Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 01:58 AM

29,469 posts, read 16,449,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Why are you upset if someone "lies to himself"?

Obama lies to the entire country constantly, but we never hear a peep from you about his lying.
Im not upset, im just saying put your heart into it if you are going to do it.

And you arent going to here a peep about your perception of what is a lie, when you can prove it, then we can talk.

Old 01-21-2015, 01:59 AM

29,469 posts, read 16,449,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Too bad it was scripted.
LOL, the GOP is that predictable ???????????????

Old 01-21-2015, 02:03 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,881,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
LOL, the GOP is that predictable ???????????????
No, people are that predictable. The speech writers set up that moment knowing (1) the GOP side would respond the way or (2) they wouldn't respond and he could keep on speaking: nothing to lose and everything to win. It's no surprise, though, that his so called 'burn' is the only takeaway from the speech since nothing of substance ever comes out of his or Democrats' mouths. It's precisely the reason why y'all don't run the country anymore.

Old 01-21-2015, 02:07 AM

26,691 posts, read 41,633,601 times
Loved it. The ultimate "shut up" burn.

Old 01-21-2015, 02:17 AM

3,353 posts, read 6,423,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
No, people are that predictable. The speech writers set up that moment knowing (1) the GOP side would respond the way or (2) they wouldn't respond and he could keep on speaking: nothing to lose and everything to win. It's no surprise, though, that his so called 'burn' is the only takeaway from the speech since nothing of substance ever comes out of his or Democrats' mouths. It's precisely the reason why y'all don't run the country anymore.
Of course him saying "I have no more campaigns to run.." was scripted, throwing in the burn wasn't. Him continuing after the campaign statement and saying "my only agenda.." before an applaud by the Republicans, obviously stated he was planning to continue with the sentence before feeling the need to respond by saying "I know because I won both of them." I understand what you're saying, but unless his teleprompter has things like:

OPTION 1. If they don't clap continue sentence on: "My only agenda..."
OPTION 2. If they do clap, say "I know because I won both of them."

then it must've been a clever burn; understand what I'm saying? He couldn't predict their exact response, and even if it were scripted and they didn't clap, how exactly would he know to remove the "I know because of I won both of them" statement? It doesn't make sense.

Old 01-21-2015, 02:23 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,526,924 times
Let's look at the Real World brought to us by Obama. This is one of the schools that got Obama Ipads. Posted yesterday from Charlotte/Mecklenburg Schools. Charlotte, BTW, is where the 2012 DNC was held. The Mayor of Charlotte is the current Secretary of Transportation. (Wonder how many of these students watched the Address and then wrote a report on it? LOL )

Soon, they will be getting free ride to community college.

Classroom brawl caught on video at Charlotte school - WBTV 3 News, Weather, Sports, and Traffic for Charlotte, NC

Old 01-21-2015, 03:24 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,444,835 times
Childish Republicans schooled yet again.

One thing stood out more than anything however, Republicans refuse to stand and applaud for America's success.

Old 01-21-2015, 03:32 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,434,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Childish Republicans schooled yet again.

One thing stood out more than anything however, Republicans refuse to stand and applaud for America's success.
and everything the liberals have done is for the liberal agenda success , and Americas failure

liberals are a cancer to the American constitution

Old 01-21-2015, 03:35 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,444,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
and everything the liberals have done is for the liberal agenda success , and Americas failure

liberals are a cancer to the American constitution
Says the guy with a 5th grade writing level skill set.

Old 01-21-2015, 03:43 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,388,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Let's look at the Real World brought to us by Obama. This is one of the schools that got Obama Ipads. Posted yesterday from Charlotte/Mecklenburg Schools. Charlotte, BTW, is where the 2012 DNC was held. The Mayor of Charlotte is the current Secretary of Transportation. (Wonder how many of these students watched the Address and then wrote a report on it? LOL )

Soon, they will be getting free ride to community college.

Classroom brawl caught on video at Charlotte school - WBTV 3 News, Weather, Sports, and Traffic for Charlotte, NC

When all else fails, attack black people.

Right-wingers in a nutshell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.