Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2015, 03:02 PM

1,770 posts, read 1,655,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildColonialGirl View Post
Gender roles are no nger set in stone, but why are you fighting to hard to have gender set in stone? Why is it so hard for you to accept that any given person requests to be identified as something, or as nothing in particular, or whatever. Why does it bother you so much? What difference does it make to me if random coworker identifies as androgynous pansexual or agender pansexual or female asexual? Just tell me the pronoun to use and be understanding if I mess it up.
Gender has been rendered meaningless. It no londer means anything. We should revert back to sex at this point. That is all I am trying to say. Gender used to be synonymous with sex. Then people decided to start using gender differently to refer to the behavioral characteristics and roles of each sex as opposed to the physical aspect. When you no longer stick to those behavioral characteristics and roles, the classification becomes meaningless.

Quote:
Regarding people with extra sex chromosomes, I see that you've heard the term intersex and decided to apply it here. It doesn't apply. Intersex is a condition where sex is indeterminate. People with Kleinfelter's, Turner's or other extra sex c'some conditions are very much a gender. In fact, the incidence of people with XYY is very much higher in prisons because they're extra manly.
If you are going to correct someone, you should know what you are talking about.

"Intersex, in humans and other animals, is a variation in sex characteristics including chromosomes, gonads, or genitals that do not allow an individual to be distinctly identified as male or female."
-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intersex

Those are variations in chromosomes that do not allow an individual to be distinctly identified as classic male (XY) or female (XX).

Old 06-05-2015, 03:13 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,020,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KazChasey View Post
Disgusting freak.

Bringing six children into the world, leading on three different women, and then deciding to shatter all of their lives for your selfish mental dysfunction? Sickening.

He should've done his children, grandchildren, parents, and entire family a favor by killing himself and sparing them the pain of being an involuntary part of his freak show.

And the media is even more disgusting for pushing this man's mental illness on all of us as if it's something to admire and behold. Sick degenerates promoting sick degenerates.
Lol... you're a kind one!

Calling for other people to kill themselves vs. "promoting their mental illnesses"

That level of bloodthirsty hate of someone who has no effect upon you is, itself, a form of mental illness, but - as always - you won't be applying the same "kill yourself" standards to your own mental illness.

Old 06-05-2015, 03:18 PM

14,799 posts, read 21,444,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I'm all for being polite but in this case i'm not going to participate in this guys delusion that he is a woman,IMO the guy has a psychological disorder that needs to be addressed not enabled.
Doubt it, what is so bad about wanting to change your gender? its more strange to me how people like you just casually go around disrespecting someone you don't even know.

Old 06-05-2015, 03:19 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,273,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand-Pooba-9 View Post
So 2 million teens, Tweens, and bored housewives with Twitter accounts are suddenly important members of society that we need to be concerned about?

Snoop Dogg actually does contribute to our society in a meaningful way --- he's been making socially-conscious rap music for urban youth for over 25 years, giving them hope and encouragement to make a better life for themselves that doesn't involve drugs or gangs or violence. He also operates a very successful youth football league in L.A. that targets at-risk kids, especially ones in single parent households. Many of the youth league alumni go on to get scholarships at Division I college football programs. Snoop is helping poor black kids achieve a college education and possibly lucrative NFL careers! MLK Jr. would be damn proud of him.

Snoop is a hell of a lot more important to American society than some irrelevant freak show like Caitlyn/Bruce or whatever the hell that thing is calling itself these days.
Snoop also has a line of clothes that are part of the Neff Headwear company. He along with Shaun Neff used that influence to donate to several causes.

Old 06-05-2015, 03:22 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,825,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspistol View Post
Pretty sure someone is going to type "then don't look at it if you don't like it" or something along those lines. The problem with that is it's on homepage of every news outlet and search engine on the planet. I don't have a choice but to look at it as it's being shoved in my face. Bruce wants attention and money. Yes, I get it. He likes to dress up like a girl. I get it. Now go away.

EXACTLY! Freakin freaks like 'it' and Chaz Bono, belong in a nut house, not congratulated for their insanity,and Jenner's greed!

Old 06-05-2015, 03:28 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,886,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Not quite how it happened Nancy..
Okay, but I've read different versions. It doesn't really matter. It's sad that someone was killed no matter who was involved.

In any case, my post about the lawsuit was facetious. I know it's wrong to joke about a gender transition, but the Jenner/Kardashian gang has welcomed the public to peek into its members' private lives, so it's difficult not to chuckle.

When I went through a divorce, I can't imagine wanting a camera in my living room, although maybe for a million bucks I would have caved. Heck, I'll take a lot less now, but nobody's offering.

"Watch Nancy signing on to her computer to check her email. Now she's making coffee and boiling an egg. Nancy waves to a neighbor."

Nope, nobody wants to watch that on TV, so I've got to give credit to Bruce and the Kardashians for turning a boring, narcissistic, greedy family into a prosperous business.

Last edited by justNancy; 06-05-2015 at 03:50 PM.. Reason: fix typo! oops.

Old 06-05-2015, 03:46 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,886,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
I think it's polite to call someone what they wish to be called, no matter what my views are. It makes me uncomfortable when people call me nicknames related to my given name after I've told them what I prefer to be called. It would be maddening if they insisted on using a pronoun I didn't identify with.
I have a very common name, but people sometimes call me "Nance" and I don't like it, so I know what you mean.

Sometimes it gets confusing and I've felt uncomfortable in situations when I'm trying to be politically correct. If someone wants to change his name from Bruce to Caitlin, that's fine with me. It's none of my business. However, I'm 5'6" and 105 lbs, so I'm sure a lot of people might take a step back if I introduced myself as Butch.

Life might be a lot simpler if we were cats and dogs. Lassie was a male dog and didn't seem at all offended when Timmy called "Here Girl." In "The Closer" Brenda named her cat Kitty and kept calling her "he" and Fritz would frustratingly say "Kitty's a she, not a he." Kitty just purred as if she couldn't care less.

Old 06-05-2015, 03:52 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,113,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCrossroads View Post
WRONG. Caitlyn has over 2 million followers on Twitter and over 1 million on Instagram, in just a matter of a couple of days. What would Snoop Dogg know about anything other than rap music and smoking weed?
There's also a lot of FAIL videos on YouTube with millions of views and likes. Face it Bruce is like looking at a train wreck. The only real question is when is he going to start dating men of color?

Old 06-05-2015, 04:33 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,543,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Lol... you're a kind one!

Calling for other people to kill themselves vs. "promoting their mental illnesses"

That level of bloodthirsty hate of someone who has no effect upon you is, itself, a form of mental illness, but - as always - you won't be applying the same "kill yourself" standards to your own mental illness.

Yes, and I'm guessing they would define themselves as God-fearing people who embrace the basic tenets of whatever religion they are members of.

Based on some of the responses here, I think some of the posters have deep seated issues they should seek help for. They're like rabid dogs with this issue. Instead of letting people live their lives the way they see fit, they're p*$$ed off. A curious and inappropriate response, in my opinion.

Last edited by MPowering1; 06-05-2015 at 05:28 PM..

Old 06-05-2015, 04:37 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,771,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I have a very common name, but people sometimes call me "Nance" and I don't like it, so I know what you mean.

Sometimes it gets confusing and I've felt uncomfortable in situations when I'm trying to be politically correct. If someone wants to change his name from Bruce to Caitlin, that's fine with me. It's none of my business. However, I'm 5'6" and 105 lbs, so I'm sure a lot of people might take a step back if I introduced myself as Butch.

Life might be a lot simpler if we were cats and dogs. Lassie was a male dog and didn't seem at all offended when Timmy called "Here Girl." In "The Closer" Brenda named her cat Kitty and kept calling her "he" and Fritz would frustratingly say "Kitty's a she, not a he." Kitty just purred as if she couldn't care less.

....from a hulking, male, 65-year-old fossil parading around half-dressed in women's underwear because he "identifies" as a female......to Lassie.

We're doomed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.