Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 09:40 AM

7 posts, read 3,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonR View Post
The US sends far more to iraq, gaza, afghanistan, egypt, and spends FAR more with its naval bases in the mideast defending the GCC.
This is not true. And even if it was - Israel is a first world country of less than 10 million. Are you actually attempting to make a ridiculous comparison to Afghanistan or Egypt?

If so, that displays how low you will go to purposely misinform readers of your posts. Shame on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonR View Post
And how much is going to iraq, afghanistan, egypt, gaza, the west bank, and being spent on naval bases in the mideast?
See above. The way you attempt to misinform is frightening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
There's plenty of more. You have a google search engine, use it.
If there are so many more, why did you choose to bring up a ridiculous one as opposed to the 'many more?'

Again, your attempt to spread such misinformation is frightening. Goebbels would be impressed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2015, 09:49 AM

2,423 posts, read 2,092,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quizster View Post
If there are so many more, why did you choose to bring up a ridiculous one as opposed to the 'many more?'

Again, your attempt to spread such misinformation is frightening. Goebbels would be impressed.
It is ridiculous and it happens all the time in Iran. Every dead bird is a mossad spy bird and someone has to be blamed..

Ok hot shot, prove your theory that Jewish citizens in Iran are equal to their Shiite counter-parts. And while your add it, your probably a member of the Iran stronk crew, what will happen when Iran receives nuclear weapons?

Old 01-27-2015, 02:31 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
It is ridiculous and it happens all the time in Iran. Every dead bird is a mossad spy bird and someone has to be blamed..

Ok hot shot, prove your theory that Jewish citizens in Iran are equal to their Shiite counter-parts. And while your add it, your probably a member of the Iran stronk crew, what will happen when Iran receives nuclear weapons?
Jews are not the equal of Persians in Persia...no one is postulating that.

But to represent them as a tortured minority is hogwash. Simply put, I've seen no evidence of that.

Even in Israel, non Jews are not the societal equal of Jews.

Old 01-27-2015, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Wrong.

The 2012 census showed 8,756 Jews left in Iran. That's down from 145,000 in 1948. There are over 47,000 Iranian born Jews in Israel, and 70,000 in the US. The 8,000 odd Jews left in Iran are mainly old people who only speak Persian and don't have the means to leave. Soon there will be zero.

Please educate yourself before spewing more nonsense. Persian Jews - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Apparently, the numbers are all over the place. Wikipedia is an awful source. You might need to educate yourself and take your own advice.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/200...12/israel.iran

Old 01-27-2015, 04:31 PM

13,211 posts, read 21,825,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Apparently, the numbers are all over the place. Wikipedia is an awful source. You might need to educate yourself and take your own advice.

Iran's Jews reject cash offer to move to Israel | World news | The Guardian
You're countering official Iranian 2012 Census data with a newspaper article from 2007 which was probably out of date even then?

Last edited by kdog; 01-27-2015 at 05:23 PM..

Old 01-27-2015, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
You're countering official Iranian 2012 Census data with a newspaper article from 2007 which was probably out of date even then?
SMH...still acting silly. That link wasn't about the amount of Jews in Iran. It's about this idea that Iranian Jews are being persecuted.

As to the amount of Jews living there, this piece is from 2013 which states fewer than 30 thousand.

Where do you think they got their data from?

Like i said, the numbers are all over the place. Surely they didn't go from fewer than 30 thousand in 2013 to 8k in the latest census. And this piece is from October of 2013 too....barely more than a year old.

8 thousand Jews? Yeah, right. And this is WaPo...not some lame right wing rag.

Iran

Old 01-27-2015, 06:36 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
The presidency and congress are coequal branches of government. Obama needs to realize he's not a dictator.

Old 01-27-2015, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Jews are not the equal of Persians in Persia...no one is postulating that.

But to represent them as a tortured minority is hogwash. Simply put, I've seen no evidence of that.

Even in Israel, non Jews are not the societal equal of Jews.
They are not a "tortured" minority, but if Iran finds any of their Jewish citizens as "Israeli spies" or "Mossad Bird operators", then they will be executed in public. Also, these Jewish citizens have to put up with a government that hosts holocaust denial conferences. So really at the limit, they are tolerated, not accepted, simply because the Persian-Jewish relationship throughout history has been good in its history. Does this happen to Jews in the U.S, No? So this is the difference between 1st class and 2nd class citizens.

Old 01-27-2015, 08:53 PM

Quote:
They are not a "tortured" minority, but if Iran finds any of their Jewish citizens as "Israeli spies" or "Mossad Bird operators", then they will be executed in public. Also, these Jewish citizens have to put up with a government that hosts holocaust denial conferences. So really at the limit, they are tolerated, not accepted, simply because the Persian-Jewish relationship throughout history has been good in its history. Does this happen to Jews in the U.S, No? So this is the difference between 1st class and 2nd class citizens.
Since the Revolution, there's been little persecution of Jews in Iran. Sure, early on in Khomeini's regime, they caught hell. But then, LOTS of groups caught hell at the time. Still, it seems to me that Jews prosper more under Persian domination than under Arab domination, and Arabs are genetic brothers of the Jews.

As to Holocaust denial conferences, for all i know, maybe Iranian Jews don't care. I know i don't. I've never understood why anyone would get their hackles up over that stupidity. It's the territory for loons, and you'll always have loons. After all the Jews in Iran have been through, perhaps they don't see that as anything worth raising their blood pressure over.

Are Jews second class citizens in Iran? Probably in many cases. But then, maybe they don't expect to be treated as first class in a Persian nation anymore than a Persian would expect to be treated as first class in a Jewish nation.

Moreover, remaining Iranian Jews have rejected on more than one occasion, pecuniary enticements to move to Israel. That tells me that they're somewhat happy there.

Old 01-27-2015, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Since the Revolution, there's been little persecution of Jews in Iran. Sure, early on in Khomeini's regime, they caught hell. But then, LOTS of groups caught hell at the time. Still, it seems to me that Jews prosper more under Persian domination than under Arab domination, and Arabs are genetic brothers of the Jews.
Wrong... But Im tired of repeating myself. Anyhow, Jews would prosper more under Persian domination because there are no more Jews today under Arab domination.

Quote:
s to Holocaust denial conferences, for all i know, maybe Iranian Jews don't care. I know i don't. I've never understood why anyone would get their hackles up over that stupidity. It's the territory for loons, and you'll always have loons. After all the Jews in Iran have been through, perhaps they don't see that as anything worth raising their blood pressure over.
I get it now, your summary of Iran. A peaceful Iranian regime who has never harmed anybody, does not sponsor terrorism or committees terrorism, But only performs violent acts against Western imperialism that is allowed to have holocaust denial conferences because their loonies? Unbelievable

Jews in Iran like their Muslim counter-parts, do not enjoy free speech and the right to criticize freely, as the Mullah's are against heavy criticism. Ofcourse Jews everywhere are horrified of holocaust denial, but cannot express anger without punishment.

Quote:
Are Jews second class citizens in Iran? Probably in many cases. But then, maybe they don't expect to be treated as first class in a Persian nation anymore than a Persian would expect to be treated as first class in a Jewish nation.

Moreover, remaining Iranian Jews have rejected on more than one occasion, pecuniary enticements to move to Israel. That tells me that they're somewhat happy there.
Persians, Muslims, Christians, Americans, Asians, Russians, what ever what ever, are equal citizens in the state of Israel with equal protection and benefits under the law. How come Israeli Arabs are treated better in Israel than Jews in Iran?

Your back peddling has gone too far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies