Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 12:46 AM

29,459 posts, read 16,443,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
He's still a complete idiot. Along with the 52 million people sucking the entitlement teet that voted for him.
If you are going to troll and lie to yourself, you might as well include then entire 69 million who voted for him, and if you include non voters(but are eligible to vote, its more like 138 million. just saying, if you are going to troll, go for the gold.

Old 01-21-2015, 12:49 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,931,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
If you are going to troll and lie to yourself, you might as well include then entire 69 million who voted for him, and if you include non voters(but are eligible to vote, its more like 138 million. just saying, if you are going to troll, go for the gold.
Why are you upset if someone "lies to himself"?

Obama lies to the entire country constantly, but we never hear a peep from you about his lying.

Old 01-21-2015, 01:06 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,503,755 times
In a land and time where sound bites matter, that was a great "oh SNAP" moment. Kudos.

Old 01-21-2015, 01:11 AM

18,927 posts, read 14,111,175 times
SOTU summed up

__ There is a magic cookie jar that businesses can dip into to pay higher and higher wages. Demand that they take the lid off!
__ Though Congress has no power to create money, let us use worthless IOUs, created by impossible to repay public debt, and inflate prices, and devalue property and labor, so we can steal more by taxes.
__ What’s wrong with enslaving our grandchildren with ever rising debt and interest payments?
__ Envy of the rich may be a sin, but we’re anti-religious zealots! Redistribute the wealth may be theft by government, but it’s “legal” if we vote for it.
__ Though endowed with rights to life, liberty, and absolute ownership, Americans are swiftly tricked into surrendering that birthright in exchange for government issued civil and political liberties - which have consequences that no one will openly discuss.
__ Using emergency rules for 82 years to bypass the constitution is a great way to show respect for law and the Founders, who sacrificed so much.
__ Embracing the idea that it is a good thing for government to “take” from one to “give” to another, results in a benevolent totalitarian police state. How else do they enforce it? Wheedle “Pretty please?” You asked for it, now you got it.

Old 01-21-2015, 01:13 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,431,094 times
state of the union:

Obama asks congress to declare war on ISIS

Quote:
On the ongoing terror threat, Mr Obama asked for congressional approval and funding for military action against the Islamic State in Syria and Iraq. “I call on this Congress to show the world that we are united in this mission by passing a resolution to authorize the use of force against ISIL,” he declared, referring to the Islamic State group.”

Old 01-21-2015, 01:18 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,869,476 times
lol it's a shame people can't put their partisan bickering aside long enough to laugh a little....

The Repubs clapping at his statement and his little comeback afterward were all light hearted, good natured ribbing....

Put your politics aside and learn to appreciate a little bit of levity when it rarely occurs in the "game" of politics....

Old 01-21-2015, 01:25 AM

18,927 posts, read 14,111,175 times
It takes a "special" level of intellectual achievement to cheerfully embrace compulsory charity, expropriation of property and a totalitarian police state to enforce it. Someone forgot to tell them that slavery, even part time, is not a viable remedy for the ills of mankind. Even a benevolent totalitarian police state is still a police state.

Old 01-21-2015, 01:37 AM

24,372 posts, read 22,982,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
And election fraud. Notice how there have been no threads about election fraud after 2014, but after 2012 there was a flood of threads complaining about election fraud and how that is how the Democrats won. Gotta love the right wingers.
>>>> I'm on record posting there was election fraud the last election as well as in 2012. I didn't start a thread but I've posted it many times. Of course, I'm not a right winger, more of a radical libertarian centrist.....

Old 01-21-2015, 01:41 AM

3,353 posts, read 6,423,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjthejetplane View Post
Obama's comeback to the Republicans clapping at his statement on "no more campaigns to run" has social media blowing up as the "best burn" to ever take place at the SOTU address.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL0sYXdf0oA

I will admit, at first I thought the GOP was very clever to clap at his statement but his response almost had me in crying in laughter.
Smooth guy to say the least, I don't see how people can dislike the President as a person, I can understand disliking his policies of course. Hell, I've had the debate several times of who it would be best to have a Beer with: Obama, Bush, or Clinton.. Difficult choice, all are funny people in their own way but it would seem like Bush would be the most fun. Nonetheless, that was definitely a funny moment during the SOTU.

Old 01-21-2015, 01:56 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,881,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjthejetplane View Post
Obama's comeback to the Republicans clapping at his statement on "no more campaigns to run" has social media blowing up as the "best burn" to ever take place at the SOTU address.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL0sYXdf0oA

I will admit, at first I thought the GOP was very clever to clap at his statement but his response almost had me in crying in laughter.
Too bad it was scripted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.