Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 11:15 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Whether you consider yourself one or not is irrelevant. Your denial may allow you to sleep better at night and live a functional life but kid yourself not just about every American has committed a crime at some time in their adult life, misdemeanor or felony, knowingly.

Are you a habitual criminal? Doubtful but only you know the answer to that.
And your problem is that you don't know if President Clinton's behavior was criminal. He may be an adulterer who has lied about his sexual relations. That puts him in company with many, many, many, many, many American men. But it doesn't make him a criminal.

And the speeding allusion was poor. Because if every one of us who has ever speeded is a criminal, that means that most Americans who have ever driven are criminals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2015, 11:16 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
feels good to know Dershowitz is humiliated.
Clinton ? well, he's beyond shame.
Dershowitz LOVES Clinton.

Old 01-30-2015, 12:00 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
And your problem is that you don't know if President Clinton's behavior was criminal. He may be an adulterer who has lied about his sexual relations. That puts him in company with many, many, many, many, many American men. But it doesn't make him a criminal.

And the speeding allusion was poor. Because if every one of us who has ever speeded is a criminal, that means that most Americans who have ever driven are criminals.
Its not my problem whatsoever. I guarantee Bill is criminal maybe not for this but for something in his life most likely tied to his political/government career.

It was a comparison not an allusion, FYI.

Most certainly you have committed other crimes knowingly or not.

Have you claimed absolutely every bit of income you ever made in your life on your taxes? Becareful before you answer that question.

Never taken office supplies or other property from your employer including time for personal use?

Old 01-30-2015, 12:27 PM

3,569 posts, read 2,520,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
A president who was impeached for lying about sex with a young intern. A president who admitted he stuffed a cigar in her you know what. Sworn testimony, corroberated by law enforcement, about a young governor from Arkansas and other women. Other than that, nothing.
The allegations against Epstein are very serious. But there is no allegation of wrongdoing against Clinton in this matter. What you are doing is trying to claim that Clinton's character shows he was up to no good, but you simply have no evidence that he was up to no good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Agreed IF the ladies involved were adults; if minors, then Clinton and the rest need to be locked up. Period.
First there has to be evidence that Clinton did something illegal. What we have at this point is Clinton on Epstein's private jet with Chris Tucker, Kevin Spacey, a woman, and a few other people. They were going from JFK to the Azores islands. He was apparently on the plane 10 other times, including one trip that Naomi Campbell was also on (London to New York).

There are actual allegations against Prince Andrew and Dershowitz. But there is no reason at this point to suspect Clinton any more than Chris Tucker, Kevin Spacey, and Naomi Campbell.

Rich and famous people sometimes share rides on private jets. If there were some evidence linking Clinton to illegal activity, he would be a much bigger target for the investigators and prosecutors looking into this than Dershowitz and Prince Andrew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Seriously, this is a pathetic attempt to cover for your guy, Bill.

You should have read the article before responding with a ridiculous statement.

"Jeffrey Epstein's private jet with anonymous women"

How many PRIVATE jets have you flown on?

I know it might be a foreign concept to you but, generally when you are INVITED to fly on a private jet, I'd bet you are introduced to ALL the other passengers.
He probably did meet all of the passengers. That does not mean that he had sex with them, much less that he did anything illegal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The manifests are viewable. Other than the crew, there were generally single-digits of people on board.

The typical manifest was a couple powerful men over 50 and a gal or two in her early 20s (give or take)

I'm not saying Clinton is guilty and maybe if he did get a little "secret service" it wasn't underage but with his track record the loyalists knee-jerk defending all this as just being epstein is scummy and laughable.

I'm guessing there will be no "blue dress" moment here but if there is, ooooooh boy the 2016 race just got wayyy more interesting.
And people like Chris Tucker, Kevin Spacey, Naomi Campbell, Chauntae Davies, Casey Wasserman, Ron Burkle. If he did something wrong, there are enough people caught up in this investigation--and enough people on the planes--that it would come to light.

Old 01-30-2015, 12:39 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,094,955 times
I feel like to make an accusation like this, you need to know for sure.

Clinton definitely slept around. You can say that makes him a pervert, but to go so far to call him a pedophile or a supporter to sex slavery is... pushing it.

I'm not saying he DIDN'T do it, but any honest person can't say for sure that he did either. Simply being in the presence of a criminal does not make you a criminal as well. Without evidence to suggest that Clinton did anything illegal, you can't really act like he for sure did. Again, he may have been an unfaithful pervert, but that doesn't mean he would be ok with sex slaves.

Old 01-30-2015, 12:45 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Its not my problem whatsoever. I guarantee Bill is criminal maybe not for this but for something in his life most likely tied to his political/government career.

It was a comparison not an allusion, FYI.

Most certainly you have committed other crimes knowingly or not.

Have you claimed absolutely every bit of income you ever made in your life on your taxes? Becareful before you answer that question.

Never taken office supplies or other property from your employer including time for personal use?
YOU guarantee it. And YOU can offer such guarantees because....you are some all-knowing omnipotent being, maybe???

YES. I've claimed absolutely every bit of income I ever made in my life on my taxes.

NO, I've never taken office supplies, including time, without the knowledge and permission of my employer.

Old 01-30-2015, 12:48 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
The source, The Gawker, would know,wouldn't they?

Someone writes down the names of " important people" but just first names for girls. Hmm.

From the link:

"In court filings, Roberts maintains that she never had sexual relations with Clinton - or knew of him taking an interest in any of Epstein's other 'massage' girls - though he was sometimes present on the banker's private Caribbean island during her years of work."

The accuser looks darn happy in the old picture that accompanies this story. Sounds like a young woman who enjoyed the financial benefits of pleasing old wealthy guys. The world is full of young women and old guys, like this.

Old 01-30-2015, 12:54 PM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
The allegations against Epstein are very serious. But there is no allegation of wrongdoing against Clinton in this matter. What you are doing is trying to claim that Clinton's character shows he was up to no good, but you simply have no evidence that he was up to no good.

First there has to be evidence that Clinton did something illegal. What we have at this point is Clinton on Epstein's private jet with Chris Tucker, Kevin Spacey, a woman, and a few other people. They were going from JFK to the Azores islands. He was apparently on the plane 10 other times, including one trip that Naomi Campbell was also on (London to New York).

There are actual allegations against Prince Andrew and Dershowitz. But there is no reason at this point to suspect Clinton any more than Chris Tucker, Kevin Spacey, and Naomi Campbell.

Rich and famous people sometimes share rides on private jets. If there were some evidence linking Clinton to illegal activity, he would be a much bigger target for the investigators and prosecutors looking into this than Dershowitz and Prince Andrew.

He probably did meet all of the passengers. That does not mean that he had sex with them, much less that he did anything illegal.

And people like Chris Tucker, Kevin Spacey, Naomi Campbell, Chauntae Davies, Casey Wasserman, Ron Burkle. If he did something wrong, there are enough people caught up in this investigation--and enough people on the planes--that it would come to light.
Great even-handed post.

Let's face it, if this were George Bush or Obama I'd be giving them the extreme benefit of the doubt. Because it's Clinton, well.....you are totally right there are not allegations or proof he was involved but just being around it and taking so many trips with this guy and to his island....um....it does raise eyebrows.

Old 01-30-2015, 12:57 PM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The source, The Gawker, would know,wouldn't they?

Someone writes down the names of " important people" but just first names for girls. Hmm.

From the link:

"In court filings, Roberts maintains that she never had sexual relations with Clinton - or knew of him taking an interest in any of Epstein's other 'massage' girls - though he was sometimes present on the banker's private Caribbean island during her years of work."

The accuser looks darn happy in the old picture that accompanies this story. Sounds like a young woman who enjoyed the financial benefits of pleasing old wealthy guys. The world is full of young women and old guys, like this.
Jails are full of guys that had consensual relationships with younger gals.

Old 01-30-2015, 01:43 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
I don't think anyone is shocked by Clinton's behavior now now days. Just remember what those women testified to when he was denying everything. The guy liked to expose himself when they rejected him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies