Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are American men becoming feminized?
Yes, men are. 181 44.80%
No, They are not. 70 17.33%
American women are becoming more masculine 53 13.12%
Men and women are just closer to equality 101 25.00%
This is a society trend or fad that will fade 35 8.66%
Other 17 4.21%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 404. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 08:24 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,725,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzles View Post
Doomed is those who are blind to some basic truths.

1) I said "Masculine" and "Feminine". Not "Men" and "Women". Women who have a more masculine slant also are very effective and competant. Reading Comprehension anyone?

2) As far as the arugment about Logical vs Rash Emotionalism, I think your micro-tantrum did the arguing for me.

3) If men being effemante is sooooo grand, why do women still idolize macho men as partners and sex symbols? I have never known a football jock who had trouble getting dates, can't say the same for art majors....
shizz are you realizing that the very definitions of masculine and feminine are twisted to represent a value judgement? That's the truth of our culture. That ugly truth is represented when people cuss at one another referencing genitals (both parties). See? Or do you just want to sell people your ideas instead of have dialog?

I don't idolize macho men. A HUGE brain is sooo damned sexy IMO.
http://ajp.psychiatryonline.org/cgi/...full/166/3/377
How much is really all in your head?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2009, 08:39 PM

3,210 posts, read 4,591,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Yes, reading comprehension on your part is lacking.

Your argument depends on out-dated, ill-conceived, and sexist(the exact same thing as racist) definitions of "feminine" and "masculine".

Why do you insist qualities like "effective" and "competent " are masculine?

There is no scientific proof of that...nor any other proof. Being effective and competent , or not, are HUMAN traits.

Ya, football players are good for a quick and easy lay...but get serious about them ???
But to imply that Art Majors never have sex or get married is totally , and obviously,ignorant.

My personal experience has been that men tend to be more mentally logcial and put-together than women. That's not necessarily the same as "intelligent" nor is it saying women are stupid, just that they seem to get to point A to point B faster while women meander and consult more....

As for art majors, I didn't say they never got married or had sex, but not with the ease of those who are involved in more masculine activites.

Old 04-07-2009, 08:57 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,061,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzles View Post
My personal experience has been that men tend to be more mentally logcial and put-together than women. That's not necessarily the same as "intelligent" nor is it saying women are stupid, just that they seem to get to point A to point B faster while women meander and consult more....

As for art majors, I didn't say they never got married or had sex, but not with the ease of those who are involved in more masculine activites.
Your "personal" experience does not include ALL women plus your pre-conceived ideas about women mar your judgement.

Let's do a quickie or two:
..."men tend to be more mentally logical"...

is that why when a woman dumps a man he goes on a rampage and shoots her and her family and even his own children?

I am lucky enough to know several very logical women...sorry you don't (or don't notice)...change your friends or locale????

""they seem to get to point A to point B faster while women meander and consult more....""

OR one could look at it as men bulldoze ahead without thinking and women think things through?

Old 04-07-2009, 09:39 PM

541 posts, read 981,096 times
men are more femenized or whatever you want to say in this day and age,regardless. Trying to get more and more every year.When i started in the trades years ago,it was a drag out slobberknocker of aggressive behavior,before during and after work.This new generation is a bunch of panty-waist whiner's,can't cut it,go on home to momma,aggression is in our nature,you try to take that out,your gonna have problems

Old 04-07-2009, 09:42 PM

Mi Irish men who are successful channel that energy into productive use. Knuckle draggers do not.

Old 04-07-2009, 09:58 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,663,383 times
A balancing thread would be the "masculization" of women. For example, many feel that women in power - at least in companies - behave in a more "masculine" way. Or, no show of tears when running for office etc.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:06 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,061,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
A balancing thread would be the "masculization" of women. For example, many feel that women in power - at least in companies - behave in a more "masculine" way. Or, no show of tears when running for office etc.

It ALL depends on the silly definitions of what is "masculine" and what is "feminine"..if you stereotype sexes that will be ALL you see.

People have HUMAN traits....

Old 04-07-2009, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/2636/supermom
She's butch? Seems to me some powerful emotions were involved, so maybe it takes more than brawn to succeed.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:35 PM

355 posts, read 445,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Americanboy View Post
Pre marital sex, gluttony, lust, greed, envy also go againt the scriptures and I'm sure you have no problem with any of them. Why?

Typical ignorant Christian. And I am a Christian myself.
When or where did I write that I have no problem with pre-marital sex, gluttony, lust, greed, or envy? They are all sins, and I do not condone any of them.

Pot calling kettle black on the ignorant name-calling.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:38 PM

2,266 posts, read 2,278,414 times
So what?

You all act like this is a bad thing...maybe it's just a part of human evolution?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies