Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2015, 04:30 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,190,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoniOdin View Post
I will admit that this is really the one and only sane point that has been brought up by pro-choicers ever.
Not that I agree with it at all, but still: at least not totally incredible self-contradictory nonsense.
Why don't I agree with it? Since an unborn child definitely is an absolute outlier whose situation is very special: if you deny it to kind of restrict the mothers rights, then it will definitely and always die! Without exception.
Which is a different kind of situation then someone jumping a friend and sucking his blood against their will, as you can imagine.
So: if there is this situation of "rights vs. rights" the vote in my opinion should absolutely going to be for the right to life. It's the fundamental right on which all other rights are built upon.
People die every day because they need organs. Should we start mandating people give up their to keep others alive?

I as an American citizen have the right to my person, my body, and my privacy. I do not have the right to force another to sustain my life. IF the fetus is a "person" then it should have the same rights as I have, and that means it can not force another to sustain it's life either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2015, 04:31 PM

18,368 posts, read 18,999,714 times
Quote:

Since you said before it was okay to kill unborn beings since they're not humans, but developing humans: why wouldn't it be okay to kill babies?

kill babies? that is a loaded question. do we round them up at 2 months?

My point was: you were arguing that you're for some abortion rights because it's the law of the land.
If you reason is "because it's the law of the land", then why wouldn't you okay with restricting abortion more legally?

I am pro choice for a variety of reasons and support the law.

Children, especially younger ones, are pretty much dependent on their parents to survive.
Plus: What exactly is the moral difference between a (developing) person who is relying on another human being and one who isn't?
Why is it okay to kill one, but not to kill the other?

think about it.... you really can't be this dense. being dependent on a womb.

As you probably have missed until now: pro-life people like me argue the point that an unborn child isn't "my own body", it's the body of the unborn child.
Therefore your argumentative question is missing the point.

Yes, I'm very much afraid so.
it doesn't matter if the fetus is it's own person or not, it needs a womb to survive. a woman has a right to control her own reproductive organs anyway she sees fit.

Old 01-26-2015, 04:43 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 18 days ago)

27,622 posts, read 16,101,139 times
should men have the right to opt out? i think this should be seriously considered.

Old 01-26-2015, 04:50 PM

65 posts, read 52,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
People die every day because they need organs. Should we start mandating people give up their to keep others alive?
There's a difference between negative rights (like the Right to life) and positive rights.
It's not the same to kill somebody or to not help somebody survive.

Old 01-26-2015, 04:56 PM

Quote:
There's a difference between negative rights (like the Right to life) and positive rights.
It's not the same to kill somebody or to not help somebody survive.
No one is required to use their own body to keep anyone else alive.

I can evict someone from my home, why not from my body? In fact if someone enters my home without my permission, I can legally shoot and kill that person. Why can't I kill someone who enters my body without my permission?

Old 01-26-2015, 05:00 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,229,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
No one is required to use their own body to keep anyone else alive.

I can evict someone from my home, why not from my body? In fact if someone enters my home without my permission, I can legally shoot and kill that person. Why can't I kill someone who enters my body without my permission?
The difference would be that the baby entered your body through a cooperative act, obviously an act of rape being the exception.

Old 01-26-2015, 05:04 PM

65 posts, read 52,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
The difference would be that the baby entered your body through a cooperative act
This, plus: I called the case of an unborn child an "outlier". Why did I do that? Because, as opposed to any other even life threatening situation the child has aboslutely no choice at all.
Not just in a sense like "Oh the poor guy is only earning minimum wage, so he basically has no choice but stealing", but in the actual sense of the words "NO" and "AT ALL".

Old 01-26-2015, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
The difference would be that the baby entered your body through a cooperative act, obviously an act of rape being the exception.
Consent to sex is not consent to pregnancy.

Old 01-26-2015, 05:30 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,546,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
You're ignorance is showing. A photo is far more clear. Maybe you should do some real research. At 10 weeks, she looks like a real baby.

Did you maybe have a girlfriend that you insisted have an abortion? That might explain your brushing it off as "nothing." Liberal men hate to take responsibility for the children they produce.
Your first paragraph, have no idea what you're trying to say. Your second paragraph was pretty funny. No, I'm not a guy who forced a girlfriend to have an abortion. I'm a female who had an abortion years ago. I'm so glad I did. And that ranks above someone who is a man bleating in confused frustration because he can't control women. And because you'll never have any experience w/it, your blathering about it is irrelevant now.

Old 01-26-2015, 05:40 PM

30,421 posts, read 20,288,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Your first paragraph, have no idea what you're trying to say. Your second paragraph was pretty funny. No, I'm not a guy who forced a girlfriend to have an abortion. I'm a female who had an abortion years ago. I'm so glad I did. And that ranks above someone who is a man bleating in confused frustration because he can't control women. And because you'll never have any experience w/it, your blathering about it is irrelevant now.
So, you killed your child, and your proud.
Never would have guessed you were female.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies