Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 12:12 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,283,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Thank you. I knew the point wasn't to actually change your behavior to do anything significant.

I just wanted to verify that. Thanks.
What do you mean? I told you what accepting science for what it is means. Don't see anything about behaviour. Sorry you didn't get the answer you expected. You can pretend you've scored some sort of point if it makes you feel better about your denialism having no basis in fact if you like. Carry on.

Old 01-28-2015, 01:39 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,595,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
What do you mean? I told you what accepting science for what it is means. Don't see anything about behaviour. Sorry you didn't get the answer you expected. You can pretend you've scored some sort of point if it makes you feel better about your denialism having no basis in fact if you like. Carry on.
Oh, I know you keep telling us the science is settled and then we keep seeing studies saying, "Well, we just noticed this major thing, but it doesn't change the end result, just how we got there."

Point in case, they just recently published an article about the effect volcanoes have played in cooling over the last 15 years. It seems to have a major impact, but since it doesn't change their overall view, it doesn't mean much.

It's like we are told there are a total of 25 animals in the zoo; 5 apes, 5 big cats, 5 bears, 5 warthogs and 5 sloths. They say they are certain about that 25 number, and it's as accurate as can be. Then they come back and say, there were actually only 2 apes, but when they noticed that they also noticed there were 3 camels. Since there are still 25 animals in the zoo, we were told it is still completely accurate.

The funny thing is that the AGW crowd only cares about being right and not about doing anything about it.

Old 01-28-2015, 01:43 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,817,332 times
Quote:
The funny thing is that the AGW crowd only cares about being right and not about doing anything about it.
actually the AGW crowd doesnt even care about being right, they just want everyone to ascribe to their point of view so they can get on with their agenda of getting greater control over the people.

Old 01-28-2015, 02:14 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,114,186 times
Quote:
Sure it will.
Nope. Military ain't cheap and infrastructure ain't cheap. It's cute you think instability is cheap or easy.

Quote:
Since we are obviously not going to do anything of significance to stop climate change, when do you think the apocalypse will begin?
Define significance, as there is quite a bit happening globally.

Quote:
I'm thinking we can revisit this after everything goes to hell, but I'd like to know how much longer that will be.

Are we talking 10 years, 20 years, 50 years or 100 years?
Haven't got a clue, but then again I'm not some doomsday guy or ideologue like yourself and most everyone else on here. Just some guy that thinks it's in our best interest to use our resources may effectively and efficiently. Regardless, of climate change, pollution ain't cheap to clean up or deal with.

Old 01-28-2015, 02:16 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,114,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
actually the AGW crowd doesnt even care about being right, they just want everyone to ascribe to their point of view so they can get on with their agenda of getting greater control over the people.
Yawn.... More ideological BS. More AGW is about control meme.... The ignorant right is so predictable.

Old 01-28-2015, 04:00 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
The warming of the oceans are causing quite a few problems already...

We have seen a quantum jump in extreme weather events in the Northern Hemisphere in the last several years. Droughts, deluges, and heat waves are increasingly getting “stuck” or “blocked,” which in turn worsens and prolongs their impact beyond what might be expected just from the recent human-caused increase in global temperatures. Global Warming Linked To More Extreme Weather And Weaker Jet Stream | ThinkProgress

Old 01-28-2015, 04:42 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,817,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Yawn.... More ideological BS. More AGW is about control meme.... The ignorant right is so predictable.
really? what is the first thing that the AGW people call for when talking about what to do about so called global warming? the first thing they call for is more government regulation. why? because regulation is the easiest way to control the people, and make the majority think that your government is doing something for you, so you dont have to actually think for yourself.

and what is the second thing the AGW crowd calls for? thats right more taxes, that way they can finance their regulations on the backs of the people.

Old 01-28-2015, 06:05 PM

2,777 posts, read 1,780,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
No, now you're just proving yourself to be a nutter.

You labeled yourself a "RACIST" not me.
I'm starting to think the problem is you don't know what the word 'ethnocentric' means, and just threw it in here because you liked the sound of it.

Here's the quote again:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea;
It's not my fault you cannot understand the meaning implications of an Inter-Glacial Period.

Let's take this approach....What should Earth do during an Inter-Glacial Period, according to your preconceived ethnocentric fantasies?
Quote:
Wrong.

You Klimate Kweers are the ones who believe there is a "set" climate.
There IS a climate that probably would have been had AGW never happened, if that's what you mean. Obviously if all of that CO2 hadn't been put in the atmosphere, the world would be a very different place today.

The problem here is that you think that the unexplained warming is being caused by anything but CO2, time itself, or maybe even nothing at all, while science claims it is being caused by CO2.

Quote:
You just debunked Global Warming/Climate Change.

Thank you.
WTF??

Quote:
There's no evidence of that.

You have confused Cause & Effect.

Your claim is that warmer temperatures and higher CO2 concentrations occur together, therefore CO2 is the cause of warmer temperatures.

The fact is you cannot prove which comes first: warmer temperatures or higher levels of CO2.
So wait-- the warmer global climate is causing factories and to spew CO2 into the air, while also cutting down trees?

I seriously think you are on some form of government-issue hallucinogenic mind control drug.

You have obviously transcended the boundaries of conventional logic and crossed over into some sort of abstract parallel where celestial beings play ping pong with your mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies