Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2015, 09:39 AM

211 posts, read 164,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You have to being able to put two and two together. All the same you said prices didn't go up. They did. I'm not that interested in what you eat.

Mine isn't an argument that what we did was good either.
So I should FORCE a result from the article that isn't there....gotcha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
First, is $10 an hour a living wage? Do you feel this is enough?

Second, you don't understand that when just a city here or there does a limited increase, it would not have the same effect as a large national increase. This has to do with both the amount and the interaction with the rest of the supply chain. If Seattle was it's own economy, your example would be valid, but since Seattle gets so much from areas outside that aren't under the same constraints, it's a false comparison.
No I don't think that's enough. I think 35k a year is enough...I live off less than that with a wife and soon to be 4 kids and we make it. So that should be more than enough for a normal family to live off of. Oh and that article wasn't about Seattle it was about Albuquerque and San Francisco among others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2015, 09:40 AM

79,908 posts, read 44,064,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelCreator View Post
So I should FORCE a result from the article that isn't there....gotcha.
You said prices didn't go up. I showed they did.

Old 01-23-2015, 09:42 AM

211 posts, read 164,701 times
Lol no you didn't. Price of gas has gone down that means we should lower the min wage! Your logic doesn't make sense. Price of MEAT and GRAIN goes up and down depending on how much product there is. Not depending on who gets paid what.

Old 01-23-2015, 09:43 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,690,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Obama is a MORON, it would be a miracle if he stated something based on reality.
You just insulted morons all over the world.

Quote:
Less than 2 more years of this CLOWN before things start to really improve.
And now you have insulted clowns too.

Old 01-23-2015, 09:45 AM

79,908 posts, read 44,064,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelCreator View Post
Lol no you didn't. Price of gas has gone down that means we should lower the min wage! Your logic doesn't make sense. Price of MEAT and GRAIN goes up and down depending on how much product there is. Not depending on who gets paid what.
Prices went up. It was argued for years that oil was so high because of supply and demand. We know that to be a bogus argument. Have you ever seen a shortage of beef or bread at the grocers? No.

Old 01-23-2015, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Do you realize that the tax code of the 1950s allowed crazy exemptions and deductions that do not exist anymore? And that no one, NO ONE paid a tax rate of 92%.

You are correct. The top marginal rate is meaningless. The actual rate paid is all that matters.

Old 01-23-2015, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Which oppressive government regulations are hurting the middle class?
All of them. Everything that adds to the cost of running a business has a negative impact on the cost of living.

Old 01-23-2015, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Clearly you don't care. Though it would be good to educate yourself on how much it costs to raise a child if you are gonna comment about it.
I raised a few so I have first hand knowledge of how to support kids without taking money from other people.

Old 01-23-2015, 09:52 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,097,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Still ridiculous for a little water poured over some coffee beans. Yes, people pay that here in some places. I make more than $24 an hour and I'm not about to pay $3-4 for a cup of coffee.

I like Tim Horton coffee but when the minimum wage went up in Ohio the first of the year a medium went up to $1.70. I'm done buying it.
I pay $3 for my coffee in the US, though I also drink amazing coffee. Though when I am at home I just make my own coffee which costs me much less obviously.

Old 01-23-2015, 09:55 AM

37,769 posts, read 40,902,683 times
The government can disincentivize having children people can't afford instead of incentivizing it which they do now. Those tax credits based on children people can't afford and those extra payments based on number of children people have should be done away with. If people only have kids they can afford, eventually there will be a bidding war for workers and higher pay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies