09:21 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Odumbo strikes again. He never stops plotting to steal taxpayer $$ to pay for others that he favors.
Who is going to care for you when you are old and drooling in a nursing home, the Walton family or nurses who were able to get an education to become nurses?

Old 01-20-2015, 09:22 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,271,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmFest View Post
Dude.

Do you realize how specific global warming is? Do you realize that America is now catching up with the rest of the world on a very important issue?

what??? nobody knows exactly how to stop the change in the atmosphere.....China and India and 3rd world countries don't give a shiat!

again, nothing specific from Obama how to deal with global warming....what is he going to tax to change global warming?

Old 01-20-2015, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical Paradox View Post
You should be because it provides free education at the expense of the American taxpayer.
Maybe you should learn what the term "free" actually means.

Old 01-20-2015, 09:24 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,520,506 times
I see we have the usual suspects and the new account trolls creaming themselves over their boy, obambo. obaggers indeed. obamabo and gruber are right about you people - useful idiots. Maybe, just maybe, one day you'll grow out of your stupor but it's doubtful.

Old 01-20-2015, 09:24 PM

4,412 posts, read 3,959,215 times
Quote:
You didn't pay a penny for my college education, I paid 100% of it out of my own pocket. You didn't and you shouldn't have to pay for my college education.
You were in the military, but didn't use the GI Bill? I'm not bashing you but just wonder why.

Frankly, it's something else that the same Republicans that have blocked efforts to stop government subsidized student loans from going to private "collages" with 70%+ loan default rates, but yet say we can't afford to pay for the community college educations of those who really want to better themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies