Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2015, 06:50 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,499,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veneficus View Post
I have such mixed feelings on abortion...on one hand it's obviously murder, and there is no mental gymnastics one can do to avoid that.

On the other hand, people that would murder their own child are going to make for horrific parents anyway, and the state is overburdened as it is in regards to welfare and such. I am also aware there isn't nearly enough would-be adoptive parents out there.

Tough one.
There sure is more than enough people who want babies. That is why they have to go to other countries or hire surrogates to have babies for them. Abortions kill babies so talking about older kids in foster homes is not part of this debate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2015, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
There can be no healthy debate on this subject because there is no middle ground with the anti abortion crowd. It's end abortions or nothing else.

Pro abortion sites don't cherry pick quotes out of context to bolster their points. You get the same reality with Creationists arguing against evolution. We have animosity on the subject because we are tried of anti abortion activists trying to force people to conform to their archaic belief set. If you don't want an abortion, don't have one, it's as simple as that.
You are absolutely right on this. Fact is, more and more people are becoming pro-life all the time. Not as many girls and women in the future are going to get abortions but pro-life people still need to get the word out there that there is help for them besides abortion.

Old 02-04-2015, 07:00 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,035,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Well now you have just proven you are completely out of it so why are you debating anything when you are so uninformed?
Jesus who?.....as in why would I care about what some man, who may or may not have existed thousands of years ago, thought?

Your folklore/fables/myths mean nothing to me.

I would hardly call believing in folklore "informed".

Old 02-04-2015, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Says the woman who believes a fetus is capable of pain at 12 weeks but birth is some sensually miraculous moment in which no discomfort is around.
I never said birth was pain free.

Old 02-04-2015, 07:02 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,361,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawgfan View Post
But, what you fail to see is that they DID take responsibility for their actions. They just did not do so in a way you agree with.

Roe vs. Wade - 1973!

And just how many crack and meth addicted premature babies did you adopt?
Rhetorical, need not respond.

What abortion does is force someone to take responsibility for someone else`s irresponsible behavior.

Long waiting lists to adopt newborns.

Women don`t get abortions because they don`t want the responsibility of r=caring for a child.

They get abortions because they don`t want to be pregnant.

If you don`t want to be pregnant, don`t copulate, or at least use contraceptives.

Old 02-04-2015, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Jesus who?.....as in why would I care about what some man, who may or may not have existed thousands of years ago, thought?

Your folklore/fables/myths mean nothing to me.

I would hardly call believing in folklore "informed".
You might want to know that a lot of atheists are against abortion. But this does help one know where you are coming from when it comes to protecting life at all stages.

Old 02-04-2015, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Sorry but not bringing an unwanted child into the world is taking responsibility.

Yes, the resemblance is uncanny.

Lots of nice families are on adoption waiting lists.

Old 02-04-2015, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Mmmm, yes, that explains why there are so many languishing in foster care.

Has what to do with the newborns families compete with one another to adopt?

My sister interviewed multiple couples before deciding which one she would give her son to.

Old 02-04-2015, 07:12 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,035,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
There sure is more than enough people who want babies. That is why they have to go to other countries or hire surrogates to have babies for them. Abortions kill babies so talking about older kids in foster homes is not part of this debate.
Ahhh, that's right, women must be forced to provide product to the adoption industry, since babies are in high demand. Never mind what will happen to the overflow once the initial demand is satiated.....just collateral damage of the pro-life movement.

Oh wait! The overflow would provide product to revive the orphanage industry, more jobs and money to be had, so it's all good. YAY!

Old 02-04-2015, 07:14 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,154,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbenator View Post

Don't bastardize our Constitution. It guarantees the right to LIFE.
Want to show us where? The U.S. Constitution does not provide nor does it guarantee an unconditional right to life. The words about life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness are in the Declaration of Independence.... not the Constitution.

If you think the Constitution guarantees us the right to life I suggest you write a strongly-worded letter of protest and mail copies to the governors of the states that have capital punishment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies