Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2015, 03:19 PM

79,914 posts, read 44,174,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
If you make your child go to school, you really should go to the police station and turn yourself in by your logic.
Wow, you really are confused. There is nothing in our law, Constitution or anything at all that would trump me getting my kids an education. Quit swinging wildly. Think a minute before replying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2015, 03:21 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,601,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It made us the country we are. I have no idea what point you are trying to make and I kind of doubt you do either. It's exactly what the founders wanted. The government not being able to tell you what you must believe.
My point is that children do not have all of the same rights we do. If they did and your child told you he was going to spend the night at his friend's house, you couldn't stop him or you'd be arrested.

I don't know why this is so hard to grasp.

Old 01-26-2015, 03:21 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,526,497 times
Quote:
Wow, you have charter schools all over the place? Personally I think you are making all of this up. Situations like this do happen and we have discussed it but in your case I don't believe it.

I really don't care what you think.. perhaps that's the problem.
I'm not looking for a fight the kid is doing this because he's lazy for the most part. I am NOT going to cause a stink because you feel the need to contact the school. I'm sure that this is something the teacher told him that he has to do & that's about the extent of it. Get over it because I'm not going to post the name of the school. Again don't like it don't care.

Last edited by reed067; 01-26-2015 at 03:31 PM..

Old 01-26-2015, 03:27 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,338,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
The pledge of allegiance is one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen and think it should be done away with.
Agree.
Kooky.

Old 01-26-2015, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
My point is that children do not have all of the same rights we do.
But I addressed that over and over and over and over but it hasn't seemed to have sunk in.

Quote:
If they did and your child told you he was going to spend the night at his friend's house, you couldn't stop him or you'd be arrested.

I don't know why this is so hard to grasp.
Because it's absolutely irrelevant. Again, not that it's going to make a difference. The law is clear here, he does not have to recite the pledge.

Old 01-26-2015, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I really don't care what you think.. perhaps that's the problem.
I'm not looking for a fight the kid is doing this because he's lazy for the most part. I am NOT going to cause a stink because you feel the need to contact the school. I'm sure that this is something the teacher told him that he has to do & that's about the extent of it. Get over it because I'm not going to post the name of the school. Again don't like it don't care.
So you thought it important to start a thread over your lazy kid?

Old 01-26-2015, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Much ado about nothing. Tell the kid that he has to follow the rules of his charter school....Stand....When he pays his own tuition, he can sit and face the consequences. IMO He is much too young to be taking any sort of political stand.

And, where is his Dad's input.....He is living with his Dad.....Have Dad decide how to handle this.

Meanwhile do not feed him anymore BS about Mean ole Gov't...."You can't do whatever you want" why radicalize him....Sounds like someone already is. Let him keep his illusions about life and liberty and the pursuit of happiness, he'll be old and cynical soon enough.

Besides....No one has ever been able to do just whatever they want....it is called society. No smoking came about because the majority of folks wanted smoking rules/laws...that's just one example you used. And, I'm pretty sure that you can live off-grid, on your own land.
Why are you so against the values this country was founded upon?

faqs

Old 01-26-2015, 03:37 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,205,038 times
Quote:
I was thinking the same thing....

Old 01-26-2015, 03:44 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,474,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Aha, he sees the flag as the government. A big overbearing authoritarian abuser, okey dokey, I can relate. However, a lot of folks see the flag as the people. Or, see the flag as the government where the government is the people. Yup, I'd encourage him to move on, too much drama for a sixth grader.
"The republic" certainly IS the government. No two ways about it.

Old 01-26-2015, 03:44 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,526,497 times
Quote:

Umm IF you read my OP then you would see that I didn't have all the facts right then. I mentioned it here because I thought it would be interesting topic nonetheless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies