Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2015, 11:14 PM

731 posts, read 1,579,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Hapless hero is left facing charges after he put Walmart shopper in choke-hold when he saw his legally concealed pistol | Daily Mail Online

A brother just cannot catch a break. I bet the "hero" is one of those who believes the conceal and carry law is the best thing to deter crime......unless the conceal and carry holder is a brother...obviously.
Your post reads like Chris Rock comedy. What I believe about what happened is the attacker should be charged with strangulation, assault and battery, or aggravated assault. If the police saw the man being in a choke hold, that should be more than a battery charge.

I really don't think that happened due to fear of the black man.

Cheers,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2015, 11:24 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
So given America's love affair with gun massacres, how am I supposed to know next time someone walks into a movie theater or wherever with a gun if they're just some patriotic right winger or a lunatic about to shoot the place up?

Oh, I forgot - that's why we're all supposed to walk into the movie theater armed and assuming that we may have to do a fast draw at any moment.

Old 01-22-2015, 11:25 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
So given America's love affair with gun massacres, how am I supposed to know next time someone walks into a movie theater or wherever with a gun if they're just some patriotic right winger or a lunatic about to shoot the place up?

Oh, I forgot - that's why we're all supposed to walk into the movie theater armed and assuming that we may have to do a fast draw at any moment.
Bingo, welcome to America, here's you gun and your big mac.

Old 01-22-2015, 11:29 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,191,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
The guy did nothing wrong, he was the victim...why did he have his gun on him if it didn't help him in an attack? Was he just carrying a gun to show it off?

guess cops just have firearms on their hips to show off too?

Old 01-22-2015, 11:30 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,816,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post

How do your u know someone isn't going to drive a car through a crowded sidewalk?

Life is easier when you stop worrying about what other people are doing.

Old 01-23-2015, 12:36 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,890,487 times
Quote:
You should talk to the gun nuts on this site that seem to think their guns prevent crimes and make them be super heroes.
The only people I ever see parroting that meme are anti-gun people.

Old 01-23-2015, 12:47 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
The only people I ever see parroting that meme are anti-gun people.
Then you should pay closer attention to the gun nuts that think a gun will prevent crime, they are here is you pay attention.

Old 01-23-2015, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Again, that is not what I asked...

:rolleye s::rolleye s:
Quote:
That was NOT my question, was it...of course not....go BACK AND READ, and this time comprehend....
I don't like having to agree with UrbanLife ( ) But Urban DID answer the question that you asked. You asked...
Quote:
Again, WHY did the attacker wait until the guy with the gun was in walmart?
...and Urban answered...
Quote:
It didn't say in the article, so I can't say why he attacked the man inside the Walmart rather than in the parking lot.

Old 01-23-2015, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
The problem for the attackers is that they had no way of knowing whether this was a good guy with a gun or a bad guy with a gun. And they had to react in a very short period of time.

It turned out they guessed wrong this time. However, if it had been a bad guy folks would be singing their praises.
This only holds true if you give the attacker the benefit of the doubt and assume he sincerely and genuinely believed that this guy with the gun could be a "bad guy".... which I don't believe to be the case...

What I think happened is that Foster is one of these anti-gunners to the point of it being an almost psychotic obsession, and seen this guy stick a gun in to a holster and decided he was going to "do something about it".....

Now can I prove this? Obviously no, but the evidence certainly seems to point to that conclusion.

Exhibit A: Foster didn't call 911 like any sane person would do if they perceived a threat. Even Zimmerman called 911 for crying out loud....

Exhibit B: Foster followed the man and waited until he was in the store where other people were around before he accosted the concealed carrier. Why do that? Why wait till he's in the store to stop him if you genuinely believe he's out to shoot people? If you really believe he's a threat and your gonna be a hero, wouldn't it make more sense to confront him in the parking lot where there are less people around?

Exhibit C: He actually followed the armed threat, while he himself was unarmed, instead of moving away from it. Most people try flight before they fight.

If you ask me, this guy got exactly what he deserved by being charged. He's lucky to have gotten away with his life. It's a heckova stupid thing to put your life on the line to prove a point.

Old 01-23-2015, 02:52 AM

3,377 posts, read 9,203,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
What I'd like to know is, other than the element of surprise, how does some unarmed (presumably liberal anti-gun) person get the best of somebody with a firearm?
The attacker was not unarmed. He effectivly used his body as a weapon. Did you not see the video?

Why is this so hard for people to comprehend? You do not need a gun or knife to do harm to others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies