Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 04:03 PM

58,448 posts, read 26,773,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
That is exactly what the principal has suggested to me she was doing, too.
So, what is the principal's solution?

Old 01-28-2015, 04:07 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,333,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Sounds like your daughter hands out with a real "classy" group of people. No wonder she has little respect for people of authority when she has little respect for herself.

Well the verdict is in. I had no say. She is no longer employed by the school district.

It is what it is.
tell me, would you let her walk, or make her pay dearly for damaging my daughters property?

Old 01-28-2015, 04:10 PM

50,060 posts, read 46,579,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Sounds like your daughter hands out with a real "classy" group of people. No wonder she has little respect for people of authority when she has little respect for herself.
Please, these are teens in the year 2015.

Old 01-28-2015, 04:11 PM

24,834 posts, read 37,200,559 times
Quote:
Well the verdict is in. I had no say. She is no longer employed by the school district.

It is what it is.
tell me, would you let her walk, or make her pay dearly for damaging my daughters property?
You have to make her pay.

Let your daughter see how the system works.

Old 01-28-2015, 04:13 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,637,612 times
Quote:
These kids(now young adults with some being adults at 18) all have gone to school with each other going on 12 years now. They jack with each other all the time. I have no idea if this is just the young culture, they know each other that well and love each other to death, or what, but it is what it is.
You go on facebook with these kids and they are all friends calling each other some racist crap, in a friendly conversation.
Hey, niga, what are you all going to do tonight? Want to go over to such & such.
Or hey Mezgin, (same message)
My daughters name at school is hey white bi*ch, she is cool with it and everyone is on the same page and no friction happens. It is what it is and society goes on.
My daughters best friend that is a year older and lives just a few houses down is black, great kid and I have heard them talking on the phone and her say it and I cringed. I questioned her and she said it is all good, her and Lexy are tight.

I keep a good eye on my daughter posts on all social media and none of that is on her account, she also knows the college recruiters are watching.
Wow....just WOW! I cannot imagine what other debased behavior that is going on with these kids that you are not privy to. And these kids will be our future leaders?

Here is the thing. What would happen if this country changed the driving rules so that everyone whose last name begins with a letter from A - M drive to the right side of the road and everyone who names begin with N - Z drive to the left side of the road. Obviously there would be all sorts of collisions. The same holds true with racist comments. Blacks and whites affectionately calling each other racially charged names is dangerous because not everyone of a particular race drives to that side of the road. Hence, when you are on the same road driving, with such a person....there is going to be a problem. They are heading toward each other going the opposite direction driving one driving to their right while the other person is driving to their left. "BAM"! Its best that everyone is on the same page in regards to which side of the road to drive. Obviously in this school people are being taught to drive to the left while the country traditionally drives to the right.....and you think that this is ok

Yeah....black people call each other the N word, supposedly affectionately, but we are also killing each other at a rate far greater than any other race in this nation. We call each other that because basically we do not respect ourselves, which is evidenced by the way we kill each other. I can guarantee you that the homicide rate is much higher for blacks that regularly use the N word than than it is for those who do not regularly use it. We use it because we do not respect ourselves and so anyone else who uses it because we use it.....does not respect us either. Some of us DO respect ourselves and history and we are the ones, like the teacher, that these kids are going to have collisions with.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 01-28-2015 at 04:22 PM..

Old 01-28-2015, 04:14 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,333,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
You said your daughter is white, I thought you were NA or part.

When the Spaniards hit the shores of Florida/Georgia in the 1500's, they wrote that some of the natives were very light skinned, and had blonde and red hair some with blue and green eyes. The Cherokee Nation.

Last edited by BentBow; 01-28-2015 at 04:35 PM..

Old 01-28-2015, 04:14 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,484,508 times
Quote:
With my daughter in HS, as an 11th grader a recent event came up.
The HS she goes to is very diversified. These kids have been together for 11 years. A new teacher comes in and tries to change the way these kids interact with each other.

All these kids pretty much know who they are and they are all proud of who they are and where they come from. They revolt against the PC crap.

This new teacher right out of college and young, is flipping out that these kids can laugh at themselves and at who they are, when the others tease.

She has caused a big beef about it, because the kids have given her a funny nickname, she thinks is racist.
Remember, she is about the same age as the kids in the class. Miss Jackson, isn't working for these kids.
They call her sista Claira. Instead of wearing it like a badge of honor, she has taken it to a whole new level for these kids.

Now, all these kids are from all aspects of life and race. They are all comfortable who they are.

Because of this teacher being raised to be a victim of who she is, she cannot fathom that the other kids that get along so well, can be so racist to each other and still have each others back.

This all festered to the point, this teacher damaged my daughters property over it, not thinking or really knowing the value of the property she damaged and said some choice words(in class with a whole class full of witnesses). My daughter flipped out on her, cussed her up one side and down the other. My daughter is one of only 2 white girls in the class. This new teacher is black. There are kids of all colors in the class all on the same page, and the teacher messing with the flow and how these kids get along. She wants to split them into sects and create a war between the kids. White kids target #1.

My daughter has been a leader of her class for a long time. Good kid and makes excellent grades.
Word spreading fast, this teacher acting the way she did towards my daughter, has caused all the kids to revolt against the teacher. Even other teachers.

Today I have a choice of throwing the book at this lady, writing her up and getting HR involved, or educating her on how people of all colors get along in life. She may or may not show up, thinking she is going to get canned(we don't have teacher unions here)

I'm leaning towards the educating her route. Punishment of a harsh nature is just going to cause more resentment from the teacher.

Would you throw the book at her, or want to educate her, that she does not have to be a victim of who she is in life? Everyone will love her for who she is, not who she isn't.
A. what did the teacher do to your daughters "property" exactly? B. you're proud of your daughter cussing at a teacher? Nice role model, real nice.

Old 01-28-2015, 04:15 PM

12,933 posts, read 9,543,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
OP made it very clear,

"The HS she goes to is very diversified. These kids have been together for 11 years. A new teacher comes in and tries to change the way these kids interact with each other.

All these kids pretty much know who they are and they are all proud of who they are and where they come from. They revolt against the PC crap."

There are racists in this world, no doubt about it. But let's Please refrain from calling people "racist" when they don't deserve this title. Be a little responsible here.
Thank you, plus none of us were there and not even the op. Two sides to every story you know, can't always take your kids word as the gospel truth.

Old 01-28-2015, 04:15 PM

58,448 posts, read 26,773,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
I would agree, I just reviewed a lot of BentBow posts on this. . no explanation of how property got stolen, or what.

My version of this story is -

Daughter is calling our new teacher all kinds of racist names, etc (Sista Clairce or whatever) along with her friends. The teacher has the gaul. to call this "leader of the KKK" out on it.

So there is a confrontation. The daughter tries to fight/wrestle with the teacher as she is getting tossed out of the class/to the principal office. This results in her dropping the family heirloom last valued by the OP at 680. .but cost just 25 bucks at the local 7-11 on any valentines day.

The OP is called and after arguing/yelling/ about entitled black people and the principal, being an all around *****, starts saying whatever he can to get BentBow out of the office.

Right now they are helping assure the teacher that all white folks aren't that crazy. no that 25 piece of crap isn't worth 650. . .and maybe they will move this girl to another class.

All feedback from BentBow to thhe teacher will be ignored, and the teacher will go home and tell her husband "you won't believe what this cracker trailer park family thought/did today"
Being from Chicago I am not surprised you would have such a vivid imaination.

Just because this is the way things are in Chicago, doesn't mean it is the same all over the country.

Old 01-28-2015, 04:17 PM

46,001 posts, read 34,994,303 times
Quote:

It is what it is.
Why am I not surprised, it is easier for schools to appease the parents rather than rely on the parents to properly discipline their children. It was your daughter's fault her property was damaged because he took it upon herself to act disrespectful to the teacher.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies