Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 03:34 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
That's just the new way of blaming the victim and sympathizing with terrorists. If you prevent muslims from imposing the sharia, demeaning women, gays, Christians and others then you "marginalize" them and give them an excuse to commit terror acts.
There is a huge gap in between a complete take over of the justice system and telling people what they can wear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2015, 12:27 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,286,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Last weekend we were shopping in a high end mall in Florida and we saw a woman in a Burka with a backpack in the mall wearing sneakers and she was pushing a stroller. Nothing wrong with that you may think but almost all attacks in Europe have been committed by either men or women wearing this type of outfit.

Another woman was walking in similar clothes but she had her face shown although the rest was hidden by a scarf and long coat as we seen a lot in Europe.

Having lived in Europe for decades and knowing what has been going on the rise of radicalism from people who can't assimilate and want to live their live like they are in their own country and don't seem to respect the western culture is scary to us.

Last month we were at A high end store in Tampa and we saw something similar. Even some of the employees were shocked to see someone like that and we know some European employees working there who rather don't speak about it but they stated they feel it is getting to the point as it is in Europe and Americans are ignorant about the dangers of this rise.

Don't get me wrong I don't have anything against any religion but I feel people should assimilate to other cultures and if you don't do that you should not be able to attend a mall just like hoodies shouldn't be worn in a mall. In the same mall we had a huge scare less than a month ago where 3 black male with hoodies and a sledgehammer stole in the middle of the day for 3 million in watches at Mayors jewelers who is located in the middle of the mall. Shoppers at the mall ought gun shots were fired but it was the sledgehammer making the sound.

If you won't show your face or we can't see what is hidden under long wide coats and only eyes are shown than we either should have security checks like airports since it is not something 99% of the other customers are wearing in such environment and France and Belgium have their reason to prohibit this type of dressing.
Yes. People who scare you shouldn't be allowed to go to malls. There should be laws against people who do things like wear clothing that makes you scared.

Old 01-30-2015, 12:31 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,507,739 times
Quote:
Private malls and btw government buildings have rights too to protect themselves and their clients/employees.

If this way of dressing is used to hide items that can be used to harm others than it should be banned.

Stupid saggy pants look stupid and probably overtime cause bodily injuries due to the weird way of these guys walking to keep them up and if you do that day in and out I assume they get some kind of hip issues or other issues since they walk very weird, but that is not harming others. Some stores don't allow them in and have notes on the doors but I have to say that is see less of these saggy pants so it may not be as much of a fashion anymore as it used to be.

I don't see any discrimination to ban a Burka since it is not saying they can't have their religion and they wont be denied for being Muslims.

Again I have nothing against Muslims or any religion but I'm against radical Islam that is calling for attacks and it has been proven that these types of clothing is used for attacks against the public.
Right now ISIS demands the release of a woman who was wearing the long coat to hide explosives as you can see in images on TV. She planned to kill citizens. That is my point. I hope that we all can live and walk free without fear and right now with the call for attacks this is one of the things they can easily hide their weapons and have proven to use it for. Sadly for others who don't have bad intentions but that should be amongst themselves to call for this not to happen and there are only a few of the same religion who speak out against it and I applaud them for doing so.
Are you sure you want to stick with this line or do you want me to give you a chance to change your mind?

Old 01-30-2015, 12:32 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,286,027 times
Quote:
If this way of dressing is used to hide items that can be used to harm others than it should be banned.
Yes. Also, people should be forced to run around naked where concealed carry is allowed. For exactly the same reason. They wear clothing CAN be used to hide items that CAN be used to harm others. Therefore their clothing should be banned.

Old 01-30-2015, 12:35 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
Yes. Also, people should be forced to run around naked where concealed carry is allowed. For exactly the same reason. They wear clothing CAN be used to hide items that CAN be used to harm others. Therefore their clothing should be banned.
Might that lead to an alternative description for " packing" ?

Old 01-30-2015, 12:35 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,507,739 times
I wonder why laws didn't stop these guys? everything they did was illegal.... but they still committed the crimes... hmmmm.

Old 01-30-2015, 02:01 PM

3,569 posts, read 2,522,244 times
Quote:
Last weekend we were shopping in a high end mall in Florida and we saw a woman in a Burka with a backpack in the mall wearing sneakers and she was pushing a stroller. Nothing wrong with that you may think but almost all attacks in Europe have been committed by either men or women wearing this type of outfit.

Another woman was walking in similar clothes but she had her face shown although the rest was hidden by a scarf and long coat as we seen a lot in Europe.

Having lived in Europe for decades and knowing what has been going on the rise of radicalism from people who can't assimilate and want to live their live like they are in their own country and don't seem to respect the western culture is scary to us.

Last month we were at A high end store in Tampa and we saw something similar. Even some of the employees were shocked to see someone like that and we know some European employees working there who rather don't speak about it but they stated they feel it is getting to the point as it is in Europe and Americans are ignorant about the dangers of this rise.

Don't get me wrong I don't have anything against any religion but I feel people should assimilate to other cultures and if you don't do that you should not be able to attend a mall just like hoodies shouldn't be worn in a mall. In the same mall we had a huge scare less than a month ago where 3 black male with hoodies and a sledgehammer stole in the middle of the day for 3 million in watches at Mayors jewelers who is located in the middle of the mall. Shoppers at the mall ought gun shots were fired but it was the sledgehammer making the sound.

If you won't show your face or we can't see what is hidden under long wide coats and only eyes are shown than we either should have security checks like airports since it is not something 99% of the other customers are wearing in such environment and France and Belgium have their reason to prohibit this type of dressing.
Yeah, people who wear clothes you don't are terrifying.

We should ban hoodies because these guys who committed a crime wore them once.

Same with the "burka."

Thank God for the 1st Amendment.

Quote:
This would be a great law. Although I generally support the idea that people should wear what they want, the double point of the burka is to degrade women and, to a lesser degree, to act as a disguise for terrorists. There is no constitutional issue here.
Sure there is. Free speech and free exercise of religion. It's as open and shut as they come. Europeans make laws that our 1st Amendment would not allow.

And it is clear that you do not support the idea that people should wear what they want. smh

Quote:
Private malls and btw government buildings have rights too to protect themselves and their clients/employees.

I don't see any discrimination to ban a Burka since it is not saying they can't have their religion and they wont be denied for being Muslims.

Again I have nothing against Muslims or any religion but I'm against radical Islam that is calling for attacks and it has been proven that these types of clothing is used for attacks against the public.
Right now ISIS demands the release of a woman who was wearing the long coat to hide explosives as you can see in images on TV. She planned to kill citizens. That is my point. I hope that we all can live and walk free without fear and right now with the call for attacks this is one of the things they can easily hide their weapons and have proven to use it for. Sadly for others who don't have bad intentions but that should be amongst themselves to call for this not to happen and there are only a few of the same religion who speak out against it and I applaud them for doing so.
In the United States, government buildings would not get away with this kind of rule. I do not expect that private malls would either (under fed & state anti-discrimination laws, not the 1st Amendment).

Any way of dressing can be used to hide things. Any piece of clothing can do that. A tiny fraction of people who wear any type of clothing actually does use it to hide things. So what?

Using the hijab, headscarf, niqab, or other form of dress as an excuse to engage in religious discrimination is just that--an excuse for religious discrimination.

Your argument is fundamentally anti-American.

A mall can always have a metal detector & x-ray machine at the door, if they have real reason for security concern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
yep, that pesky first amendment can be a real kill joy when it comes to laws against religion, cant it?
And leave it to C-D anti-Muslim posters to give us an American Taliban reading of the 1st Amendment.

Old 01-30-2015, 03:09 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,896,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
And leave it to C-D anti-Muslim posters to give us an American Taliban reading of the 1st Amendment.
Just make sure no Christian baker refuses to bake a cake.

Old 01-30-2015, 08:40 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,596,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
Yeah, people who wear clothes you don't are terrifying.

We should ban hoodies because these guys who committed a crime wore them once.

Same with the "burka."

Thank God for the 1st Amendment.

Sure there is. Free speech and free exercise of religion. It's as open and shut as they come. Europeans make laws that our 1st Amendment would not allow.

And it is clear that you do not support the idea that people should wear what they want. smh

In the United States, government buildings would not get away with this kind of rule. I do not expect that private malls would either (under fed & state anti-discrimination laws, not the 1st Amendment).

Any way of dressing can be used to hide things. Any piece of clothing can do that. A tiny fraction of people who wear any type of clothing actually does use it to hide things. So what?

Using the hijab, headscarf, niqab, or other form of dress as an excuse to engage in religious discrimination is just that--an excuse for religious discrimination.

Your argument is fundamentally anti-American.

A mall can always have a metal detector & x-ray machine at the door, if they have real reason for security concern.

Shake your head all you want but one can generally support people wearing what they want without supporting terrorists. There is no constitutional issue with banning masks in a mall - no one is allowed to wear one. I can't walk into a bank with body armor and an Uzi under the protection of the 2nd amendment. There is also no free speech issue here. Hell, kids don't even have the free speech right to wear a shirt with the American flag displayed, so there is no way you get away with running around dressed like a terrorist.

Old 01-31-2015, 01:07 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Shake your head all you want but one can generally support people wearing what they want without supporting terrorists. There is no constitutional issue with banning masks in a mall - no one is allowed to wear one. I can't walk into a bank with body armor and an Uzi under the protection of the 2nd amendment. There is also no free speech issue here. Hell, kids don't even have the free speech right to wear a shirt with the American flag displayed, so there is no way you get away with running around dressed like a terrorist.

Timothy McVeigh wore blue jeans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies