Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2015, 06:44 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,045,216 times

Advertisements

I heard that extraordinary security was in place but I also think that Pakistan would not stop to attack his party with the amount of madness and venom those "nice" people have. I think back to whatever his name was holed up a few blocks from the Pack military academy all the time while they were denying knowing his whereabouts.

I just think it's a scary reality to have him over there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2015, 06:47 AM

45,137 posts, read 26,325,093 times
Safety isnt the issue, Its that its a complete waste of taxpayer money for him to go.

Old 01-26-2015, 07:57 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,471,413 times
Default Just something to think about...

For public consumption, US - Pakistan relations always seem to be shaky, at best. We see reports on the news occasionally of violent anti-US protests in Pakistan's cities, which give us the impression that America is definitely not considered a friend.

But look at a map of the area. We've been engaged in an active war in Afghanistan for a dozen years. How do we get access to that landlocked nation? Does Iran allow us to fly through their airspace?

Seems that many of the high ranking terrorists we've been able to get were in Pakistan, too. In the bin Laden raid, our guys went in and spent what, something like 45 minutes in the compound? Helicopter crash, automatic weapons fire, explosions, it was a very noisy affair. And there was a sizable Pakistani military installation only a mile away. Yet, they did nothing to intervene. Just a good break? Lucky?

I think our official relations with Pakistan are much better than the superficial "for public consumption" reports would indicate. Maybe this gives terrorists the impression that Pakistan is a safe haven, also.

Very convenient.

Old 01-26-2015, 08:06 AM

6,105 posts, read 5,977,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
I heard that extraordinary security was in place but I also think that Pakistan would not stop to attack his party with the amount of madness and venom those "nice" people have. I think back to whatever his name was holed up a few blocks from the Pack military academy all the time while they were denying knowing his whereabouts.

Given that in the last 60 years Mohandas K. Gandhi, and Two Indian Prime Ministers also named Gandhi have died at the hands of assassins. Indian politics can be just as dangerous as American!

Old 01-26-2015, 04:58 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,642,013 times
Referring to Pakistan,
Bottom line, is that we treat any country that has an arsenal of nuclear weapons and the means to deliver those weapons anywhere on the planet, with kid gloves. Even if they do pee on our leg and tell us it's raining, now and then.

Old 01-26-2015, 05:02 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,875,847 times
Why is he even there, to hand them more of our jobs? I don't trust that area and there are many terrorists in Pakistan. Not many in India likely but even not a safe area.

Old 01-26-2015, 05:22 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,471,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Why is he even there, to hand them more of our jobs? I don't trust that area and there are many terrorists in Pakistan. Not many in India likely but even not a safe area.

India is a natural ally for the US. It has the world's largest English-speaking population, it's the world's largest democracy, and it's definitely on our side vs the terrorists.

Old 01-26-2015, 07:04 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,963,956 times
Maybe, India will keep him!

Old 01-26-2015, 07:19 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,767,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post

It isn't like he ordered drone strikes within the Pakistan border... which have murdered nearly 5000 innocents.

What would Mexico do if we did the same thing to their citizens attempting to take out the drug lords?

He's done as much to damage relations with Pakistan as any President.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb at sea View Post
Maybe, India will keep him!
Wishful thinking never solved anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Safety isnt the issue, Its that its a complete waste of taxpayer money for him to go.
I wonder what he'll do with his miles when he retires... oh wait, it's our credit card he's using. NM

Last edited by steven_h; 01-26-2015 at 07:28 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies