Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 10:29 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,539,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Much better education, job skills training and and an enthusiastic willingness to be absorbed into the larger culture of our melting pot society, rather than to continue to voluntarily segregate themselves in their hearts and minds according to their skin color (with the strong encouragement of the Democrats of course).
The reveal here is the idea that black people segregate *themselves*. It's well known that black people are segregate out by the greater society, and that we have mostly been objecting to this quite loudly for centuries. IOW, you're talking a bunch of racist garbage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2015, 06:38 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,534,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Much better education, job skills training and and an enthusiastic willingness to be absorbed into the larger culture of our melting pot society, rather than to continue to voluntarily segregate themselves in their hearts and minds according to their skin color (with the strong encouragement of the Democrats of course).
Voluntary segregation is not the idea of black people. For 400-plus years, America told blacks they were different and inferior, told us we were not welcome in the same schools, neighborhoods, churches, families, businesses, workplaces, army, navy, marine corps and cemeteries as whites - and this was enforced violently and legally to the letter. So, for less than 50 years we suddenly have been told that the law has changed and we're no longer subject to Jim Crow in our daily lives. Anyone with a brain knows things don't change that quickly. So forgive me if some black folk don't trust the notion that we're all one big happy family all of a sudden. We've tried to be absorbed in the melting pot, and it doesn't want us. So to expect that suddenly to happen is insane, despite the continued overwhelming level of allegiance black people have shown to this society.

Old 02-01-2015, 07:04 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,533,525 times
They have been a democratic racial special interest for some time.

Old 02-01-2015, 07:06 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,931,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
White racists have been a racial special interest for the Republican Party since the Southern Strategy.

Old 02-01-2015, 07:23 PM

29,460 posts, read 16,321,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
White racists have been a racial special interest for the Republican Party since the Southern Strategy.
Both of you really need to stop.

Old 02-01-2015, 07:25 PM

267 posts, read 309,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Instead of being fearful, why not try and garner some of that Black vote? I mean, the more votes the better.

I found one thread talking about Blacks and their voting patterns, and it dates back to the very last days of the Bush Administration.

I think the correct approach is to go back to core conservative Republican ideals like less gov't, less taxes, less spending, less regulation and gov't reform, and then try to educate / convince all the American people that this is the best approach to resolving America's problems. Essentially, instead of going after groups, I say the GOP should go after everyone in different communities like Mitt Romney did his speech at the NAACP.

Old 02-01-2015, 07:41 PM

3,271 posts, read 2,172,719 times
I don't really have an issue with gay dudes that are not into getting into your business and trying to make you gay, but I got an issue against gay dudes that are out on the street trying to rape dudes.

I never thought about carrying a gun, but with dudes out there who rape dudes, now I might have to. I mean, sometimes you can fight someone off and sometimes you can't. Either way, the older you get the more likely an injury will stick with you and lower your quality of life, and sometimes to an excessive amount. If someone is trying to rape me though, what choice do I have?

That's the problem I got.

I mean, I'm not even down with people having weapons because I think it's a scared tactic for the most part, but at the same time I can understand. I do have an issue now though because when you got aggressive gay dudes running around on the streets trying to rape people now I might have to get a gun.

Now people are trying to take guns away while upping the amount of aggressive gay street dudes. How does that make sense?

I don't see why this issue isn't being addressed.

Old 02-02-2015, 07:17 AM

88,610 posts, read 44,314,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Voluntary segregation is not the idea of black people. For 400-plus years, America told blacks they were different and inferior, told us we were not welcome in the same schools, neighborhoods, churches, families, businesses, workplaces, army, navy, marine corps and cemeteries as whites - and this was enforced violently and legally to the letter. So, for less than 50 years we suddenly have been told that the law has changed and we're no longer subject to Jim Crow in our daily lives. Anyone with a brain knows things don't change that quickly. So forgive me if some black folk don't trust the notion that we're all one big happy family all of a sudden. We've tried to be absorbed in the melting pot, and it doesn't want us.
And as I've already mentioned in another thread, racial segregation is still most alive and well in blue states and cities.

A recent report from the UCLA Civil Rights Project names New York’s schools the most segregated in America. Other Democrat controlled states like Illinois, Michigan, Maryland, and New Jersey were cited just behind New York for maintaining the most segregated schools in the country. Imagine that...

The most segregated schools may not be in the states you’d expect - The Washington Post

So, why do Blacks vote for the political party that clearly doesn't want them around, and especially not in their kids' schools?

Old 02-02-2015, 08:10 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,534,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
And as I've already mentioned in another thread, racial segregation is still most alive and well in blue states and cities.

A recent report from the UCLA Civil Rights Project names New York’s schools the most segregated in America. Other Democrat controlled states like Illinois, Michigan, Maryland, and New Jersey were cited just behind New York for maintaining the most segregated schools in the country. Imagine that...

The most segregated schools may not be in the states you’d expect - The Washington Post

So, why do Blacks vote for the political party that clearly doesn't want them around, and especially not in their kids' schools?
Because if we voted for the other party, they wouldn't want us in any schools at all.

Old 02-02-2015, 09:36 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,452,922 times
Edit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies