Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 01:58 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,545,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Yes, I'm sure that this guy has a racist hatred of himself, his mother, his children, etc. But what proof do you have to back this up?
I didn't say I had proof in this case - You claimed it "doesn't wash", meaning that it's impossible. I pointed out that it's certainly possible to especially dislike members of your own race.

ETA: And especially easy to get into your head if you police a mostly white, wealthy college, surrounded by a mostly poor, black town, as Yale is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2015, 02:03 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
Technically -

The issue . . .with cops isn't the color of the cops. Evidence does suggest that all cops, regardless of their skin color, make these decisions with bias.

that strip club shooting in NJ (unarmed bachelor party) was initiated by a black cop.

so - the hypothesis noted here - is flawed

can black cops be influenced by racial bias against their own race

- the answer is yes.
Thank you.

Old 01-30-2015, 05:37 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
You think there are no statistics of police murders?

But with that attitude, you can go Google them yourself.
So, in other words, you have no facts to back up your lies. You seem to have missed (I assume) a job opportunity to be a professional dancer, the way you dance around facts and live on assumptions.

Old 01-30-2015, 05:40 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,291,120 times
Excuse me young sir. You fit the description of a reported armed robber. Can I trouble you for a minute to clear this up.

Ha Larry Ous.

Old 01-31-2015, 03:45 AM

Here's what's funny:

The conservatives here are saying "Haha! The cop was black! There's no racism!" So, what, Blow could have just stuck his hands in his jacket, made quick moves, or whatever, and he'd be fine? We all know that's not true.

I'm the one saying "Uh, the cop shouldn't have pointed a gun regardless of Blow's race, I'm glad Blow acted right, this shouldn't happen to *anyone*."

But somehow, people like Arjay want to claim that *I'm* the racist.

You've obviously got it backwards.

Last edited by Hadoken; 01-31-2015 at 04:04 AM..

Old 01-31-2015, 07:07 AM

Oh, and by the way:

Nothing was debunked here. This is a complete waste of time. Personally, I have the time to waste, but you... well, it depends on you...

Old 01-31-2015, 07:30 AM

1,603 posts, read 1,113,526 times
Quote:
I'm the one saying "Uh, the cop shouldn't have pointed a gun regardless of Blow's race, I'm glad Blow acted right, this shouldn't happen to *anyone*."
If I found out a cop pulled a gun on an unarmed love one, finding out we're all the same race isn't going to make me any less pissed off about it.

Old 01-31-2015, 07:31 AM

32,025 posts, read 36,788,671 times
I don't get it. Why does the cop being black make it better for Blow or his kid?

Old 01-31-2015, 09:43 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times
Quote:
Here's what's funny:

The conservatives here are saying "Haha! The cop was black! There's no racism!" So, what, Blow could have just stuck his hands in his jacket, made quick moves, or whatever, and he'd be fine? We all know that's not true.

But somehow, people like Arjay want to claim that *I'm* the racist.

You've obviously got it backwards.
No, your postings, before you try to spin them, prove that you are a racist. In addition you have provided ample truth that you hate police and any action that they take, but especially white cops.

BTW, you are one of the few that think that Blow "acted right". Were you there to witness the actual event or are you just blowing more smoke on things you actually know nothing about?

A typical liberal hate monger.

Old 01-31-2015, 12:15 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,994,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
I don't get it. Why does the cop being black make it better for Blow or his kid?
LOL suddenly race doesn't matter to liberals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies