Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are American men becoming feminized?
Yes, men are. 181 44.80%
No, They are not. 70 17.33%
American women are becoming more masculine 53 13.12%
Men and women are just closer to equality 101 25.00%
This is a society trend or fad that will fade 35 8.66%
Other 17 4.21%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 404. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 05:10 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,319,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Wow. That's a slap in the whatever. I'm cool with the rest of your post, but I can't tie my sweater around my neck? Jeez, I've been doing that since 196---well, for a long time! What am I supposed to do? Carry it in one hand? What if I need both hands to gently but firmly hold a woman while dancing?

I can help you out here. Get a Levi jacket.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2009, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Boys are not be "feminized". they are being raised to fit into today's sit at your desk all day and use your mind not your body.

All children are being lobotimized, not just boys. I am a female who would have been drugged for being to rambunctious(raised pre ritalin). I was suspended for kicking a boy who dared pull my hair, the boy wasn't. and the idea that everyone is a winner and deserves the same trophy is stupid to this very competitive female who enjoyed sports all her life and worked hard to get good along with my teammates. All children are taught to fit into a mold rather than be their true selves. Am I a "masculine" female? NO! I am just myself, I thrive in competition but I can also be sweet to a child, just like men can show different sides to themselves. I find this "feminization" argument ridiculous.
That is funny. When I was 7 and lived in a small cow town, I gave a kid a bloody nose and was sent to the principal's office. I was called The Town Terror. When I was in 7th grade someone told a guy to go kiss me, and I don't know what happened, but I grabbed his left arm as he was coming at me and he landed on his back.

Old 03-04-2009, 05:57 AM

362 posts, read 773,200 times
It's only because broads and gays started to get into the schools and teaching our young boys to treat women with respect and accept homosexuality as the norm. the feminist movement, just like the gay movement, have an agenda and are teaching our children to accept the notion that women are more powerful. The same thing happens with Gay councelors who encourage our "curious" children to act out their gay feelings.

Old 03-04-2009, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
Why do we have to be a certain way just because of our gender? I think it has more to do with our personalities. Some boys like to play with dolls and learn to knit etc., others would rather do "macho" things, like play cowboys or sports. Some girls like to play with dolls and some would rather play with cars. Why can't we just leave each person be as they want to be? Why do we have to fit into molds - and who says what these molds are supposed to look like?
Hmm. I see why I turned out the way I did. When I was 5 years old I played with dolls since they were given to me. When I was older I played with cars in the dirt. I would make my own roads and plant beans for my miniature farm. I used to like to work in the garden, and I was 10 by then. I also had my own kitchen in the yard, and dirt clods were my potatoes. Opium poppies were salt and pepper shakers, and then I played cowboys and Indians. never liked sports. I never wanted to have children and never had any. I was always a tomgirl, climbing trees, going to the river or hiking in the mountains alone with my dog. When I grew up I prefered to have women friends that were also tomboys and not wusses. I still play in the dirt, but it is called gardening. I married a macho man because most men were too feminine to me. Wonder why? But I have always loved to care for my home, decorate, clean, etc.

But, yes, we should not have to fit into molds.

Old 03-04-2009, 06:06 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,613,550 times
I think individuals are being allowed to develop their own distinctive personalities with less molding into preset male and female molds. I think this is better for the individuals and for the society.

Old 03-04-2009, 07:13 AM

37,758 posts, read 40,857,426 times
I just want to add to my post from months back. Bill Ayers, the unrepentant bomber/terrorist, has been all over TV in the last few months. Does this man not look like Mrs Garrison from South Park? I thought, if they ever do a South Park movie with live people instead of cartoons, there's Mr Garrison when he was going through his Mrs Garrison phase. I couldn't hear what he was saying. I was just looking at the hair and two earrings wondering where was Mr Hat.

Old 03-04-2009, 07:27 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,126,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPC2000 View Post
It's only because broads and gays started to get into the schools and teaching our young boys to treat women with respect and accept homosexuality as the norm. the feminist movement, just like the gay movement, have an agenda and are teaching our children to accept the notion that women are more powerful. The same thing happens with Gay councelors who encourage our "curious" children to act out their gay feelings.
This screams ignorance more than anything I've read here. It's all a PLOT by people you don't like (or know) to do bad things. They even have an agenda that fits nicely in with your fears and dislikes. Funny how your reality kind of curves around your belief system, erroneous as it is. (I'm assuming you were serious, sorry if my sarcasm detector is broken).

Old 03-04-2009, 08:11 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,613,550 times
MPC2000 was being serious. Ignorant and serious.

Old 04-06-2009, 05:25 PM

1 posts, read 1,195 times
Default tassles = gonads

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I don't watch a lot of broadcast television so my knowledge of Howie Mandel comes from the days when he was a young comedian. I saw him in an ad yesterday and I thought --- TWO EARRINGS? You girlyman!

I do think men are becoming more feminine and fussy. I hate it . And it all went to hell when they started wearing an earring, smelling like a hooker, having their nails buffed and spraying their hair. I don't remember what period that was because I'm older than dirt, but they should mark it in the history books as the decline of civilization.

I remember being appalled that OJ Simpson wore wore girly shoes like I expected the heinous crime he did but was shocked about the expensive sissy shoes he wore. That goes for you too, George Clooney, serial womanizer, sissy shoe wearer.

Men, kill the tassels on the slip on shoes. A man bag is still a pocketbook. Getting your hair cut in a hair salon is bad enough but if the "stylist" reaches for the hairspray, you need to put your foot down. You can call it what you want but that stinky man stuff is still perfume. Shiny colorful itsy bitsy underwear is revolting as is an over obsession about how you look in the mirror. A bracelet is a bracelet even if you put it on a hairy wrist. Nail polish is nail polish even if it's clear and you're an aggressive stock trader with a firm handshake.

And since I'm on my soapbox, I would like to say something about the "heroes" Hollywood is foisting on us these days. Stop picking your leading men from prep school yearbooks! We're not buying the Jude Laws, Tobey McGuires, Orlando Blooms, Matt Damons, Ashton Kutchers, Matthew Brodericks, Topher Graces, Jake Gyllenhaals, Ewan McGregors, etc., in manly man leading roles. You can put Orlando Bloom on a horse or put Jude Law in an aircraft and they still look like guys who wore short pants to school a few years back . (This is not to say any of the aforementioned are bad actors, just miscast in manly leading man roles.) Hollywood, can you not find a leading man who looks like a blue-collar type instead of some rich kid wuss. I don't care if they are gay or straight in real life, it's not a sexual orientation issue but an image issue - just stop with the wussies as leading men.

And since this is a political forum, there are three male candidates (2 Dems, 1 Republican) who I think still tie their sweaters around their neck and I don't want them as Commander In Chief. So, there!
In sexual language, tassles on men's shoes represent gonads, as the shoe opening represents the vagina. Please do not cut them off!!!!

Old 04-06-2009, 07:34 PM

355 posts, read 446,441 times
The term for a feminized male is effeminate, and a man that is effeminate is not a real man. The Bible speaks against effeminate males, especially when they have intimate relations with other members of the same sex.

There are some men that really need to man up and stop succumbimg to the absurd modern-day politically-correct ideals that it's okay to be feminized. It goes against the holy scriptures and it goes against nature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies