Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 07:58 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,809,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingIL View Post
Okay, so, for example, a nuclear-Iran is an existential threat to Israel and, we should therefore, kowtow to all of Netanyahu's demands. First of all, the Iran nuclear myth has been dispatched with by basically anyone who's traveled to Iran to actually write about it, and frauds like David Albright, who Levin is happy to cite, have been exposed OVER AND OVER for being completely full of ****. But even that aside, if we pretend that the fatwas on nuclear prohibition were never issued, and Khamenei was somehow friendly to the creation of a nuclear weapon, Mossad themselves said it wouldn't be an existential threat to Israel:

*Advertisement

He claims that the U.S. does not "torture" anybody. What he doesn't tell you is that the JD memo sent from Alberto Gonzalez and John Yoo to the president cite some random age-old medical statute about "severe pain" needing to cause organ failure to be severe, and torture requiring severe pain, therefore nobody tortures anybody. He also doesn't admit the rendition program:

Outsourcing Torture - The New Yorker

And denies the statutory anal rape at Abu Ghraib:

US general linked to Abu Ghraib abuse | World news | The Guardian

He claims that, in the Mike Brown shooting, the "credible" eyewitness accounts corroborated the officer's story, and that the officer was a hero. The specific accounts to which he directed his praise have been admitted by McCulloch HIMSELF as a lie:

St. Louis prosecutor McCulloch says he knew ‘Witness 40′ lied to Ferguson grand jury

I can go on and on and on and on...
You forgot to mention global warming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2015, 08:03 PM

1,978 posts, read 1,550,724 times
Quote:
That doesn't make anyone right at all, just because they're from Nigeria. He's probably never heard of blowback or all the U.S. interventions or the great reporting on how the overthrow of Qaddafi and the war in Mali strengthened al-Qaida in the Islamic Maghreb and armed Boko Haram in the first place.

And OF COURSE he agreed. A guy like Mark never would have a smart person on his show who could make a good argument against him, because the would blow his cover. The only people he ever has on who disagree with him are usually drunk liberals that sound like crazies because it fits his broader narrative.
You're sounding pretty crazy yourself, right about now.

Old 01-23-2015, 08:05 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,034,102 times
Pure constitutionalist. He also spoke out harshly on Bush.

Old 01-23-2015, 08:20 PM

6,105 posts, read 5,984,673 times
Quote:
Which doesn't mean they know ANYTHING at all about the root causes of extremist terrorism.

I'm not denying AT ALL whatsoever that Boko Haram are ruthless, scumbag, islamofascist, bark-eating backwoods hillbilly child-murderers and rapists that all deserve to have their heads blown off. I'm just saying that he ignores ENTIRELY what might actually be causing their existence in the first place. It wasn't like North Africa was a lawless Jihadi paradise before 2011. Coincidence, much?

North Africa and West Africa have been a souce of religious or ethnic conflict for thousands of years for the boundary between light skinned people (US) and dark skinned people cuts across it. We've been lucky that the Sahara Desert separates the two peoples or our history would have been dominated by a race conflict going back thousands of years. In fact Egypt along the Nile which is an easy road across the desert from the Middle East to the Heart of Africa has had a history illustrating this conflict . Egyptologists still debate which dynasties and Pharoah's were black and which were white, either European or Persian or Semitic.

Islam spread across North Africa in the 7th Century AD and then made the hard trip across the Sahara to the Sahel by 900 AD where it spurred the growth great Empires like Ghana Mali and Songhai, as well as, great Emirates like Sokoto, Kano, Bornu-Kanum and Kaduna in Northern Nigeria. Conflict between non Islamic infidels and the Islamic polities was basically non stop from 900 AD to present.

Islamic civilization in the Sahel was crippled and nearly destroyed by climate change during what we call the Little Ice Age up north which was a catastrophic dry spell down here that lasted for 3-4 centuries. Not much was left in the Sahel by the time Europeans went beyond the coast in the 18th and 19th Century.

A British explorer named Mungo Jerry was the first European to gaze on the Niger River and sail down it to the sea. He found the fabled city of Timbuktu was no myth although be the time he got to it it was only a shadow of what it once was. Other French and British explorers filled in the blanks and in 1888 at a Conference in Berlin hosted by Bismarck, Britain and France agreed it wasn't woth fighting about and partitions North and West Africa, The current map of Africa often ignoring native cultures and religion is the sorry result. Many nations in Africa are tinderboxes of ethnic and religious conflict that flare up with depressing regularity. This is the origin of civil wars and groups like Boko Harem. Not Islam, for some of the problems and the first bloodshed in Nigeria not so many years after Independence was on the hands of Christian Southerners. Southerners who were put in a priveleged position by the Christian British who ran Nigeria from 1888-1960.

Old 01-23-2015, 08:40 PM

610 posts, read 698,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
You forgot to mention global warming.
Because i don't talk about stuff thats fake.

Old 01-23-2015, 08:46 PM

56,989 posts, read 35,159,743 times
He's one of the smarter conservatives, and he's still dumb.

Old 01-23-2015, 09:22 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,785,376 times
The book of his that I read was excellent. Cant remember the title.

If I wanted to listen to an old man rant wild, I'd hang a tape recorder around my neck all day, then listen to the tape in the evening.

Old 01-23-2015, 10:13 PM

37,946 posts, read 17,838,153 times
Quote:
I'm not accusing him of "being" any sort of way. I'm accusing him of lying all the time and never actually arguing with facts.
Yet you've presented no facts. Just emotional, irrational drama queen comments.

Old 01-23-2015, 10:14 PM

37,946 posts, read 17,838,153 times
Quote:
What, exactly, did I say that was delusional?

This entire thread is constituted of people who didn't argue a SINGLE ONE of the facts I put forth. All of which I'd be happy to source for you.

Come on, do better.
Still waiting for facts.

Old 01-24-2015, 05:37 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,789,747 times
Mark Levin will live his entire life angry and blaming everything on Liberals, telling people how liberals are imposing on others' right to exploit and discriminate and saying how "liberalism" (otherwise known as caring about your fellow citizen) needs to be eradicated.

Whatever you think that is not a realistic or even healthy life perspective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies