Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are American men becoming feminized?
Yes, men are. 181 44.80%
No, They are not. 70 17.33%
American women are becoming more masculine 53 13.12%
Men and women are just closer to equality 101 25.00%
This is a society trend or fad that will fade 35 8.66%
Other 17 4.21%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 404. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 07:11 AM

1,517 posts, read 2,314,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Real men should help around the house. Real women do not want their man doing housework.

Men should do manly things. It's just what we do.
Is it not manly to clean up after yourself? If you eat, you should either fix the meal or do the dishes...or both. Who defines what is manly anyway? Some of the best chefs in the world are men. Why is it ok for a woman to work, do the housework, take care of the children, and try to keep her marriage fresh, while her husband works and comes home to sit in his chair? Does that sound fair to you? A manly and sexy man is one who helps his wife in all aspects of the marriage, so that they can spend more time together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2010, 07:21 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,098,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikMartinsen View Post
Men will always become feminine to the degree that they are taken care of by a nanny welfare government. It stifles typical masculine traits such as self-reliance, independence, ambition and productivity.
A VERY small crippling world one must live in to not know any self-reliant, independent, ambitious, productive women..... I am so happy to know many!!!

"""self-reliance, independence, ambition and productivity."" ....HUMAN traits...

Old 05-02-2010, 07:27 AM

323 posts, read 501,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
A VERY small crippling world one must live in to not know any self-reliant, independent, ambitious, productive women..... I am so happy to know many!!!

"""self-reliance, independence, ambition and productivity."" ....HUMAN traits...
Fortunately I know many such women. As I said though, such traits are generally considered masculine. It's the stereotypical view. As an example, by this very popular personality test.

Old 05-02-2010, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Men will always become feminine to the degree that they are taken care of by a nanny welfare government. It stifles typical masculine traits such as self-reliance, independence, ambition and productivity.
Quote:
Fortunately I know many such women. As I said though, such traits are generally considered masculine. It's the stereotypical view. As an example, by this very popular personality test.
A backwards ignorant stereotypical view which obviously you prefer to encourage/promote even though you CLAIM you know women who possess these traits..which your first post above proves....IF you did know women like that WHY did you post what you did?

Old 05-02-2010, 07:56 AM

Quote:
A backwards ignorant stereotypical view which obviously you prefer to encourage/promote even though you CLAIM you know women who possess these traits..which your first post above proves....IF you did know women like that WHY did you post what you did?

Come to think of it I did a mistake — it's not fair to say that productivity is a masculine trait. To clarify, I'd say that rationality, independence and self-reliance are the stereotypical masculine traits, while the stereotypical woman is nurturing, dependent and emotional.

The three masculine traits I listed are most strongly evident in people with the INTJ personality type, which is the least common one to women. It's unfortunate, as those are the ones I'm attracted to the most. There's nothing like a coldly rational ice queen businesswoman.

Old 05-02-2010, 08:25 AM

Quote:

Come to think of it I did a mistake — it's not fair to say that productivity is a masculine trait. To clarify, I'd say that rationality, independence and self-reliance are the stereotypical masculine traits, while the stereotypical woman is nurturing, dependent and emotional.

The three masculine traits I listed are most strongly evident in people with the INTJ personality type, which is the least common one to women. It's unfortunate, as those are the ones I'm attracted to the most. There's nothing like a
coldly rational ice queen businesswoman.
A VERY small crippling world one must live in to not know any self-reliant, independent, rational women..... I am so happy to know many!!!
And it's a shame that to be considered "masculine" men have to ignore their children...wouldn't want them to be all "nurturing, and emotionally dependent on their own children....

AND as far as "emotional" goes...read the paper, listen to the news....almost everyday you can hear about some MAN whose wife/girlfriend gave him the boot and/or got a restraining order and he, this unemotional independent rational MALE, kills her/her family/his kids/himself.....

As for your little personality trait thingy...since most people are as sexist as you are those things are always skewed and inaccurate....I prefer the proof of my own experience.....

Old 05-02-2010, 08:34 AM

Quote:
A VERY small crippling world one must live in to not know any self-reliant, independent, rational women..... I am so happy to know many!!!
As I said, fortunately I do as well.

Quote:
And it's a shame that to be considered "masculine" men have to ignore their children...wouldn't want them to be all "nurturing, and emotionally dependent on their own children....
Ignore ones own children? Hell no. Being masculine doesn't mean to ignore one's own children, where on earth did you get that from?

Children need masculine fathers as role models. They don't need two mothers.

Quote:
AND as far as "emotional" goes...read the paper, listen to the news....almost everyday you can hear about some MAN whose wife/girlfriend gave him the boot and/or got a restraining order and he, this unemotional independent rational MALE, kills her/her family/his kids/himself.....
True enough. Still, the stereotype is that women are more emotional than men. Are you questioning this stereotype?

Quote:
As for your little personality trait thingy...since most people are as sexist as you are those things are always skewed and inaccurate....I prefer the proof of my own experience.....
How am I sexist for stating what a stereotype is? It's not as though I created it. In fact I said that I prefer the type of women who display the stereotypically masculine traits of independence and self-reliance. You simply aren't making any sense here.

Old 05-02-2010, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Quote:
As I said, fortunately I do as well.

Ignore ones own children? Hell no. Being masculine doesn't mean to ignore one's own children, where on earth did you get that from?

Children need masculine fathers as role models. They don't need two mothers.

True enough. Still, the stereotype is that women are more emotional than men. Are you questioning this stereotype?

How am I sexist for stating what a stereotype is? It's not as though I created it. In fact I said that I prefer the type of women who display the stereotypically masculine traits of independence and self-reliance. You simply aren't making any sense here.
I'm not making sense???....please re-read YOUR post above on the subject...here it is again:

"""Men will always become feminine to the degree that they are taken care of by a nanny welfare government. It stifles typical masculine traits such as self-reliance, independence, ambition and productivity."""

No mention of "stereotype" just an excellent example of sexist stereotyping ....and then you went on to promote it...

And another point...IF men are self-reliant, independent, ambitious and productive then WHY would the "nanny state" have any affect on them????

Old 05-02-2010, 11:10 AM

18,138 posts, read 15,550,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I think that is true, perhaps a backswing from slander aimed at women when that was acceptable?

I will say I am tired of seeing the depiction of "dumb ol' dad" in every family movie or sitcom. It's just not necessary, and I think it is damaging.
Quite! You have no idea how much I despise characters like Homer Simpson, and shows like The Simpsons, Family Guy etc.

Old 05-02-2010, 11:12 AM

25,903 posts, read 24,626,954 times
Some people here have odd ideas of what men should do and be like. Why would it be more natural for men to eat bugs?! And a president who is more like the dictators mentioned?!

I guess the proper word would be civilization instead of feminization... There is no objective standard defining how men should think, act etc. Gender evolves and changes with society and challenges.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies