Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think?
Yes 7 100.00%
No 0 0%
Not sure? 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 08:09 AM

10,228 posts, read 6,314,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
thank you.....

still have a very hard time with the Media, however, in starting this thread, have found out I was wrong....
so......

I just find it very strange, or rather irresponsible, that we don't demand people flying from one country to the next are not inoculated, don't you?
Because it would be logistically impossible. They used to stamp your passport if you had that ONE small pox vaccination. How would they ever do that with the numerous vaccinations out today? They would need another book. Besides how would you prove all of this? How many older people today have their vaccination records from childhood? How could you PROVE you had these diseases as a child 50+ years ago? Call up your long dead pediatrician? Coming back from a Caribbean cruise a few years ago, US passengers were not even checked. All we had to do was hold up our US Passport and went right through. Only foreign passports were stopped and checked.

Going through security today is insane enough. Imagine them checking to see if every person flying or going through customs is up to date on their vaccinations?

Impossible to do.

Old 01-30-2015, 08:14 AM
miu

17,767 posts, read 40,161,054 times
Yet another reason for me to avoid Disney parks, amusement parks and other major tourist attractions where masses of people are closely confined within the boundaries.

Old 01-30-2015, 08:14 AM

Think they will be checking every person attending the Super Bowl to see if they have had their MMR vax? lol

Old 01-30-2015, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Yet another reason for me to avoid Disney parks, amusement parks and other major tourist attractions where masses of people are closely confined within the boundaries.
Better not visit NYC and ride the SUBWAYS. You cannot get any closer contact than that! Disney? NOTHING.

Old 01-30-2015, 08:21 AM

39,076 posts, read 51,213,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Here in AZ, they are warning/following people who were in certain malls and shopping areas as well. Measles is highly contagious before a person shows any symptoms of having it. You can't avoid it. They had a map on TV today showing it is now in most of the intermountain states. The local public health authorities have said it is past the critical stage. It is coming to your town! The best insurance is a simple and safe vaccine.

Old 01-30-2015, 08:40 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,721,445 times
I did not vote.

Does Mexico / Central America have a Measles outbreak? Are these US outbreaks consentrated in communities with large populations of children of undocumented people?

Illegal immigration became a tidal wave in the 80's. It peaked with the housing bubble.

The mass of children who have been crossing over and captured were all immunized.

Why now? I suspect there are a heck of a lot more Non- Hispanic native born children who are not vaccinated than at any point in recent history.

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 01-30-2015 at 09:58 AM..

Old 01-30-2015, 08:54 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,721,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I don't understand your saying that you 'don't believe the news', when your thread is about news you saw this morning.

Anyway, it does seem clear that the outbreak started at Disney Land in California. Since many people from overseas visit Disney Land, and many may well come from countries that have ongoing problems with measles, I can readily believe that someone flew in from somewhere and spread the disease.

Mind! I am not saying that illegals can't bring disease in (I believe I said that very thing). It is entirely possible that an illegal from south of the border came across the border and visited Disney Land.

As for laws requiring visitors to be fully immunized before visiting this country: I don't know. I doubt that they have to provide proof of immunization, but probably just a form in which they check off that they have been immunized, or something like that.
Tourists to the U.S. are not required to show proof of immunization.

There was a wide outbreak of Measles in Europe in 2011.

Old 01-30-2015, 08:56 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,260,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Here in AZ, they are warning/following people who were in certain malls and shopping areas as well. Measles is highly contagious before a person shows any symptoms of having it. You can't avoid it. They had a map on TV today showing it is now in most of the intermountain states. The local public health authorities have said it is past the critical stage. It is coming to your town! The best insurance is a simple and safe vaccine.
I'm not sure I understand? Who is following what people in the malls?

Old 01-30-2015, 08:58 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,260,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I did not vote.

Does Mexico / Central America have a Measles outbreak? Are these US outbreaks consentrated in communities with large populations of children of undocumented people?

Illegal immigration became a tidal wave in the 80's. It peaked with the housing bubble.

The mass of children who have been crossing over and captured were all immunized.

Why now? I suspect there are a heck of a lot more Non- Hispanic native born children who are not vaccinated than at any point in recent history.
yes, see, that is what I would like to know also?

the same with crime....who are the criminals, black, white, Afghanies, Russian, Mexican, Hatian...?

When the media reports anything like this, they never say, what is the majority of nationalities that this is affecting?

Old 01-30-2015, 09:01 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,433,531 times
I don't understand the poll

The issue here is the idiots not getting vaccinated against a easily preventable disease. Nothing to do with the borders. Really nothing.

The cases are all tracked to a foreigner visiting Disney land. so . . .i'm guessing if the person went to Disney land (at over 80bucks per daY) they weren't coyoting across the desert.

Now the border that could use a fence against measles is the Canadian one, not the mexican one

- Mexico vaccination rate is higher than a lot of places where this hit (91% or so latest report from WHO).

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Heard on the news this a.m. that measles is spreading in AZ and CA
Well, everyone knows, that those states are high with illegal immigrants....and they are not immunized....
which was another reason for legal immigration system in this country, to make sure everyone who came into this country had their shots.

Also, when you visit another country, you have to have all your shots up to date before you can leave, right?

Well, our channel 6 Action news reported this morning, that it is spreading due to travelers coming in from other countries....

Yet, they do not show the kid and adults who have been effected....You can bet, the majority of these diseases are being spread by illegals that do not have their shots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies