Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2015, 09:00 AM

2,345 posts, read 1,670,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Do you think that this hasn't happened in every single state that has had a similar ruling? Heck 6 were just taken all the way to the supreme court which refused to even hear the cases. This is not a new tactic, just a way to waste taxpayer money tilting at windmills.

Alabama can kick and scream all they want, but they will be put into place like all of the other have been.
Judge Moore has been slapped down by higher court before, I guess he didn't learn anything from the past.
haha You don't KNOW Alabama STRENGTH, I do !!!

Wait & see!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2015, 09:03 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post

Wait & see!!!
Haha, I know the federal judiciary strength. And it is bigger and stronger that a state level judge that has already been smacked down by the feds.

Plus the supreme court is set to rule on the issue in June, so your little state level judge is about to get a supreme smack down.

Old 02-05-2015, 09:38 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Thanks, kind friend !!!

And here's what I've been telling is going to happen in Alabama =>

Alabama Lawyers Face Off Against Chief Justice In Gay Marriage Fight

From the link:

"Indeed, it does not appear that Alabama's legal community is rallying behind Moore's position, although support for same-sex marriage in the state still trails the rest of the country. The Alabama State Committee of the American College of Trial Lawyers released a statement calling Moore’s letter to the governor “improper and unfair.” The Alabama Probate Judges Association has also turned its back on Moore. "

Also, as referenced in the link:

"The professional association of Alabama's probate judges said Wednesday it now is satisfied that a federal court order striking down the state's same-sex marriage ban applies to them."

Alabama probate judges' group agrees decision voiding same-sex marriage ban applies to them | AL.com

Old 02-05-2015, 09:41 AM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Thanks, kind friend !!!

And here's what I've been telling is going to happen in Alabama =>

That's your big surprise? Judge Roy Moore is going to make a futile grandstanding gesture before being slapped down - again? I confess to being a bit disappointed. (Incidentally, where is Moore's 10 commandments monument these days? Not in front of the courthouse, we know that.)

Admittedly, Moore is a fine example of Alabama STRENGTH. Like a dinosaur - they were STRONG, too. Brains the size of walnuts, but STRONG. Have you considered bringing some Alabama SMARTS to the fight? (Yeah, sorry. Couldn't type that with a straight face.)

Old 02-05-2015, 09:42 AM

1,438 posts, read 779,113 times
So Alabama is itching for another fight they'll certainly lose???

They're just like their parents and grandparents before them

Old 02-05-2015, 09:44 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Judge Roy Moore is going to make a futile grandstanding gesture before being slapped down - again? Yeah, that's Alabama STRENGTH right there. Dinosaurs were STRONG, too. Brains the size of walnuts, but STRONG.

(Incidentally, where is Moore's 10 commandments monument these days? Not in front of the courthouse, we know that.)
Speaking of brains the size of walnuts...

Alabama gay marriage ruling triggers full-bore crazy from public service commissioner | AL.com

Old 02-05-2015, 09:49 AM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:

Wait & see!!!
Good ol' traditional Alabama STRENGTH:

Old 02-05-2015, 10:46 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,605,154 times
Quote:

Wait & see!!!
Please stop. You're embarrasing yourself and further embarrasing our state. I live here so I also know Alabama well, and it will lose this battle (after wasting tax dollars we don't have).

Old 02-05-2015, 10:49 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,772,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Haha, I know the federal judiciary strength. And it is bigger and stronger that a state level judge that has already been smacked down by the feds.

Plus the supreme court is set to rule on the issue in June, so your little state level judge is about to get a supreme smack down.
I can't help but think he's a Poe.

Old 02-05-2015, 10:59 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Quote:

Wait & see!!!
Even your linked article shows Moore fighting a losing battle. When the Probate Judges start issuing same-sex marriage licenses, what's Moore going to do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies