Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2015, 06:36 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I don't even know of any muslim bakeries, so how would I ask them for anything?

Can you show an example of a muslim bakery discriminating in their sales?
Look one up, and ask them. They will refuse and then you get to sue them, just like the Christians were sued.

7,359 posts, read 5,462,301 times
Quote:
So what is a valid reason to discriminate?
Any reason at all. It's called being a free country.
Quote:
I don't like your type?
I don't like women?
I don't like muslims?
I don't like Christians?
I don't like blacks?
Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes.
Quote:
Who decides if it is a valid reason? The courts?
The person doing the discriminating is the one who decides. Again, the "free country" concept.
Quote:
Do you want the courts to decide if your beliefs are valid?
No, I'm not a liberal. That's what liberals do, not conservatives. And that's part of the reason why your beliefs are the ones enshrined in law and not mine. Because unlike you, I'm unwilling to use the law to force people to conform to my beliefs. As far as I'm concerned gay marriage is fine and racial discrimination is fine. I do not follow the religious fundamentalists with trying to enforce Biblical morality and I do not follow you trying to enforce political correctness. There should be no government discrimination of any sort, but what private individuals choose to do should be up to those individuals.

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Not anymore. If the customer belongs to "protected class", then you have to do as they say even if it means violating God's law. The only other choice is to face legal action, which is what the bakers did. The new laws supporing the gay agenda trumps the Constitution.
Religious freedom doesn't give anyone freedom to discriminate. Let me know where in the Constitution it says you can discriminate based on religious beliefs.

Old 01-21-2015, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Any reason at all. It's called being a free country.

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes.

The person doing the discriminating is the one who decides. Again, the "free country" concept.

No, I'm not a liberal. That's what liberals do, not conservatives. And that's part of the reason why your beliefs are the ones enshrined in law and not mine. Because unlike you, I'm unwilling to use the law to force people to conform to my beliefs. As far as I'm concerned gay marriage is fine and racial discrimination is fine. I do not follow the religious fundamentalists with trying to enforce Biblical morality and I do not follow you trying to enforce political correctness. There should be no government discrimination of any sort, but what private individuals choose to do should be up to those individuals.
And here I thought conservatives were for civil rights. And yet here we are with some conservatives thinking it is okay to discriminate based on race. You guys long for the days of "whites only" businesses, don't you?

Old 01-21-2015, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Religious freedom doesn't give anyone freedom to discriminate. Let me know where in the Constitution it says you can discriminate based on religious beliefs.
1st amendment prohibits laws which force people to act against their religion.

This is exactly what I was afraid of. Once gay marriage is pushed through, they take it to he next level and play the victim card about everythig claiming "discrimination" and suing people for not agreeing with gay agenda.

Old 01-21-2015, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Well, that isn't what the first amendment actually does. But you keep believing in that myth.

Old 01-21-2015, 06:43 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
Quote:
Look one up, and ask them. They will refuse and then you get to sue them, just like the Christians were sued.
Pretty hard to find in rural Mississippi. But please go on and show an example of a Muslim owned business violating anti discrimination laws.

Old 01-21-2015, 06:45 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
Quote:

This is exactly what I was afraid of. Once gay marriage is pushed through, they take it to he next level and play the victim card about everythig claiming "discrimination" and suing people for not agreeing with gay agenda.
People, not businesses. When you go get that business license you have to follow the same laws as all other business owners.

Old 01-21-2015, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Pretty hard to find in rural Mississippi. But please go on and show an example of a Muslim owned business violating anti discrimination laws.
You are the one suggesting muslims bake cakes for gay weddings, so show me one which has provided cakes for gay weddings. Or are you saying they are also being threatened by legal action unless they bend over?

Old 01-21-2015, 06:52 PM

Quote:
People, not businesses. When you go get that business license you have to follow the same laws as all other business owners.
The Consitution does not differentiate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies