Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 05:37 PM

1,790 posts, read 2,052,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagittarius Sirius View Post
lol i love liberals like you
How do you know I'm a liberal? I'm not even American. We have more than 2 parties, shocking, I know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
he only lost once, he was not the candidate in 2008

and he almost won in 2012
He ran twice & lost twice. Why would you want to vote for a loser?

676 posts, read 989,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
He has had his chance. Twice actually, once as the Republican nominee. Despite what the (constantly wrong) mass media is saying, he will not enter the race.

Mitt is not going to run. I voted for him in 2012. But seriously, enough is enough.
Like him or not, he is the only strong candidate we have

nobody wants a 3rd bush in the white house

1,386 posts, read 1,559,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
The GOP has little chance, as even if they gained 4 or 5% in Blue Wall states, NONE would flip. That wall alone makes the Dem nominee a virtual slam dunk.

Now if the GOP passes Immigration Reform with a pathway to citizenship, and abandons positions on settled law like Roe v Wade, that would perhaps be a game changer.
Considering people are split about 50/50 when it comes to abortion I highly doubt it would be a game changer at all. In fact Republicans would lose votes if they completely abandoned the pro life crowd.

Old 01-25-2015, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
How do you know I'm a liberal? I'm not even American.
because you said that a right winger would shoot the president, and you said a republican victory in 2016 was delusional

Old 01-25-2015, 05:41 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times
Quote:
Like him or not, he is the only strong candidate we have

nobody wants a 3rd bush in the white house
He is not strong enough. And we do not even know who the Republican candidates will be yet. I have a great deal of respect for Mitt Romney, but if he could not beat Barack Obama in 2008 after his first four disastrous years, then that is all we need to know.

Be patient, young Padwan. There will be several strong candidates that you will like this time. Mitt Romney will assume the roll of an elder statesman for the party, with all due respect.

Old 01-25-2015, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
He is not strong enough. And we do not even know who the Republican candidates will be yet. I have a great deal of respect for Mitt Romney, but if he could not beat Barack Obama in 2008 after his first four disastrous years, then that is all we need to know.

Be patient, young Padwan. There will be several strong candidates that you will like this time. Mitt Romney will assume the roll of an elder statesman for the party, with all due respect.
TBH i don't care who the candidate is, as long as he wins and he is a conservative republican with traditional views

Old 01-25-2015, 05:45 PM

2,238 posts, read 1,444,161 times
Quote:
The Republicans are most likely going to win in 2016, the recent gains they have had show that they have a hold over the democrats

who do you think they will elect for president ?

i think it will be Mitt Romney, with Marco Rubio as VP
Starting your post count a bit early huh ? btw good luck with rubio and romney doubt anything will happen.

Quote:
because you said that a right winger would shoot the president, and you said a republican victory in 2016 was delusional
From what i've been reading right wingers are the one's calling for the deaths of government officials. Just on this site alone I've read countless threads and posts talking about how they would shoot a government official if they tried to "take their guns" . And as far right now it's a bit too early to call it a republican victory don't you think ??

Old 01-25-2015, 05:47 PM

1,790 posts, read 2,052,144 times
Quote:
So that means I'm a liberal? I haven't voted for a Liberal my entire life. I just don't live in a fantasy world.

Republicans don't have enough time to get the minority vote as far as 2016 goes.

Old 01-25-2015, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
So that means I'm a liberal? I haven't voted for a Liberal my entire life. I just don't live in a fantasy world.

Republicans don't have enough time to get the minority vote as far as 2016 goes.
they wont gain the majority of the minority vote but they will gain enough, the white vote is still over 70% btw
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies