Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 08:17 PM

870 posts, read 1,622,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
Yeah... still not feeling any sympathy for that dude...
well it is just too bad that dude kept your sorry butt safe after your president clinton failed to take care of osama. i feel bad that bush kept sorry people like you safe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2009, 08:20 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,176,206 times
the bush is not burning it never was, its not about him he is just a man,
but the people that i admired and respected who put him there for 8 years have done great damage to the country.

Old 01-20-2009, 08:58 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,447,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefkey View Post

When I see pictures of him having emotion I feel for him. I deep down think he is good guy who let behind the scenes opinions take him in directions he never should have gone. All presidents have alot of advisors who will never have to bear the brunt of failure like he does.

He unfortunately will go down in history as one of the worst regardless of what personality he has.
He earned his place in history, which will not be kind. Was he mislead or manipulated by his advisors, well shame on him. His duty was to put the BEST people in these positions, not just friends, and then to hold them to a very high standards. But that's a tough task for a man of low standards and meager accomplishments.

Old 01-20-2009, 09:01 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,429,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Well, I'd kind of thought that the right-wing was more than average into the so-called victim's rights movement. The country itself has been victimized over these past eight years. I don't necessarily see it as hatred if some of those victims now want to speak up...
Exactly and thank you. We are just supposed to "forget" the horror of the last eight years overnight.

Old 01-20-2009, 09:17 PM

659 posts, read 1,082,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
don't be fooled! the man's got the heart of a jackal.
Do you know the man?? I don't like his politics but the guy is still a HUMAN; want me to break it down to genus and class? The guy has emotions, just like you and me, and no matter how much you think he is a jackal, a devil, a [insert word here] that simple fact won't change. GET OVER IT. Obama won; let's get on with our lives and focus on our future problems, not our past ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
What, his personal advisors? Rove, Card, Rumsfeld?
He chose those guys.
And he put faith and trust into those guys. Of course, if his advisers mess up it's Bush that takes the blame (same in corporations, notice how the CEO is always blamed even though he might have not had knowledge of what was happening?). I'm not saying this is wrong in the least but when Bush put his signature of legislation and what not at the end of the day, he trusted his advisers to have the best interest of the country in mind. If me and my buds were going hunting, I would trust my friend to shoot a geese that didn't have lead poisoning and if he did, he would at least tell me about it.

Old 01-20-2009, 09:18 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,463,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by booker_one View Post
well it is just too bad that dude kept your sorry butt safe after your president clinton failed to take care of osama. i feel bad that bush kept sorry people like you safe.
If I'm interpreting this correctly, are you saying that you feel bad that I'm not dead? Man, that's the American spirit we all know and love I guess?

I feel bad we were led to the toilet by people like you, but I'm not here wishing your demise.

I similarly feel bad that it's my burden to make this country better for people like you.

Old 01-21-2009, 05:49 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,399,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeytonC View Post
Pres Bush made some mistakes, sure.
Let's make one thing very clear: No one is angry with Bush over any of his mistakes. Those he could be forgiven. It is the things he did on purpose over eight disastrous years that have upset so many people. These were not mistakes, nor accidents, nor mere misjudgments. These were the things he said he wanted to do. These were things he deliberately did do, after supposedly weighing all the evidence and considering all the alternatives. He has left office with not one area of his Presidential responsibility left unscarred from his having put his hands on it. It is no reflection of animus to state that Bush basically botched everything there was to botch, and that he did it all deliberately. He has taken us from an apex as a natrion to a nadir in a mere eight years. He has made a very good case for being considered the worst President in our history. It is not those who point this out, but those who insist on asserting otherwise, who are failing to confront the actuality of the man.

Old 01-21-2009, 05:58 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,153,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefkey View Post

When I see pictures of him having emotion I feel for him. I deep down think he is good guy who let behind the scenes opinions take him in directions he never should have gone. All presidents have alot of advisors who will never have to bear the brunt of failure like he does.

He unfortunately will go down in history as one of the worst regardless of what personality he has.
I think you nailed it. I have never been a Bush supporter, but think he is basically a good guy. He was in over his head from day one and trusted the wrong people for all the wrong reasons. He did bad things, some unknowingly and as time progressed, some knowingly. He was not a leader, but a mouthpiece. I'm sure that he wishes he could have had a do over. He will go down in history as one of our worst presidents.

He and Laura were probably the second most happy couple in the world yesterday.

Old 01-21-2009, 07:12 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,039,437 times
Bush Crying

HE was the "decider"......I hope one day to see him crying a million times worse at a tribunal.Probably won't happen but............

Old 01-21-2009, 07:13 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,039,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by booker_one View Post
dream on,dream on,dream on till your dreams come true
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies