Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 12:48 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,221,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Technically, I agree with White House on this label. They use terror tactics, but are really insurgents in Afghanistan.
White House labeled them a terrorist group
White House: Yes, The Taliban Is a Terrorist Organization - ABC News

Old 01-29-2015, 12:51 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
If you think we are on the same level as the Taliban then why stay American and use the marine
I don't consider the Taliban to be a terrorist organization, so i'm not saying that we're on the same level.

I'm simply saying that Americans have a government that acts or has acted like a buncha thugs all over the world in actions that could easily be considered terrorism.

Old 01-29-2015, 12:54 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,661,538 times
Quote:
We know they are training to attack us , you know at some point we will have to stop them . Would you rather that fight take place before or after they attack us.
Who is the "WE" who know they are going to attack us? Could you provide me with a link or organization that shows they are planning an attack on the US? There has never been any attack on US interests by the Taliban, outside of Afghanistan, nor has there ever been a plot uncovered to do so in the 12 years we've been killing them.

Old 01-29-2015, 12:55 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Quote:
Taliban approved the training grounds for 911

We gave them some good payback.

Old 01-29-2015, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
LOL...if the Taliban is a terrorist group, what does that make us?

What would you call the invasion of Iraq? What would you call overthrowing governments? What would you call installing puppet dictators and training their secret police? What would you call arming and training right wing thugs in Central American civil wars that then turn those weapons and that training on their own citizens?

Lot of you should look in the mirror before throwing the T-word around so whimsically.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Who is the "WE" who know they are going to attack us? Could you provide me with a link or organization that shows they are planning an attack on the US? There has never been any attack on US interests by the Taliban, outside of Afghanistan, nor has there ever been a plot uncovered to do so in the 12 years we've been killing them.
What do you think they are training to do?
Taliban gave cover for training grounds to attack us.

Old 01-29-2015, 01:14 PM

Quote:
What do you think they are training to do?
Taliban gave cover for training grounds to attack us.
13 years ago before 9/11. We all acknowledge that fact. What about now? What plots have been uncovered. I asked for links from you to define the "WE" in "We all know they are planning attacks against the US." You respond with the OBL training camp we destroyed right after 9/11.
Once again who are the "WE" and where are the links to such claims.
I'll go out on a limb and say even right wing biased news links would be acceptable.
Your whole argument is they are planning attacks on the US or US instillation outside their country. Well how about giving us something.........anything?

Old 01-29-2015, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
13 years ago before 9/11. We all acknowledge that fact. What about now? What plots have been uncovered. I asked for links from you to define the "WE" in "We all know they are planning attacks against the US." You respond with the OBL training camp we destroyed right after 9/11.
Once again who are the "WE" and where are the links to such claims.
I'll go out on a limb and say even right wing biased news links would be acceptable.
Your whole argument is they are planning attacks on the US or US instillation outside their country. Well how about ging us something.........anything?
I do not have clearance to get top security in formation so let's ask ourselves
Isisi could take over the world would they?
Do you think they make terrorists training grounds to not attack the west?
Do you think the Taliban would not make plans to attack the west?

Old 01-29-2015, 01:35 PM

Quote:
I do not have clearance to get top security in formation so let's ask ourselves
Isisi could take over the world would they?
Do you think they make terrorists training grounds to not attack the west?
Do you think the Taliban would not make plans to attack the west?
This is getting tiresome. Instead of any validation to your declarations, you just ask suppossitory questions.

The fact that not one plot has been uncovered in 13 years by any intelligence agency that the Taliban are planning an attack on any government outside of Afghanistan or Pakistan is enough for me. Also, the US State Department does not list the Taliban a terrorist organization under the Dept. of States FTO list. (Foreign Terrorist Organization). This has been so since 2002 when Bush was president. He didn't even declare them a terrorist organization.

If you can provide anything of substance to verify your claim, I and others will be very glad to listen with an open mind.

Old 01-29-2015, 01:54 PM

15,632 posts, read 10,388,492 times
Quote:
You know why the White House is backtracking? Obama obviously doesn't want history to reflect he negotiated with terrorists for Bergdahl's release, especially for this alleged deserter.

History books and scholars won't be kind to this president no matter what shenanigans he pulls to re-write history.

Old 01-29-2015, 02:08 PM

Quote:
the Taliban was added to the list of Specially Designated Global Terrorists (SDGT) by executive order in July 2002,

The reason this was done so that the international banking community could freeze their world wide assets prior to the US invading. It was an executive order signed by Bush, prior to the invasion.

It should be noted that Bush did not designate the Taliban as a Foreign Terrorist Organization in accordance to the WTO. It has remained so to this day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies