Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2015, 03:38 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,605,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Umm...
Automation and other similiar factors allow a person to become more productive. The chart makes sense. It shows that when employers invest in new technology, they are able to make a company's workforce more profitable.

Are you surprised by this?

Old 01-26-2015, 04:49 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,835,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Cancer killed Steve Jobs.
Yes, but it's interesting to note that his essentially bottomless pool of money may have had a significant contributory factor. While Jobs did have pancreatic cancer, he had a type that is in the lowest five percent of seriousness; a type that is considered mild and easily treated. Jobs instead pursued alternative methods around the globe at great expense and only after their failure did he turn to conventional medicine but by that time he had cast the die that stamped out his life. Early treatment with an established protocol would probably have saved his life. All the money in the world apparently can't buy good judgement.

Old 01-26-2015, 04:49 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,364,321 times
Quote:
Cancer killed Steve Jobs.
Cancer should have killed Steve jobs years and years ago. He used his income and power to get a liver transplant in 2009 keeping him alive several more years. And killing the person who would have otherwise gotten that liver.

Funny fact-Steve Jobs's attempt to use psuedo science diets to make the cancer go away probably killed him more then anything else. Otherwise they could have operated on him much earlier, and saved his life.

Old 01-26-2015, 04:50 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,364,321 times
Quote:
Automation and other similiar factors allow a person to become more productive. The chart makes sense. It shows that when employers invest in new technology, they are able to make a company's workforce more profitable.

Are you surprised by this?
So before that all the productivity gains that were shared were what? Right. Same darn thing. Except instead of raising all the boats it built bigger yachts

Old 01-26-2015, 05:01 PM

88,989 posts, read 44,799,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Poor people worry about things like-having food, being able to afford medical care, and being actually literally homeless.
I don't buy that. If they were so worried about that, they wouldn't over-reproduce.

Old 01-26-2015, 05:16 PM

5,772 posts, read 3,220,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
So many posters here are middle class, and they clearly hate -- loathe -- those who are in the upper income class and upper wealth class.

Why can't middle class people just get along with those who earn more/are worth more? I

Is it just jealousy, or is there more to it?
Because the super rich consider themselves citizens of the world. There's no loyalty to the USA or any other country. This one percent throws money at the media to convince us that globalization and trickle down is good for all. It's sure not good for the middle class. The majority of the fortune 500 are now multi national corporations that have the nationalism of a GPS device.

Old 01-26-2015, 05:18 PM

5,772 posts, read 3,220,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I don't buy that. If they were so worried about that, they wouldn't over-reproduce.
Do you really think that they come from families that teach self discipline?

Old 01-26-2015, 05:23 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,439,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
My mom got cancer, couldnt see a Dr till it was WAY too late. It killed her. Your rich relatives? They may get cancer, but they can afford to see a dr early when its just "I feel sick". I guess that colors my opinions somewhat.

And I do respect your viewpoint. However all the money in the world, does not help a victim, when cancer has spread, no amount of money.

Having money does not mean that your immune to dying from deadly illnesses. Maybe some have better treatment, or are in better hospitals. But even if just caught, cancer depending on what kind is very deadly. Believe me I know.
You can have the best Doctors, seek the best treatments, but depending on what kind of cancer, this may or many not help at all. I know believe me.

So color this my opinion.

Old 01-26-2015, 05:26 PM

88,989 posts, read 44,799,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
Do you really think that they come from families that teach self discipline?
Why does self-discipline need to be taught? People and animals instinctively know to avoid placing themselves in adverse conditions.

Old 01-26-2015, 05:33 PM

1,138 posts, read 3,345,315 times
As a middle class earner I do not hate the 1%. The mainstream media tries to brainwash us into hating them, IMHO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies