Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 06:10 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,728,879 times

Advertisements

Numerous articles and her own LinkedIn account identify her as a "staffer" and/or "field organizer" for Patty Murray. That job starts at about $30,000 with full benefits. The people calling her a "volunteer" are grasping at straws with zero proof.
Reuter's first reported in June 2014 that she worked for Patty Murray, and Murray, the Obama team, and the woman have never disputed that claim.
She was a phony plant.

Last edited by brentwoodgirl; 01-22-2015 at 06:52 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2015, 06:15 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Obama spoke last night about Rebekah Erler:

Rebekah Erler inspired Obama's State of the Union address | Daily Mail Online

He even took her out to burgers. What a fortunate, regular, everyday person who wrote President Obama and was lucky enough that he took such interest in her plight, right?

Nope, just a fake plant. Turns out Rebekah is a former Dem staffer for Patty Murray.

Woman Showcased by Obama in SOTU is a Former Democratic Campaign Staffer | Washington Free Beacon

The Liar in Chief strikes again.
It's part of the party-first campaign Obama is on. He used her in the past. He's actually hoping people will demonize her for being a struggling married mother of two with college debt and a husband that has a hard time finding jobs. That way he can say "look, these evil republicans only want rich people to succeed and they hate you working class people and families."

Old 01-22-2015, 06:27 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,119,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Yes, we have already addressed that she was a campaign volunteer. Not sure how that makes her story any less true.
Dude, give it up. You're losing this one. She was a shill. Quit digging your hole deeper!

Old 01-22-2015, 06:42 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,173,833 times
Quote:
Obama spoke last night about Rebekah Erler:

Rebekah Erler inspired Obama's State of the Union address | Daily Mail Online

He even took her out to burgers. What a fortunate, regular, everyday person who wrote President Obama and was lucky enough that he took such interest in her plight, right?

Nope, just a fake plant. Turns out Rebekah is a former Dem staffer for Patty Murray.

Woman Showcased by Obama in SOTU is a Former Democratic Campaign Staffer | Washington Free Beacon

The Liar in Chief strikes again.

I thought he was just plagarizing the Bon Jovi song "Living on a prayer".

Tommy used to work on the docks
Union's been on strike
He's down on his luck...it's tough, so tough
Gina works the diner all day
Working for her man, she brings home her pay
For love - for love
She says we've got to hold on to what we've got
it doesn't make a difference
If we make it or not
We've got each other and that's a lot
For love - we'll give it a shot
Whooaaaaaa! We're half way there
Whooooaaaa! Livin' on a prayer
Take my hand- we'll make it - I swear
Whooaaaa! Livin' on a prayer

Old 01-22-2015, 08:07 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
She's not a volunteer, she was a Dem staffer. And Obama used her as a prop before and was called out on her being a Dem staffer before, but just like with his own mom's death, he's happy to repeat known lies as long as it fits his "narrative."

And yes, it makes her story less true because the whole narrative was based on this struggling middle class woman who supposedly was "discovered" by a letter she wrote to Obama. But instead, she was an employee of the Dems.

If Obama's story is true, then Dem Senators aren't paying their staffers a "living wage," so they are a bunch of hypocrites.

Either way, Dems lose with this story. They are either liars or hypocrites, and probably a mix of both.
And Joni "Bread Bags" Ernst's family received hundreds of thousands of dollars in farm subsidies but according to her they still lived "simple" lives.

Do you believe that the President knows every single person in this country who might at one time have worked for a local campaign?

Do you believe that these are always full-time jobs?

Are you aware that many elected officials across this country receive NO salary for their service to their communities?

Honestly, this is much ado about nothing.

Old 01-22-2015, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KStreetQB View Post
I've worked professionally on Presidential, Senate, House and Attorney General campaigns.

Do any of you know what a 'field organizer' is? To me, it's someone who is either an (very appreciated) unpaid volunteer, or if the campaign has enough money, someone who we pay a few hundred bucks for their time on the day of the primary and general election. If Sen. Murray's FEC reports don't have her on the payroll, then she was likely the volunteer variety or was paid less than the $200 reporting threshold.

Volunteers are the backbone of any campaign, but to say that is "a high level democratic operative", is like saying an intern at Google is a high level tech executive.

I'm not sure I can view this as political nepotism with a straight face unless I strip myself of every vestige of perspective.
Thank you.

Old 01-22-2015, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Numerous articles and her own LinkedIn account identify her as a "staffer" and/or "field organizer" for Patty Murray. That job starts at about $30,000 with full benefits. The people calling her a "volunteer" are grasping at straws with zero proof.
Reuter's first reported in June 2014 that she worked for Patty Murray, and Murray, the Obama team, and the woman have never disputed that claim.
She was a phony plant.
And she stated that she was struggling, right?

Seems about right on that salary.

Old 01-22-2015, 08:20 AM

1,501 posts, read 1,726,928 times
I don't get it. Seems like all we ever hear from the right is how the middle class is struggling under Obama. Am I to understand that things aren't so bleak after all?

Old 01-22-2015, 08:23 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times
Quote:
Reuter's is a blog? Multiple sources, including Reuter's, have reported that she worked for Patty Murray.
Yep and people can do their own research. I found their linkedin pages and their facebook pages.

Old 01-22-2015, 08:27 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
That sounds about right, this is looking like another thread fail, but I am sure that won't prevent right wingers to pretend there is something wrong here. They are good at fake scandals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
The fevered minds of conservatives, always seeing conspiracies where none exist.
President Obama was in Boise, Idaho yesterday talking to college students. He brought up single moms and daycare more than once. He wants to tax the rich (seems the students don't know they may be rich one day)to pay for daycare and seemed to glamorize single motherhood. The crowd was clapping and acting like he was actually bringing a solution......like don't have unprotected sex!

May I ask, "Is the left having children out of wedlock and attending college while asking the rest of us to foot the bill for daycare?" Wonder if this passes they will like to one day be paying for many more to follow their footsteps.

These are educated adults, I wonder are they having children just like welfare people.

Are these the ones the Pope may be speaking about, our educated!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies