Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are American men becoming feminized?
Yes, men are. 181 44.80%
No, They are not. 70 17.33%
American women are becoming more masculine 53 13.12%
Men and women are just closer to equality 101 25.00%
This is a society trend or fad that will fade 35 8.66%
Other 17 4.21%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 404. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 02:27 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,555,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Typical American women. Their top goal is to destroy the masculinity of men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2010, 03:45 PM

412 posts, read 404,844 times
It's not that men are becoming 'feminine' it's just that the standards for what constitutes masculinity have changed.

Old 05-31-2010, 03:55 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,538,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
The may not have been waxed, but definitely well shaved, trimmed, and groomed. I'm betting there is some hair products on them as well. They don't look like they just rolled out of bed looking that way, there was effort involved in their looks, which some here equate with being gay. All I said was women (the ones I know, anyway)prefer groomed men, masculine men can be well groomed.

Again.......you make it sound like been masculine means being slob! What is you your problem?

Roundtree, Connery and Selleck, took showers put on some Brute and combed their hair! And I'm sure the brotha had some Afro Sheen! Guys use stuff!! Ok??

But he ain't wearing no eye liner and eye brow pencil either.
It's gotten to be ridiculous today!

Old 05-31-2010, 04:06 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,131,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Part of being a boy is learning to be strong. Boys play rough sports and love the thrill of victory. Along the way we would hope that they learn to be a good sport and have some compassion for the ones that lost. These are lessons for adult life. Those who work hard and prepare the best stand the best chance for success.
Enter the new age thinking.
We won't keep score. Everyone is a winner. Everyone gets a trophy and they are all the same.
Lesson learned? We are all entitled.
You should not feeling guilty for hurting the other guy's feelings, simply for being better at something.

It also does not teach children that being a part of a team, where everyone pulls together and does their best is rewarded, because w/o winners you do not need to play fair, get along, or strive to achieve something together, because everyone gets a prize no matter how selfish, lazy they are.

Old 05-31-2010, 04:14 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,131,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Strait men buy whatever WOMEN like, in general women prefer a well groomed man. We don't like out of shape, hairy, smelly guys with holes in their stained t-shirts, gross.
Then why is it that the really nice guys I have known had a hard time getting women? These were the guys I'd trust to go out with my sister, and they were routinely either turned down, or crapped on when they did find a girl.

Then I knew guys that I would not let talk to my sister, guys who used women, the fast and furious, atypical macho types; they had more women then you could shake a stick at.

Edit: No pun intended

Old 05-31-2010, 05:32 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,300,646 times
I think some dudes are confusing feminine qualities with actually giving a **** about other people.

Old 06-01-2010, 12:04 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,195,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Again.......you make it sound like been masculine means being slob! What is you your problem?

Roundtree, Connery and Selleck, took showers put on some Brute and combed their hair! And I'm sure the brotha had some Afro Sheen! Guys use stuff!! Ok??

But he ain't wearing no eye liner and eye brow pencil either.
It's gotten to be ridiculous today!
You are the one defining masculine, not me. All I said in my original post was women like men who are groomed, I never said anything about masculinity or that masculine men were dirty.

Old 06-01-2010, 12:07 PM

1,179 posts, read 974,960 times
Silly poll. Define feminine, define masculine. Answers will vary.

Old 06-12-2010, 09:49 AM

420 posts, read 1,236,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yikesamillion View Post
The term for a feminized male is effeminate, and a man that is effeminate is not a real man. The Bible speaks against effeminate males, especially when they have intimate relations with other members of the same sex.

There are some men that really need to man up and stop succumbimg to the absurd modern-day politically-correct ideals that it's okay to be feminized. It goes against the holy scriptures and it goes against nature.

Amen, I agree 120%!!!

Old 12-13-2010, 01:16 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,049,130 times
The physical feminization of men is the logical extension of a culture which has systematically demonized masculinity.

One of the cornerstones of radical feminism is the notion that gender distinction is not a naturally occurring concept, but rather, one which was created by males for the purpose of exerting dominance over females. Thus, in radical feminist philosophy; girls play with dolls not because of a female tendency towards nurturing, but because a patriarchal culture has pointed them in that direction. Conversely, boys play "war games" because they are acculturated to do so, not because they have a naturally-occurring level of physical aggression.

The message we're expected to take from this is that we are all born without gender distinction. Therefore, as a culture, we need only to imbue our children with positive (feminine) traits while teaching them the evil of traditionally masculine characteristics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies