Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 05:29 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,376,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
This must be a medical miracle. I didn't know gay's could have kids!

Kidding aside, I think they are within their rights, because their beliefs would be inconsistent with what these "gay parents" believe, and would only lead to trouble. Such a situation would undermine the tenets of the Christian Faith.

One has to ask, why would two "gay parents" want to send the child to a Christian school, unless it was to make trouble. "Gay" people hate Christians, and hate what the Bible clearly teaches about homosexuality. So, what is their motive? They are clearly wanting to make an issue, and hoping to win a big lawsuit.

By the way, this isn't bigotry.
You didn't read the story first either eh?

Old 01-24-2015, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Is it too hard for them to admit they adopted the kid just to raise lawsuits?
Pretty disgusting comment.

Old 01-24-2015, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
Would you have a problem with a Jewish school not accepting kids whose parents were Neo-Nazis?
Is there such a thing as Jewish Neo-Nazis?

Poor analogy. The married dads are Christians. One of them is a Christian Pastor.

Old 01-24-2015, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
This whole thing is stupid, except for two things:

1. If private schools have requirements in terms of parent expectations should have their policies clearly stated and available to prospective enrollees. It does not appear the school did that in this case.

2. If a school holds an official anti-gay policy and you believe in equality, don't send your kids to that school. Justifying or rationalizing a "good education" only legitimizes their stance.
They need to put up a big sign outside the school.

"Gay and lesbian parents and their children are not welcome at this school."

and don't forget the disclaimer:

"Divorced cheating heterosexual parents living in sin with their boyfriends/girlfriends are welcome"

Old 01-24-2015, 06:10 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,293,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
They need to put up a big sign outside the school.

"Gay and lesbian parents and their children are not welcome at this school."

and don't forget the disclaimer:

"Divorced cheating heterosexual parents living in sin with their boyfriends/girlfriends are welcome"
Even a church will not tolerate members openly living in sin. Why should a school accept it?

Secondly, homosexuality is specifically called "an abomination." I think this sets it apart from all other sin.

Yes, we all sin. That's why we need Christ's forgiveness. But His forgiveness is not a license to live a life "in sin" as homosexuals do.

Sorry. I'm with the school on this.

Old 01-24-2015, 07:05 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,195,922 times
Quote:
Even a church will not tolerate members openly living in sin. Why should a school accept it?

Secondly, homosexuality is specifically called "an abomination." I think this sets it apart from all other sin.

Yes, we all sin. That's why we need Christ's forgiveness. But His forgiveness is not a license to live a life "in sin" as homosexuals do.

In the OT it says homosexuality is an abomination (depending on context and language) but unless you are following all of the OT laws stop picking and choosing.

Funny how when the OT is brought up against Christians "it doesn't apply anymore" but for some reason it is dusted off specifically for those evil gays.

P.S. divorces and remarried people are living in sin according to your book too. How many of those parents are sitting in the pews or have kids at this school..

Just another example of Christian hypocrisy.

Old 01-24-2015, 08:18 AM

58,958 posts, read 27,261,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Anti-Gay Tennessee School Denies Admission to Child of Gay Parents*|*Jamie McGonnigal

I have to question why ANY gay man would invest his time, money and emotions in an organization that demonizes his very existence. People SHOULD only support organizations or people who support them. He really kind of deserves this treatment. Perhaps it will open his eyes.
Some would say your statement make YOU the bigot.

Old 01-24-2015, 08:32 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,168,999 times
Quote:

WOW. You cannot be serious. This is why us Christians are called hypocrites.

Old 01-24-2015, 08:37 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
This whole thing is stupid, except for two things:

1. If private schools have requirements in terms of parent expectations should have their policies clearly stated and available to prospective enrollees. It does not appear the school did that in this case.

2. If a school holds an official anti-gay policy and you believe in equality, don't send your kids to that school. Justifying or rationalizing a "good education" only legitimizes their stance.
The school's handbook and website Explicity state that homosexuality is unacceptable lifestyle conduct.

I don't generally doubt the motives of people who publicize complaints against anti-gay attitudes. In this case, I have trouble believing that two smart, active, involved parents like these two men weren't aware of the school's policy or at least had doubts about how welcome they'd be at a Christian school.

Old 01-24-2015, 09:33 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,091,750 times
Quote:

Some churches are more than welcoming to gay people, and some churches (one in my hometown actually) preformed a wedding for two men. Albeit, the pastor who preformed in got into trouble by the higher ups, but I say good for the pastor.

And yes, we all sin... but what exactly is your criteria for deciding what sin is worse? homosexuality is described as an 'abomination' in the translated English version you've "read." But it didn't make the list of 10 really important rules, so do you have the same disdain for adulterers? In fact, you should have more disdain for adulterers than you do for homosexuality, since it was put on a separate list. What about blasphemers? They're in the top 3 of that list. If someone says 'Jesus Christ' with a bad tone, do you stop talking to them and believe schools shouldn't accept them?

Of course not. You dislike from homosexuality comes form things outside of your religion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies