Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 11:50 AM

4,176 posts, read 4,669,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb73 View Post

I had every kind of measles when I was a kid. As did pretty much every kid I knew. Why all the excitement?
Because it's preventable. Duh.

Old 01-22-2015, 11:52 AM

4,176 posts, read 4,669,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Not sure if other countries brow beat their citizens into getting vaccinated.
Civilized countries do. Heck, if you don't want to get vaccinated, you're more than welcome to contract the disease and possibly die. Anybody who was vaccinated probably won't get sick.

It's pretty sad, really. You have a bunch of complete idiots running around with half-cocked theories perpetuated by Darwin-award-winning anti-vaxxers. And now they're getting sick. Gee, I wonder why. Maybe Jenny McCarthy really IS a f**king moron.

Old 01-22-2015, 11:53 AM

13,302 posts, read 7,867,855 times
Measlies are teaslies.

I am currently working on a vaccine for adolescent acne.

So far, the only side effects are teratogenic myslocation and dehanced morphology of genitalia.

(The Linda Lovelace Syndrome)

This can cause obesity problems in some.

The FDA is giving a serious look at this.

Old 01-22-2015, 12:22 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,433,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Do you work for Big Pharma?
No - i'm a concerned american citizen. . .who really is annoyed by people dying and getting sick for NO GOOD DARN REASON

but - thanks. Appreciate the compliment. When someone tries to discredit you by accusing you for working within the conspiracy, you know. . .the game is over. You have won. claps to the back. Hand raise. I can hear the crowd.

Quote:
Is that your motivation to try to force your beliefs on everyone, profits for the mega corporations/1%?
1 - they aren't beliefs. I've only pasted links to data and stats. They aren't beliefs. There isn't a doubt that 6,000 people died from vaccination preventable diseases. That is the fricken death reports. Nor is there any "BELIEF" in the fact that people getting sick with measles got sick because they - gasp - lacked vaccination.

2 - profits. Once again, this accusation is pretty weak. Your talking a 1,0000 BILLION market (big Pharma over a trillion in 2015) of which vaccinations account for about 1% of that revenue. If you were going to do a conspiracy, it would be - SURPRISE - extending a patent. Humria, THE ONE DRUG, makes more than all vaccinations together. Yet you think big pharma and healthcare are joining up on some conspiracy to grow the 1% to 1.2%?????

I mean really, why do you refuse to not change your talk track? You act as if billions was more than loose change to these companies.

Quote:
The hyperbole of your threads/posts is so over the top that no one could possibly take you seriously.
Yeah, I have never posted non-verified and independently noted data. So its not "hyperbole".

Quote:
As for the flu: the death toll for the flu was only 500 last it was reported in 2010 and it's not even in the top 50 causes of death in our country.
Flu wasn't listed on this thread, though CDC reports Flu deaths as (Influenza and Pneumonia: 53,826). Now i know, your one of those people . .like the gun nuts. . who say "hey, don't count suicides"

Look Flu causes the majority of Pneumonia, so they are linked. 53k is a short sell of the deaths caused. Most likely the rate is much higher because flu causes premature death in babies, elderly, etc from things as varied as premature birth to a heart attack.

Oh, but thats right. Its all some big conspiracy for a total market of flu vaccinations that is 1/3rd of a annual sales of one drug.

because, you know, when big companies want to boost profit, they do conspiracies based on the things that make the least revenue with.

I don't work for big pharma, but I do work for a fortune 500 company. . and I can say. . .big companies aren't that stupid.

Old 01-22-2015, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
Because it's preventable. Duh.
and because it has a decently high chance of death . . and brain damage.

Plus - it apparently sucks really bad to have it.

Old 01-22-2015, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
They should force vaccinations at the gate entrance, right OP?

LOL
vaccinations (MMR) should be required for

-travel by flight
-entry into public education (kindergarden on up)
-entry into private education with more than 5 students

only waivers granted should be proven medical necessity (i..e allergic)

Old 01-22-2015, 12:32 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,176,723 times
Interesting-- another thread pushing vaccinations on everyone......

My oldest had both MMR vaccines, when he was little....

He still caught Measles at 4 years old.....
Had to be hospitalized.....high fevers, it was a bad case.
Seeing as I was only 21 at the time & 7 months pregnant w/ twins....
This changed the way I looked at vaccines--
So by the time my twins were due for their shots & then when my youngest was born (at 26)
I was very adamant about which particular vaccines to use & which to skip.

I did all the research, studied & ignored the hype over every ridiculous vaccine.

Parents have to read between the lines when it comes to vaccines.
You really can't trust the vaccine pushers.

Last edited by believe007; 01-22-2015 at 12:41 PM..

Old 01-22-2015, 12:33 PM

10,231 posts, read 6,315,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
No - i'm a concerned american citizen. . .who really is annoyed by people dying and getting sick for NO GOOD DARN REASON

but - thanks. Appreciate the compliment. When someone tries to discredit you by accusing you for working within the conspiracy, you know. . .the game is over. You have won. claps to the back. Hand raise. I can hear the crowd.

1 - they aren't beliefs. I've only pasted links to data and stats. They aren't beliefs. There isn't a doubt that 6,000 people died from vaccination preventable diseases. That is the fricken death reports. Nor is there any "BELIEF" in the fact that people getting sick with measles got sick because they - gasp - lacked vaccination.

2 - profits. Once again, this accusation is pretty weak. Your talking a 1,0000 BILLION market (big Pharma over a trillion in 2015) of which vaccinations account for about 1% of that revenue. If you were going to do a conspiracy, it would be - SURPRISE - extending a patent. Humria, THE ONE DRUG, makes more than all vaccinations together. Yet you think big pharma and healthcare are joining up on some conspiracy to grow the 1% to 1.2%?????

I mean really, why do you refuse to not change your talk track? You act as if billions was more than loose change to these companies.

Yeah, I have never posted non-verified and independently noted data. So its not "hyperbole".

Flu wasn't listed on this thread, though CDC reports Flu deaths as (Influenza and Pneumonia: 53,826). Now i know, your one of those people . .like the gun nuts. . who say "hey, don't count suicides"

Look Flu causes the majority of Pneumonia, so they are linked. 53k is a short sell of the deaths caused. Most likely the rate is much higher because flu causes premature death in babies, elderly, etc from things as varied as premature birth to a heart attack.

Oh, but thats right. Its all some big conspiracy for a total market of flu vaccinations that is 1/3rd of a annual sales of one drug.

because, you know, when big companies want to boost profit, they do conspiracies based on the things that make the least revenue with.

I don't work for big pharma, but I do work for a fortune 500 company. . and I can say. . .big companies aren't that stupid.
b

I REFUSE my consent to be used as "the elderly" in this campaign. I DID work for a Big Pharm and could write you an entire paper on their Marketing, PR, 5 Year Plans, etc., etc. Their motivation is PROFITS, not humanitarian.

Old 01-22-2015, 12:40 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
Quote:
Do you work for Big Pharma? Is that your motivation to try to force your beliefs on everyone, profits for the mega corporations/1%? The hyperbole of your threads/posts is so over the top that no one could possibly take you seriously. While I'm not against measles vaccinations, I don't see any evidence as to what caused the measles outbreak at Disneyland, but don't let that stop you from making emotionally charged accusations.

As for the flu: the death toll for the flu was only 500 last it was reported in 2010 and it's not even in the top 50 causes of death in our country. Big Pharma had it relabeled 'Influenza and Pneumonia' to beef up the scare factor for people like you, but again only 500 of those deaths are actually from the flu (see page 39 of CDC report below). The other 36k or 49k (depending on who you believe?) are from pneumonia. Of those cases, over half are bacterial, not viral, so we know factually they're not related to the flu. Remember, the CDC takes the flu numbers, adds in extra category's like Pneumonia, Respiratory/Circulatory ailments and heart disease, then multiplies them all by 2.7 to reach their estimated number of flu deaths. Sounds pretty scientific doesn't it?

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr61/nvsr61_04.pdf
thank you, thank you, there are a group of newbies who are just as you describe, it takes all the fun out of these forums....surely isn't the same, it's one thing to disagree and another to humiliate people b/c they think and feel differently....

unbelievable....

Old 01-22-2015, 12:40 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
The anti-vaccination crowd will die of diseases that are preventable.

Darwin at work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies