Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2015, 08:59 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,016,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Even though I'm sure this magazine photo is photoshopped to the nth degree, the new Jenner looks female. It is amazing how much surgery and female hormones can do to feminize a formerly masculine looking man.
Not if you look at the arms - can't hide the arms.

The pic look drag queenestique to me.

Old 06-01-2015, 09:09 PM

3,421 posts, read 5,216,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
So If one can change sexes, then I guess they can change races?
A lot of my friends were cheering Bruce Jenner's surgery. I asked them that if I as an African-American felt that I was meant to be Japanese, then went out and got my skin bleached, got eye surgery, adopted the Japanese culture and language and changed my name to a Japanese name, would they not think I was nuts? They say it's not the same thing but I don't see how it's not.

I'm all for adults doing whatever they want as long as it doesn't hurt others, and I'm not judging Bruce from a religious standpoint. But I do believe that someone who feels that they were meant to be something other than what they were born and then go the length of getting surgery to become something else, that is an indication of some form of mental illness going on, I think.

Old 06-01-2015, 09:19 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
We can choose a lot of things in life, our gender isn't one of them. You are stuck with whatever it says on your birth certificate. You can call yourself whatever you want, that doesn't change your Chromosomes.

Birth certificates can be changed. But sometimes your chromosomes and your mind don't match. Our brains are complex. And even is this day and age we really don't know much about it. Transgenders feel they were born in the wrong body. I would go with what their brain says over chromosomes

Old 06-01-2015, 09:22 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,083,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
A lot of my friends were cheering Bruce Jenner's surgery. I asked them that if I as an African-American felt that I was meant to be Japanese, then went out and got my skin bleached, got eye surgery, adopted the Japanese culture and language and changed my name to a Japanese name, would they not think I was nuts? They say it's not the same thing but I don't see how it's not.

I'm all for adults doing whatever they want as long as it doesn't hurt others, and I'm not judging Bruce from a religious standpoint. But I do believe that someone who feels that they were meant to be something other than what they were born and then go the length of getting surgery to become something else, that is an indication of some form of mental illness going on, I think.
People are saying that we should recognize what ever one wants to self identify as...
Then they must recognize a white person that wants to self identify as black.

Old 06-01-2015, 09:26 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,083,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

Birth certificates can be changed. But sometimes your chromosomes and your mind don't match. Our brains are complex. And even is this day and age we really don't know much about it. Transgenders feel they were born in the wrong body. I would go with what their brain says over chromosomes
That's not how biology works.
If he wants to identify as a woman, fine, I have no problem with that. I wish him good luck.
But let's not fool ourselves, biologically he will always be male.

Old 06-01-2015, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by statisticsnerd View Post
What a sick freak.
This is exactly why transgender people are afraid...because of people like you. Instead of having compassion and trying to understand what some go through, you just automatically label them a freak.

Old 06-01-2015, 09:33 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times
Quote:
If he wants to identify as a woman, fine, I have no problem with that. I wish him good luck.
I guess he never felt comfortable in his own skin. I have felt that way at times ( not due to gender identity issues) and it sucks. If he feels better now, then more power to him/her.

Old 06-01-2015, 09:36 PM

Quote:
I'm not talking about biology and really who cares...it's just body parts. I'm talking about how our brain works.

Old 06-01-2015, 09:38 PM

781 posts, read 736,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I'm not talking about biology and really who cares...it's just body parts. I'm talking about how our brain works.
The brain is just another part of our biology....

Old 06-01-2015, 09:39 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,862,536 times
Enough already with this guy girl thing guy. I don't care don't care don't care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies