Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: I have the right to bring back eradicated diseases using my kids
Yes 5 13.89%
No 31 86.11%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 09:59 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,520,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
WTF? ONLY people who aren't vaccinated will get it. What's the issue here?
This is untrue. Vaccines are not 100% effective and some people cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons. Those who chose not to vaccinate put them at risk too AND do they really have the right to risk their children in this way? They are not the ones who will get sick and possibly die. Their children will as will those who are not vaccinated and those for whom vaccination is ineffective.

Old 02-01-2015, 10:02 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
There are also children too young to be vaccinated that are endangered and a threat on exactly that by a mother on this forum.

Old 02-01-2015, 10:21 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,520,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
There are also children too young to be vaccinated that are endangered and a threat on exactly that by a mother on this forum.
Thanks. I forgot that one. Diseases can also affect the unborn (but no one cares about them ). When my dd was a baby, I arrived at church one Sunday and later discovered that several mothers had held a chicken pox party and then sent their kids to church. For my dd, chicken pox could have severe complications (such as shingles, blindness or even death). I could not believe that so called CHRISTIAN women would take this kind of risk with someone else's child. Fortunately, my dd did not get chicken pox. She was vaccinated as soon as she could be and will have to have boosters for the rest of her life. Her immune system simply cannot fight certain viruses and she gets sores in places other people don't. For example she has herpetic whitloe which means instead of getting A cold sore on her lip from the herpes virus, she gets hundreds of sores anywhere on her upper body. Fortunately, something about vaccinating against chicken pox reduces the severity of her outbreaks and now she's old enough for anti viral medications so she'll only end up getting one or two sores and they are usually on her lip. Had she gotten chicken pox, she would have been at risk for getting sores on her eyes and possibly them moving into her brain. She had ONE coldsore on her eyelid as a baby. AT that point the doctors panicked. They had to stop it before it went into her brain so at 9 months they had to put her on adult anti virals that had never been tested on a baby. People really need to consider others when they do stupid chit like having a chicken pox party and then sending their kids to church to spread the virus. It's usually the anti vaccination crowd that does this crap.

What we should do is simply remove people from society who don't want to play by the rules. Let all the anti vaccers live together and take the risk together so that we can protect those who cannot be vaccinated, those for whom vaccines don't work and those who are too young to be vaccinated. Each state could have a designated area for anti vaccers and the rest of us would know to stay away or accept the risk but it would be our choice not theirs imposed upon us.

Last edited by Ivorytickler; 02-01-2015 at 10:35 AM..

Old 02-01-2015, 10:39 AM

794 posts, read 818,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post

What we should do is simply remove people from society who don't want to play by the rules. Let all the anti vaccers live together and take the risk together so that we can protect those who cannot be vaccinated, those for whom vaccines don't work and those who are too young to be vaccinated. Each state could have a designated area for anti vaccers and the rest of us would know to stay away or accept the risk but it would be our choice not theirs imposed upon us.
Cool idea! In addition to the camps, we should mark them with gold stars they have to wear as well!

Liberal tolerance at it's finest

Old 02-01-2015, 11:00 AM

13,302 posts, read 7,864,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Maryland View Post
Cool idea! In addition to the camps, we should mark them with gold stars they have to wear as well!

They're tryyyying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL6evTXxN38

Old 02-01-2015, 11:01 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Maryland View Post

I was not aware that the majority of physicians are liberal (in fact, many I know are conservatives). Many physicians are currently not allowing unvaccinated children to come to their offices or clinics because they don't wish to put their other patients at risk of infection. This is not about liberal or conservative--so it is rather bizarre and intolerant to politicize it. This is about science and public health.

Old 02-01-2015, 11:08 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
If you got your shot then you have your protective bubble so stop worrying about everyone else.
That is a rather simplistic and self-centered sentiment. The unfortunate fact of this Public Health issue is that those who are anti-science (and science has repeatedly discredited the vaccination-causes-autism theory as fraudulent) are indeed putting others at risk, as there are innocent children too young to be vaccinated who are being put at risk by the unvaccinated. It is analogous to the workaholic martyr who insists on going to work with the flu and spreads it to the entire office. Sometimes, even in our self-centered society, one has to consider others.

Old 02-01-2015, 11:10 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post

That is a truly disgusting and dangerous idea. I wish people would think before proposing such things. Maybe there will be a medical intervention that you disagree with one day and you will find yourself in an internment camp because you dared to disagree with government directive to get it. Is this really the type of society you'd like to live in. Think about it.

Old 02-01-2015, 11:11 AM

13,302 posts, read 7,864,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I was not aware that the majority of physicians are liberal (in fact, many I know are conservatives). Many physicians are currently not allowing unvaccinated children to come to their offices or clinics because they don't wish to put their other patients at risk of infection. This is not about liberal or conservative--so it is rather bizarre and intolerant to politicize it. This is about science and public health.
Today's doctors are criminals, whose training was accomplished through the sleep deprivation techniques first explored by Dr. Mengele.

They have a mission, and their mission is statism.

Old 02-01-2015, 11:12 AM

4,666 posts, read 5,088,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
HyperVocal

As a mother, I put my parenting decisions above all else. Nobody knows my son better than me, and the choices I make about how to care for him are no one’s business but my own. So, when other people tell me how they think I should be raising my child, I simply can’t tolerate it. Regardless of what anyone else thinks, I fully stand behind my choices as a mom, including my choice not to vaccinate my son, because it is my fundamental right as a parent to decide which eradicated diseases come roaring back.

Do do parents have the right to bring back polio, small pox, and measles from eradication?
You realize the Onion is satire?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies