Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2015, 01:48 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Please give us the income and the final tax paid since you seem to know. You do know the number right?

Even if a person making a billion pays $25 million, they are paying far more than what they receive in services.

But, let's see what the numbers are for one of these guys. Post the numbers and links.
Yes because hedge fund managers post their taxes on the internet for all to see.

Old 01-27-2015, 01:51 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Well, the 1% took a hit yesterday. So did I.

Old 01-27-2015, 01:57 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Yes because hedge fund managers post their taxes on the internet for all to see.
So you're saying you don't know their income or, more importantly, how much they pay in taxes?

If you don't know this, why would you make a post about their earnings and taxes?

Old 01-27-2015, 02:01 PM

Quote:
So you're saying you don't know their income or, more importantly, how much they pay in taxes?

If you don't know this, why would you make a post about their earnings and taxes?
I know their income actually, I have posted the number-just shy of 25 billion combined for the top 25. I could break that down more.

As for their taxes, I do know this fun fact, the carried interest loophole for them brings most of them down to a 20% rate right off the bat, then anything they can shuffle around ala Romney for example drops it from there. But what their final rate is, no idea.

I do know I pay a higher rate. LOL.

Old 01-27-2015, 02:07 PM

Quote:
I know their income actually, I have posted the number-just shy of 25 billion combined for the top 25. I could break that down more.

As for their taxes, I do know this fun fact, the carried interest loophole for them brings most of them down to a 20% rate right off the bat, then anything they can shuffle around ala Romney for example drops it from there. But what their final rate is, no idea.
So, why did you bring up a specific group if you don't know what that group pays?

Quote:
I do know I pay a higher rate. LOL.
Tell your elected officials that you want a flat tax where everyone pays the same rate and you'll no longer need to worry about paying a higher rate.

Old 01-27-2015, 02:08 PM

Quote:
So, why did you bring up a specific group if you don't know what that group pays?

Tell your elected officials that you want a flat tax where everyone pays the same rate and you'll no longer need to worry about paying a higher rate.
Oh yes, a flat tax idea, how original. (not)

And I do know that group pays under 20%. Why are you being so obtuse?

Old 01-27-2015, 02:10 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,417,405 times
Quote:
Rate? Rate?

If one person pays $25 million in federal taxes, they are paying far more than pretty much anyone else. Unless the government is paying to have a fleet of helicopters on standby to take them where ever they want to go at the drop of a hat, they are paying MUCH MORE than their fair share.
Sure about that? The infrastructure they use isn't cheap, and corporate America uses the hell out of it.

Oh, and the helicopter rides? They're almost certainly written off as a business expense. The government isn't paying for those trips and three-martini lunches, we are.

Old 01-27-2015, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Sure about that? The infrastructure they use isn't cheap, and corporate America uses the hell out of it.
Please explain how Bill Gates personally uses more infrastructure than most people to justify an extra, we'll just say, $25 million.

Quote:
Oh, and the helicopter rides? They're almost certainly written off as a business expense. So yeah, they pretty much free.
Well, one thing we know for sure, RaymondChandlereLives is not an accountant.

Let me guess, you believe they get their yachts for free as well. No, no, no, you probably believe the poor are forced to pay for them.

If you actually believe such fantasies, no wonder why you hate rich people.

Old 01-27-2015, 02:15 PM

89,023 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
So do consumers. Without that infrastructure, food, clothing, shelter, etc., wouldn't be available for purchase.

Old 01-27-2015, 02:57 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,417,405 times
Quote:
Please explain how Bill Gates personally uses more infrastructure than most people to justify an extra, we'll just say, $25 million.

Well, one thing we know for sure, RaymondChandlereLives is not an accountant.

Let me guess, you believe they get their yachts for free as well. No, no, no, you probably believe the poor are forced to pay for them.

If you actually believe such fantasies, no wonder why you hate rich people.
Few, if any, of these moguls are reporting $25 million in income, much less paying it in taxes. Tim Cook's salary, for example, was under $5 million last year.

Also, your naiveté is amusing:

Private Jet as Security Write-Off? 10 Most Insane Tax Loopholes | Alternet

Quote:
CEO “private security.” A “common corporate tax trick,” according to the New York Times, is corporate boards paying for private jets and other perks for their CEOs under the guise of security. As Steven Davidoff reported, typically CEOs would have to pay taxes on these benefits, but if the benefit is classified as necessary for security purposes, “the chief executive will pay a reduced tax bill or
Quote:
Tax breaks for vacation homes and yachts.The mortgage interest deduction, which is supposed to boost homeownership, can be used on second homes, or even yachts, so long as they are large enough to accommodate a bathroom, along with a cooking and sleeping space. Limiting the deduction to primary residences would raise $1 billion per year in revenue.
<waits patiently for "dude, even the kid at McDonald's can use those loopholes!" reply>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies