Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2015, 05:26 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,287,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
I am 61, old-fashioned, and going out on a limb here, but I think this whole thing is really disgusting.

Before I continue, I have nothing against TRUE transgenders, transsexuals, homosexuals, bisexuals, or anyone living a sex life different from the norm. However, I just doubt very much that Caitlyn-formerly-known-as-Bruce was/is truly transgender because if s/he felt s/he were really and truly female (on the "inside at least) from at least adolescence, how could s/he have fathered six natural children (unless they were adopted or a result of IVF or some other scientific procedure, which I did not see noted in the Wikipedia bio)? Unless I am mistaken, this means that he had to have have been aroused by his wives to the point of having more than one erection during the course of his adult life.

My point is that is someone truly is born with some kind of gender "mistake", I am sorry. But I just don't see how that could have been the case with Bruce/Caitlyn. I just think is just one seriously messed up dude/dudette and very selfish to put his kids and wife through his transformation and the all the accompanying publicity.

If anyone wants to educate me, fine. I readily admit that I am VERY far from an expert on this topic.
Can a transgender person be heterosexual? - Pride for All *Gender & Sexuality Ed for Today's Students

Old 06-01-2015, 05:35 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,263,571 times
Not a single crap given here.

Old 06-01-2015, 05:43 PM

1,007 posts, read 1,125,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Not a single crap given here.
^^^ Or here. So a celebrity decides he wants to be a woman. He had the money and got the surgery done. OK, I hope he/she is happier and enjoys his/her life. I am over hearing about it and seeing it on TV. It's not like this is the first time anyone has changed their gender. I don't understand why this is such earth shattering news?

Old 06-01-2015, 05:44 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,083,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Being male or female on the outside isn't the same as being male or female on the inside.

Sexuality and gender are points on a spectrum not two different states of being as you seem to believe.
I agree with you about the sexuality part. But gender is biological science.
If he wants to live as a she, I have no problem with that, but let's not delude ourselves that he has actually changed genders.

Old 06-01-2015, 05:48 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,083,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona13 View Post
^^^ Or here. So a celebrity decides he wants to be a woman. He had the money and got the surgery done. OK, I hope he/she is happier and enjoys his/her life. I am over hearing about it and seeing it on TV. It's not like this is the first time anyone has changed their gender. I don't understand why this is such earth shattering news?
It's such a big deal because they want to make him the next poster boy for the transgender community.

Old 06-01-2015, 05:54 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,753,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokingGun View Post
I kind of feel sad for her (him)... i think if she made the transition 15 or 20 yrs ago she'd be much hotter. Now, she's just kinda meh.... She's literally a senior citizen who seems to be grasping for surgical straws in attempt to capture her youth, in a way like the late Joan Rivers with all her plastic surgery.
I would have agree with this. I'm happy for Caitlyn because she can now live happily, and I understand her reasons for having waited this long to do all this. But, I think it's kinda sad that she needed to undergo so much facial surgery in order to look feminine. It's almost like Caitlyn is now a caricature of a woman rather than simply being a woman.

There are a lot of other male-to-female transsexuals who undergo various facial surgeries, and I find it kinda sad that they need all that surgery just to be able to look like a woman.

That being said, Caitlyn does look pretty on the cover.

Old 06-01-2015, 05:55 PM

3,276 posts, read 7,841,897 times
What a sick freak.

Old 06-01-2015, 05:55 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,283,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
I agree with you about the sexuality part. But gender is biological science.
If he wants to live as a she, I have no problem with that, but let's not delude ourselves that he has actually changed genders.
I think this is where I land. I understand that there is internal confusion and frustration, but I believe your gender doesn't change, especially not simply because you want it to.

Old 06-01-2015, 05:59 PM

625 posts, read 623,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
You guys know I'm as liberal as they come but I see a picture of selfishness.

I mean, he was a poor father to his first family (by his own admission); he finally tries to get THAT house in order - only to announce to his teenage daughters and now, grown sons that - he's going to be a woman.

To me, if you were single ~ I'd say - go for it. But don't you give up the right to continually screw up your kids lives?

I know it's not popular but that is my opinion. I saw his daughters on the show where he told his family and they were so . . sad and confused.
They are GROWN. Jenner deserves the chance to be happy.

The kids screw up their own lives without any help from Jenner or anyone else.

Old 06-01-2015, 06:01 PM

2,288 posts, read 3,236,641 times
I think everyone should do what they want or need to do with their own bodies. I do wonder why they're treating this like Bruce is the 1st. I think it was very brave of Chaz Bono to make the change. I consider him the 1st famous person to do this publicly. Chaz also put up with way more trashing instead of the love Bruce is getting. Why?

I wish both could have done it without the public in their business. Its such a personal matter and I wish anyone going through this the best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.