Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are American men becoming feminized?
Yes, men are. 181 44.80%
No, They are not. 70 17.33%
American women are becoming more masculine 53 13.12%
Men and women are just closer to equality 101 25.00%
This is a society trend or fad that will fade 35 8.66%
Other 17 4.21%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 404. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 02:27 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,172,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
Where did this come from??? Relax Ms. Alpha woman. You're the one who brought up the male beating a female.

BTW, what if it was the female beating the male? Let me guess, he deserved it, right?
Alpha woman? threatened much?

A woman who beats a man deserves the same punishment as a man beating a woman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2008, 02:35 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,099,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acupunk View Post
Alpha woman? threatened much?

A woman who beats a man deserves the same punishment as a man beating a woman.

Threatened? Hardly. I know your type. The "I am woman, hear my roar" type, wearing your woman-hood on your sleeve and go through great pains to say how women and men are equals in everything yet will probably vote for Hillary just because "it's important to finally have a female President". Makes me laugh actually because I have seen co-workers and subordinates with this trait and most of them fail miserably at climbing the ladder because they alienate everyone they're around.

You'll pardon me for not believing that you really think a woman who beats a man deserves the same punishment as a man beating a woman.

Old 02-29-2008, 02:37 PM

5,161 posts, read 11,405,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
Personally, I rather enjoy the idea of my husband "taking care of me". Buying me flowers, pulling my chair out...he still opens the car door for me.

I'm not sure when women were considered second-class citizens. Look at poetry throughout the millenia to see how revered and loved women have been by the male gender. It has been since feminism that women are highly regarded as sex-objects, a "prize" to be won then discarded the next day.

"Not getting paid for the same work" is a myth that has been dispelled several times in this very thread.

It was the feminists that made divorce so easy for scumbag men to dump their faithful wives for a younger trophy wife...not men. Also the feminists to blame for women living in poverty in old age; many of them actually want to stop homemakers from receiving their husband's social security benefits after their husbands die. Talk about no recognition for raising a family.

The idea of "independent" and "taking care of myself" is a ridiculous and selfish notion. Single mothers who realize how difficult it is to take care of children on their own.

Women are more often guilty of emotional and verbal abuse to their husbands...but some do throw things and beat their husbands as well.

Not all too long ago women were considered second class citizens. They were not allowed to vote OR own property. I suggest you do some research. And by the way, not ALL women have children, so they are not single mothers. Imagine, some women have no desire to have children!

Old 02-29-2008, 02:41 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,172,626 times
Quote:
Threatened? Hardly. I know your type. The "I am woman, hear my roar" type, wearing your woman-hood on your sleeve and go through great pains to say how women and men are equals in everything yet will probably vote for Hillary just because "it's important to finally have a female President". Makes me laugh actually because I have seen co-workers and subordinates with this trait and most of them fail miserably at climbing the ladder because they alienate everyone they're around.

You'll pardon me for not believing that you really think a woman who beats a man deserves the same punishment as a man beating a woman.
I will not pardon you. You do not know me.

Old 02-29-2008, 02:44 PM

In the US, women are six times more likely to experience spousal abuse than men. In the US 22% of all women have admitted to have been physically assaulted by their partners. I guess they all bring it on themselves..., maybe we should have a pity party for the abusers.

Some of the people on this thread might find themselves more at home a couple of centuries ago. Judging from the posts, they'd fit right in.

Old 02-29-2008, 02:47 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,127,873 times
Let's get the personal discussions out of this thread. I don't want to shut it down and hand out infractions, so knock off personal comments and observations.

Old 02-29-2008, 02:50 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,099,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
In the US, women are six times more likely to experience spousal abuse than men. In the US 22% of all women have admitted to have been physically assaulted by their partners. I guess they all bring it on themselves..., maybe we should have a pity party for the abusers.

Some of the people on this thread might find themselves more at home a couple of centuries ago. Judging from the posts, they'd fit right in.

No doubt about those stats. Spousal abuse isn't prosecuted enough IMO. A woman who is being abused by their significant other and kills their abusor should get a reward instead of any jail time.

That being said, the uber-feminists on this thread immediately turned the topic about the feminization of men (which IS happening) into a "men beat women" thread. I'm not so sure if feminization is a good or bad thing, but apparently some women on this board are very defensive about it.

Old 02-29-2008, 02:53 PM

4,180 posts, read 14,552,292 times
The idea of feminizing a man or a masculine woman is a myth. Let's just grow up and accept people for who they are. We all have both traits--always have and always will.

Old 02-29-2008, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonjj View Post
The idea of feminizing a man or a masculine woman is a myth. Let's just grow up and accept people for who they are. We all have both traits--always have and always will.

That's my opinion on it also...
In different cultures the views of what is feminine or masculine is quite different. I'd say to each their own, as long as they are not hurting anyone.

Old 02-29-2008, 03:03 PM

Quote:
No doubt about those stats. Spousal abuse isn't prosecuted enough IMO. A woman who is being abused by their significant other and kills their abusor should get a reward instead of any jail time.

That being said, the uber-feminists on this thread immediately turned the topic about the feminization of men (which IS happening) into a "men beat women" thread. I'm not so sure if feminization is a good or bad thing, but apparently some women on this board are very defensive about it.
Abusing your partner is wrong and should not be tolerated, male or female. I believe the whole "men beat women" thing started because of a comment that women's movement is responsible for domestic violence. Those that abuse their partners are responsible for domestic violence and it is much more often done by men, than women. To blame women for it, is a bit ridiculous IMO. Sounds like the old the rape victim is to blame, because she wore a short skirt excuse.
I am more inclined to believe that the added stress of today's life, especially financial stress, is adding to the problem of domestic violence. But in any case, the only one I blame is the one that is the abuser. He or she has a choice, they can get out of the relationship or get help from a professional.
Bottom line is that people need to take some responsibility for their actions, instead of blaming someone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies