Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 02:10 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,640,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Sorry, I disagree. THEY entered the country ILLEGALLY, therefore they are CRIMINALS!
That's all, the end, period!
Oh, yes, we all break a law now and then, so we are ALL criminals, so don't even bother to go there!
Anytime and every time one of THOSE criminals is apprehended, he or she should be put on the first bus back to where they came from!
My ancestors came to this continent long before there WERE any immigration laws, so don't bother to go THERE, either!
I have heard all the excuses, and I don't agree that ANY of them apply!
Misdemeanor criminals at that, worthy of a citation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2015, 02:13 PM

37,768 posts, read 40,902,683 times
She also said she'd work with Congress more than Eric Holder. It would be kind of hard not to.

Old 01-29-2015, 02:36 PM

57,057 posts, read 26,024,198 times
That was a fair and intelligent question, one of the few but she never really provided a direct answer. She seems very capable, well spoken and has a great resume as a prosecutor. Quite a step up but I understand this will drag on until March.

Some really weird questions, Lindsay Graham on Polygamy and Senator Cornyn asking her if she was Eric Holder. They trotted out some people out of left field for todays hearing including Sharyl Attkisson looks like they are really going to miss Eric Holder

Old 01-29-2015, 03:31 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,536,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"But then, she didn't really answer the question, she just nibbled around the edges of it a little bit."

You must have watched a different video then I did.

To paraphrase she said EVERYONE here has a right to a job no matter HOW they got here. If someone is here NO matter of their status has a right to a job.
Here we go again. There are laws on the subject. She, and this administration, seems to think that if they disagree with the laws, just ignore them and do what you wish. Don't try to change or amend the laws you swore to uphold, just do as you wish.

Same old song by the politicians, same old BS.

Old 01-29-2015, 03:38 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,536,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Misdemeanor criminals at that, worthy of a citation.
So it is alright to break the law just a little bit, at least until you are caught.

Is that what you are promoting, more lawlessness for personal entitlement?

Old 01-29-2015, 03:52 PM

1,603 posts, read 1,110,364 times
Legally present or not, they still have rights.

Quote:
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
Things like the right to a trial and such are as much theirs as yours or mine.

Old 01-29-2015, 03:53 PM

9,134 posts, read 5,783,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
if a law is unjust, or you think unfair, what is your obligation to follow it?

my problem is that these illegals shouldn't really be "illegal" 90% of the time. its the laws that are broke for how people want to work. . not the people.

Do you think it's up to the Attorney General to decide which laws she/he deems "unfair?"
They take an oath to uphold all laws.

Old 01-29-2015, 03:57 PM

17,379 posts, read 9,207,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
That was a fair and intelligent question, one of the few but she never really provided a direct answer. She seems very capable, well spoken and has a great resume as a prosecutor. Quite a step up but I understand this will drag on until March.

Some really weird questions, Lindsay Graham on Polygamy and Senator Cornyn asking her if she was Eric Holder. They trotted out some people out of left field for todays hearing including Sharyl Attkisson looks like they are really going to miss Eric Holder
This is exactly what's wrong with these hearings -- stupid questions instead of insisting on real answers to serious questions. It's all a Dog and Pony show. They know the nominee is going to sit in the hearing and avoid answers OR even LIE to them and they refuse to do anything about that.

We are in serious need of a LAW that lays down specifics on the Penalties of Perjury to a Congressional Hearing. Those Penalties and Charges should be clearly explained before every Testimony and the person testifying should have to acknowledge that they fully understand the Penalty for LIES -- shouldn't be a problem, they are mostly Lawyers and always bring their own Lawyers to the hearings with them.

IF these people knew they would be criminally charged for Perjury, it would fix a lot of problems.

Old 01-29-2015, 04:07 PM

57,057 posts, read 26,024,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
This is exactly what's wrong with these hearings -- stupid questions instead of insisting on real answers to serious questions. It's all a Dog and Pony show. They know the nominee is going to sit in the hearing and avoid answers OR even LIE to them and they refuse to do anything about that.

We are in serious need of a LAW that lays down specifics on the Penalties of Perjury to a Congressional Hearing. Those Penalties and Charges should be clearly explained before every Testimony and the person testifying should have to acknowledge that they fully understand the Penalty for LIES -- shouldn't be a problem, they are mostly Lawyers and always bring their own Lawyers to the hearings with them.

IF these people knew they would be criminally charged for Perjury, it would fix a lot of problems.
They should have a judge preside over the hearings and interrupt when they go off topic, listening to some of these question on both sides I start to wonder if this is the confirmation hearing for Lynch.

Old 01-29-2015, 04:08 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,249,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Sorry, I disagree. THEY entered the country ILLEGALLY, therefore they are CRIMINALS!
That's all, the end, period!
Oh, yes, we all break a law now and then, so we are ALL criminals, so don't even bother to go there!
Anytime and every time one of THOSE criminals is apprehended, he or she should be put on the first bus back to where they came from!
My ancestors came to this continent long before there WERE any immigration laws, so don't bother to go THERE, either!
I have heard all the excuses, and I don't agree that ANY of them apply!
There have been immigration laws since the British ruled over the colonies, so try again .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies