Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2015, 08:43 AM

3,401 posts, read 2,284,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
No I do not read right wing blogs it is a myth
Al Gore saw a way to make money and he has his little minions running behind him
lie a bunch of little robots
the sky is falling!!!!
every check out HIS life style??? His Lear Jets???

LOL
I have a brain that I use
and if you people can not see how you have been DUPED
then that is on you
but I do not ware tin foil on my head
I see incoherent whining about Al Gore, and smilies. I'll stick with the scientists, they make their case with fewer smilies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2015, 09:26 AM

1,245 posts, read 923,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
This is good news.... Two-thirds of Americans say they are more likely to vote for political candidates who campaign on fighting climate change. They are less likely to vote for candidates who question or deny the science of human-caused global warming. http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/31/us...oll-finds.html

LOL! Nice try! No names were republican names were mentioned.

If you click on the global warming what should be done. It mentions not one realistic recommendation to deal with climate change. I also notice people are highly opposed to taxes on electricity, and opposed to increasing taxes on gasoline so people drive less or buy cars that use less. In other words, the poll and what it claims is heavily skewed/biased.
Edit: It also doesn't mesh with other polls from late last year, where global warming/climate change were the least important, which convinces me the above poll must have been done in a democrat area.

Old 02-01-2015, 11:22 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,154,989 times
Quote:
Challenging? No your straw men are not at all challenging,...
A Straw Man is an intentional misrepresentation of an opponent's position.

I have never used a Straw Man......that would be stupid, since facts and reality and science are enough to prove the Climate Change God doesn't exist.

Quote:
... and regarding me not providing evidence of BC's carbon tax system I have provided it many times, but just for you I'll do it again....

Myth: The carbon tax is just a tax grab.
Fact: Every dollar raised by the carbon tax is returned to individuals and businesses through tax reductions. None of the carbon tax revenue is used to fund government spending.
Since it was first introduced in 2008, the carbon tax has returned $500 million more to taxpayers in tax reductions than it has raised in revenue. Province of British Columbia
There is no evidence there.

Page after page after page of the provincial government bathing and basking itself in laudatory self-congratulatory circuitous language is not "evidence."

Where are the spreadsheets?

The evidence is the actual numbers, not a bunch of words written by a media-public-relations consulting firm getting a tax-payer handout to make the provincial government look competent.

We want to see the hard data.

Where is it?

Surely the Canadian government is transparent enough to publish such data, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
Your question doesn't even make sense.

Asking "What temperature is 15 microns" is as silly as asking "What speed is a kilometre?"

Let me guess - you've been reading some pseudoscience nonsense from a conspiracy website?
It makes sense to those educated in science.

Evidently....

Mircea

Old 02-01-2015, 11:43 AM

9,885 posts, read 10,968,610 times
Quote:
This is good news.... Two-thirds of Americans say they are more likely to vote for political candidates who campaign on fighting climate change. They are less likely to vote for candidates who question or deny the science of human-caused global warming. http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/31/us...oll-finds.html
I support the government (and private industry) doing something to mitigate the inevitable effects of climate change.
I do not support extreme environmentalism, nor do I support taxation in the name of stopping climate change, because I do not believe it CAN be stopped by anything mankind does.
Therefore, I do not fit into the poll anywhere!

Old 02-01-2015, 11:48 AM

19,015 posts, read 14,191,607 times
I mean, let's just ask one question - what is the "correct" global mean temperature?
What is that number based on?
How is the "correctness" of that number evaluated?
On what basis is it "correct?"
I mean, I hear about catastrophic warming, but warming up from what point?

Explain, with a concrete definition, what the "correct" sea level, land based ice volume, and global mean temperature are, and how legislation will appropriately achieve those established "correct" numbers.

Old 02-01-2015, 11:57 AM

33,526 posts, read 37,125,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
st.

There is no evidence there.

Page after page after page of the provincial government bathing and basking itself in laudatory self-congratulatory circuitous language is not "evidence."

Where are the spreadsheets?

The evidence is the actual numbers, not a bunch of words written by a media-public-relations consulting firm getting a tax-payer handout to make the provincial government look competent.

We want to see the hard data.

Where is it?

Surely the Canadian government is transparent enough to publish such data, right?

Evidently....

Mircea
Evidently...... You don't know how to use a mouse....All of the information is there if you can learn how links work.....Here I'll help you out... http://www.fin.gov.bc.ca/tbs/tp/clim..._Topic_Box.pdf

Old 02-01-2015, 02:05 PM

2,395 posts, read 3,010,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnynrat View Post
How can it be good news that two-thirds of American's are scientifically ignorant!
The supposed science that ignores the observed data when it does not agree with their theory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
I don't think you know what the facts are concerning this matter.
I am quite certain I understand it better then you my friend.

Dave

Old 02-01-2015, 07:18 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,154,989 times
Quote:
Evidently...... You don't know how to use a mouse....All of the information is there if you can learn how links work.....Here I'll help you out... http://www.fin.gov.bc.ca/tbs/tp/clim..._Topic_Box.pdf
Well, Cardinal Sanspeur of the Canadian Inqusiton, thank you.

It will take me a few days to study it.

BC Low Income Climate Action Tax Credit................. .

Unfortunately --- for you -- your link demonstrates that the Carbon Tax is nothing more than a convoluted Income Redistribution Scheme....

...in which the Middle Class does not benefit....but The Poor® and Corporations™ do.

Wow....this might even require its own thread to show how Klimate Kweers are playing everybody.

Distributively....

Mircea

Old 02-01-2015, 07:22 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,519,196 times
sany and his/her friends are definitely proving my point about these global warming kooks becoming more like the Taliban with each topic.

Old 02-01-2015, 07:26 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,446,502 times
Quote:
I live in a province that has a carbon tax, and being revenue neutral it is actually putting money in people's pockets.

How does a carbon tax put money in people's pockets?

How does a carbon tax NOT take money from the poor?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies