Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2015, 06:59 PM

676 posts, read 989,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Maybe because it wins elections.
spot on

if the USA still had the same demographics as it did in 1940, 90% white

There would be no way in hell that the democrats would manage a victory
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2015, 07:00 PM

2,490 posts, read 2,545,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagittarius Sirius View Post
no Islamic extremists have nothing in common with Christians

china has not overtaken the USA in much of anything, the USA remains the only superpower in the world

does it matter if most of them are atheists ?
that's only because religion was discouraged and religious organizations were persecuted under the communist regime

i might add that their are over 100,000,000 Christians in china
Right...so Christians in this country don't think religion should play an instrumental part in government? So the bible doesn't give you a guide to live by? {sharia law for Muslims} So Christians don't consider homosexuality, adultery, etc a sin? Maybe you need to re-read your bible to see what's really in there, or are you another one of those 'pick and chose' Christians?

LMAO ok hahaha. I'll go ahead and let you believe your own 'facts'. You can go ahead and ignore where we stand in every single evaluation that's been performed, I just wont discuss this with you either.

Yes it kind of does matter what another, and arguably more powerful SUPERPOWER believes in. They understood why religion needed to be kept in it's place. Which I understand how ironic that sounds since I'm religious myself.

That's quite irrelevant. For one, that's less than a tenth of their population. Two, how are you going to claim a religion, but you can't even admit it publically.

Old 01-25-2015, 07:01 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,768,718 times
Quote:
i love these anti-Christian atheist liberals

i support homosexual marriage

where are the Christian holy wars and terrorists ?
Do the HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of civilians we killed in Iraq count? You know- the ones who lived in a country that never attacked us? That country where we never found any credible evidence that they had any plans or even the ability to attack us?

Or is it not terrorism when 'we' do it?

Old 01-25-2015, 07:02 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,281,720 times
Quote:
spot on

Yes, well we don't, so it's pointless mentioning it.

Old 01-25-2015, 07:02 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,527,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
If a Republican wants to win the Presidency ....

1. Don't alienate women. So no talk of rape being the woman's fault or similar nonsense and go easy on pro-life.

2. Keep religion out of the election.

3. Don't propose privatizing Social Security or reducing Medicare. That will lose the senior vote faster than ice melting in the Arizona sun.

4. Stay out of the electorate's bedroom. What we do there is none of your business.

5. It's the economy stupid. Focus on the economy, fiscal conservatism (not social conservatism)and how to improve the standard of living for ordinary people.

6. Figure out how to silence the RWNJs.
Totally agree.

I have nothing against religious people, and I don't mind if they talk about their faith. Just keep god out of our law. On abortion, I agree "go easy" is the correct term. Being pro-life is fine. Working within the law to effect pro-life positions is fine, as well, but stop calling the other side baby-killers. Stop demonizing doctors and women. Demonizing gays isn't going to win votes either. Gay rights issues are still in process, and it's not entirely clear what will be the outcome, but one thing's certain; they're not going back in the closet.

Nobody's going to improve the standard of living for ordinary people. The banks own both parties. Sad, but true.

Figure out how to silence the RWNJs
I wonder how many people realize that this can lose elections. In my state, in early 2010, Harry Reid was losing in the polls to Jiminy Cricket - by 20 points - but the Republicans nominated Sharron Angle. Outrageous ideas and statements never make for good campaigning.

Old 01-25-2015, 07:03 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,922,570 times
Quote:
spot on

But we are in 2015 and not in 1940. So if the GOP wants to win the Presidential election it needs to adapt. You have to win the center of American politics and the center cares about economic issues and not social ones.

Quote:
'honey'
i am not your 'honey'

so what exactly is your company ?

Romney didn't choose where he was born, he saw an opportunity and he took it, he created hundreds of jobs for the working class
Don't get sensitive now

It's a private company.

I see an opportunity to stab someone in the eye I don't like, doesn't make it the right thing to do, but I guess in corporate America there is no right or wrong just profit margins. He also destroyed thousands and shipped even more overseas. All hail corporatilism!

18,665 posts, read 19,970,287 times
Sagittarius Sirius
those liberals sure do love pushing diversity down our throats.........gee wonder why"

Only idiots lose over diversity again and again.

Dinosaurs could not learn to adapt. Will the GOP POTUS be the dinosaurs of 21st century America?

Old 01-25-2015, 07:05 PM

676 posts, read 989,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattee01 View Post
Right...so Christians in this country don't think religion should play an instrumental part in government? So the bible doesn't give you a guide to live by? {sharia law for Muslims} So Christians don't consider homosexuality, adultery, etc a sin? Maybe you need to re-read your bible to see what's really in there, or are you another one of those 'pick and chose' Christians?

LMAO ok hahaha. I'll go ahead and let you believe your own 'facts'. You can go ahead and ignore where we stand in every single evaluation that's been performed, I just wont discuss this with you either.

Yes it kind of does matter what another, and arguably more powerful SUPERPOWER believes in. They understood why religion needed to be kept in it's place. Which I understand how ironic that sounds since I'm religious myself.

That's quite irrelevant. For one, that's less than a tenth of their population. Two, how are you going to claim a religion, but you can't even admit it publically.

'arguably more powerful SUPERPOWER'

keep thinking that

china persecuted religious organizations, you have no freedom of speech in china, is that what you want for the USA ?

Parts of the bible are not meant to be interpreted and are not meant to be taken literally, you cannot compare the bible to sharia law

Christians do not consider homosexuality a sin

Old 01-25-2015, 07:05 PM

Quote:
spot on

If we invent time machines, you should probably be the first person to go back to then. I think that'd be mutually beneficial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies