Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2015, 06:20 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
Accidents do happen. But not as many as the rate of abortion in this country. I would prefer the ones who are careless with their own bodies to prevent becoming pregnant altogether as I did once I had the children I wanted. Preventing pregnancy isn't difficult. I boinked my way through most of my teens and managed it.
As do many others, but that is no reason to deny other women the right to choose what is right in her life at that time. I do not claim to know what is going on with her life, so it is not my place to tell her what to do with her medical choices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2015, 06:21 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
If there are so many people against abortion, why is there one single child available for adoption in the foster care system languishing in the system for years? Why does any single child age out of the system with no support system?

What do these thousands of people propose to do handle an influx of unwanted children without abortion when few of them seem to be doing anything about the children that most need help right this second?
The answer to your questions are simple--anti-choice people don't give a flying fig about the children who are already here. If they did, instead of trying to end abortion, they would be demonstrating against the terrible conditions that children mired in the foster care system have to endure and calling for something to be done to improve their sad lives. These are children who are already here and suffering, but you hear nary a word of protest about that from these good Christian anti-choicers. Apparently, they deserve their plight.

With their lack of concern for these unfortunate children they prove that their anti-choice position really has nothing to do with children. It has everything to do with controlling women.

Last edited by HeyJude514; 01-26-2015 at 06:36 PM..

Old 01-26-2015, 06:27 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
it doesn't matter if the fetus is it's own person or not, it needs a womb to survive. a woman has a right to control her own reproductive organs anyway she sees fit.
Then she should have controlled them before the fact.

Old 01-26-2015, 06:50 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
As do many others, but that is no reason to deny other women the right to choose what is right in her life at that time. I do not claim to know what is going on with her life, so it is not my place to tell her what to do with her medical choices.
Abortion isn't a right like free speech is a right. I don't know why people refer to it as a right. It's more like a court-created murder defense.

Old 01-26-2015, 06:58 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
Abortion is a surgical technique that allows women to control their own bodies. IMHO a free individual has the right to control their own body before any other freedom is considered.

Abortion is not murder but can be considered a sanctioned killing. Lots of killings are sanctioned by society. The most important is self defense. Abortion can be considered a subset of self defense and justified on that criteria alone.

Old 01-26-2015, 07:00 PM

65 posts, read 52,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
To take a page from Conservatives: why are you focused on those lives when there are 13 y/o's dying from cancer. Don't their lives matter too...?
Killing someone vs. not helping somebody. Was already mentioned.

Old 01-26-2015, 07:02 PM

65 posts, read 52,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Abortion is a surgical technique that allows women to control their own bodies. IMHO a free individual has the right to control their own body before any other freedom is considered.

Abortion is not murder but can be considered a sanctioned killing. Lots of killings are sanctioned by society. The most important is self defense. Abortion can be considered a subset of self defense and justified on that criteria alone.
Except that unborn children have NO choice at all, meaning they have NO responsibility at all.
Which is different from other "self-defense" situations.

Old 01-26-2015, 07:03 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Abortion isn't a right like free speech is a right. I don't know why people refer to it as a right. It's more like a court-created murder defense.
There is a right to privacy in medical decisions. There is also a right to bodily autonomy.

Old 01-26-2015, 07:07 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoniOdin View Post
Except that unborn children have NO choice at all, meaning they have NO responsibility at all.
Which is different from other "self-defense" situations.
Shrug. Well we'll see what your reaction would be if you were forced by the government to have a hysterectomy.

Old 01-26-2015, 07:10 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Then she should have controlled them before the fact.
let me just repost my answer up thread since

lots of women are responsible and take care of BC. BC can and does fail, women can use it wrong or forget a day. should women have to have an unwanted pregnancy even when they were trying not to conceive? a great deal of young people don't plan on having sex and one day they get carried away. I don't know about you but I don't want a 14 year old having a baby, even if she said yes one night to her boyfriend. some women are victims of incest and rape, do these women have a problem because they didn't protect themselves? one size does not fit all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies