Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 09:19 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
He was there killing people who were trying to protect their homeland from his countrymen.
My point, which you missed, is that Kyle was very simplistic and yet honest and forthright about why he personally was there doing what he did.

Apparently, though, these people who are "trying to protect their homeland from Americans" also constantly try to protect their homeland from their own native peoples, considering the number of terrorist attacks they perpetrate on their own soil against fellow Muslims.

How do you explain that?

By the way, have you booked your flight for your next humanitarian mission to that region?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2015, 09:20 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
If American troops are on foreign soil as aggressors, anyone they shoot is an innocent person defending theirhomeland.
If you don't see the parallel to Germany, thats your problem. It is a valid one.
He was killing terrorists and he was damned good at it.

Old 02-02-2015, 09:24 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,085,057 times
Quote:
So if a government employee tells you to go to another country and shoot the women and children defending it, you would?
We hanged concentration camp guards post WWII for "doing their jobs"
So your problem is that you disagree with our commander in chief aka Obama. Our soldiers are there because our president has not withdrawn them. This movie clearly shows that the terrorists were killing innocent people to send a message. The terrorist want everyone to understand who is in charge. In the case of Mr. Kyle, he was saving lives of men that our government has put in harms way.

Old 02-02-2015, 09:24 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
There is at least one American sniper, who was also in Iraq, who didn't like the movie.

I was an American sniper, and Chris Kyle
According to this article,

"My war was completely different than Chris Kyle’s war. That doesn’t mean his war is wrong, and mine was right. But it does mean that no one experience is definitive."

I was an American sniper, and Chris Kyle

I think bolded is very important.

When bullets start flying emotions start running high and that can have a powerful effect on how a person sees things. Five hundred combatants can see five hundred different things. In war every fighter see's things differently. Most people would like to believe the war is black and white, not different shades of gray. In reality, it is just not the case.

I have combat friends who came back from battle field becoming anti-war activists, I also have combat friends who are eager to go back and finish the job. I don't understand either mentality, but I've learned that Warfare is very traumatic experience. Why judge the soldiers, Marines? Why not welcoming them home with open arms?

Old 02-02-2015, 12:54 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
My point, which you missed, is that Kyle was very simplistic and yet honest and forthright about why he personally was there doing what he did.

Apparently, though, these people who are "trying to protect their homeland from Americans" also constantly try to protect their homeland from their own native peoples, considering the number of terrorist attacks they perpetrate on their own soil against fellow Muslims.

How do you explain that?

By the way, have you booked your flight for your next humanitarian mission to that region?
I dont need to explain anything. The internal affairs of other countries are none of our business, as ours would be none of theirs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
He was killing terrorists and he was damned good at it.
We are the terrorists in their countries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
So your problem is that you disagree with our commander in chief aka Obama. Our soldiers are there because our president has not withdrawn them. This movie clearly shows that the terrorists were killing innocent people to send a message. The terrorist want everyone to understand who is in charge. In the case of Mr. Kyle, he was saving lives of men that our government has put in harms way.
The US fed guv has been putting soldiers in harms way for non defense purposes for decades, anyone who enlists would know this by now. No one is excused.

Old 02-02-2015, 01:10 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,383,702 times
Nobody cares about what Michael Obama thinks or does unless she uses her lawyer powers and decides to actually fight anti-privacy and burn the patriot act. Madame First Lady Michael Obama words is more useless then Mother Teresa, Diana, and Marilyn Monroe, and Queen Elizabeth combined.

She needs to actually do something important that will make the people cheer about her. Not her clothing or speeches.

Fight anti-privacy.
Prevent people who have no jobs or is living under a roof from BEING FINED/TAXED by Osamabama act ( HCRA ).
Fight for freedom of press
Fight for freedom of speech
Protect privacy on internet regarding what information is shared.
Protect privacy in general.
Protect people inside their homes who uses internet.
Protect people rights of speech they had before 2001.
Bring back Snoden

PARDON BRADLY MANNING ( THE ONLY REAL HERO OF 2001 war that has been on going since ). Is he in Jail right now? Seriously of those 100+ years charges for showing the nation the pro-genocide actions of the US army itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dgKAxPbJ0w ( IDK if this is the video as their are fakes out there ).

Dude, two photographers and a kid being delayed to go to the hospital. They on purposely delayed the ambulance from reaching the kid.

Come on Michael why not anything realistic.

OH I FORGET WE ARE LIVING INSIDE AN AMERICA WHERE THEY THINK CHEER SLEEPING WITH JUSTIN BEAVER IS NORMAL. That is like an moldy tree with an baby chipmonk living inside of it. Why????

Old 02-02-2015, 03:33 PM

39,870 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
When he gave the OK to shoot Somali pirates, so much for your failed theory.
Obama signed off on taking out pirates - David S. Cloud and Nia-Malika Henderson - POLITICO.com

Try again, LOL !!!!
Pirates? Pirates he says? Those were just poor, oppressed Somalis trying to collect taxes due them, not Pirates! Innocent children fighting for their country. Obama had them murdered

(oh, in case I have to say it...[\sarcasm])

Old 02-02-2015, 08:41 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,433,651 times
Quote:
I dont need to explain anything. The internal affairs of other countries are none of our business, as ours would be none of theirs.

We are the terrorists in their countries.

The US fed guv has been putting soldiers in harms way for non defense purposes for decades, anyone who enlists would know this by now. No one is excused.
This really doesn't have to do with the politics behind the war. The war in Iraq was very obviously wrong. It didn't really serve American interests. In fact, it was really more about Israel's strategic interests, made possible by all the sell-outs to their powerful lobby. But as for Chris Kyle, he was by all accounts a great guy and his heart was in the right place, even if the war shouldn't have been fought. He killed the enemy to protect his comrades. That's what any true warrior does, for whom loyalty to the tribe is everything. He deserves all the praise he's given and then some.

Old 10-26-2015, 05:44 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
I've never seen a crowd of moviegoers react to a movie like American Sniper. At the end of this movie, everyone was silent. As everyone was exiting you could hear a pin drop, many had tears in their eyes. Everyone was beyond polite to one another, letting folks exit the aisles in front of them. All in silence. Great film.
I didn't see the movie (but I will now). Today I was at a conference and Taya was the honored Keynote. While I am patriotic, i am probably not aligned with her on many issues. That said, she was one of the most moving, inspirational speakers I've seen. It was a pleasant surprise, as I was really expecting a widow to be simply cashing in on her husband's legacy.

Like I said, i don't see everything eye to eye, but I felt she was VERY sincere, and her message was 100% positive. I've intended to see the movie and just hadn't gotten around to it. Now I will. (Either Redbox or Netflix if I can find it...)

Old 10-26-2015, 06:15 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
It was a decent movie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies