Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2015, 02:20 AM

1,770 posts, read 1,663,100 times

Advertisements

To everyone making the claim that Bruce is now a she and has always been a she, does that mean we should strip "her" of all of "her" men's olympic medals. After all, it was a competition for men.

Old 06-02-2015, 02:56 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaskwhy View Post
To everyone making the claim that Bruce is now a she and has always been a she, does that mean we should strip "her" of all of "her" men's olympic medals. After all, it was a competition for men.
There is a certain odd logic to that.

It's now fascinating to read the wikipedia page on Jenner as all the pronouns relative to Jenner have been changed to the feminine form. i.e. She won the Gold in the men's ......

Old 06-02-2015, 03:18 AM

1,770 posts, read 1,663,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
There is a certain odd logic to that.

It's now fascinating to read the wikipedia page on Jenner as all the pronouns relative to Jenner have been changed to the feminine form. i.e. She won the Gold in the men's ......
Yeah, haha, it just occured to me. I don't care what he/she does, whatever makes them happy. However, people like to make these big sweeping claims regarding sex that are simply not true. Someone is born male, female or intersex and that remains the same for the rest of that individual's life, someone's sex is set in stone. Sex and gender used to essentially be interchangable, but now people claim that gender is up to the individual. It seems to me that if gender is arbitrary than it loses all meaning. So do we define laws in terms of gender which is fluid and meaningless, in terms of biological sex which is concrete and never changing or just completely make everything gender-blind? It isn't really a simple issue.

Old 06-02-2015, 03:18 AM

11,782 posts, read 5,795,007 times
I'm personally sick of the whole thing. Can't understand why media keeps pushing this obnoxious family onto us at every turn as no one I know is interested in them.

Old 06-02-2015, 03:27 AM

15,531 posts, read 10,501,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
She still has man hands, can't get rid of man hands. That's why the hands are behind the back or not focused on much.
He still has man legs too, whoever airbrushed the photo sucks.

Old 06-02-2015, 04:26 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
When will we have the Playboy half nude edition together with Kim... that's probably next but I hope Caitlyn/Bruce will not go that route and keeps it respectful for his age and not making it to be a circus like the Kardashian.

Old 06-02-2015, 04:50 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
So If one can change sexes, then I guess they can change races?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
A lot of my friends were cheering Bruce Jenner's surgery. I asked them that if I as an African-American felt that I was meant to be Japanese, then went out and got my skin bleached, got eye surgery, adopted the Japanese culture and language and changed my name to a Japanese name, would they not think I was nuts? They say it's not the same thing but I don't see how it's not.

I'm all for adults doing whatever they want as long as it doesn't hurt others, and I'm not judging Bruce from a religious standpoint. But I do believe that someone who feels that they were meant to be something other than what they were born and then go the length of getting surgery to become something else, that is an indication of some form of mental illness going on, I think.
Your body, your choice.

Old 06-02-2015, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Enough already with this guy girl thing guy. I don't care don't care don't care.
Why are you posting?
Why are you posting?
Why are you posting?

Old 06-02-2015, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhichWayDoIGo View Post
When Michael Jackson altered himself to morph into what ever the f*ck he was trying to become, he was mocked and called a freak for years. It was and is still acceptable to mock Michael Jackson.

But, somehow, this is normal and should be applauded.

if altering herself cosmetically makes her think she's a woman, then by all means.

When I announce to the world that I am really Jesus Christ, I dare any of you to suggest that I'm delusional and should seek help. I will have some fancy word similar to 'transphobic' to stigmatize you with for not accepting my lordship.

GOOD NIGHT!!
I was never okay with how people mocking/making fun of MJ.

Also, transgenders must go through psychological counseling before physically transitioning. Not just one or two sessions. Years worth of counseling.

Comparing MJ to CJ is comparing apples and oranges.

Old 06-02-2015, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
I'm not judging. I just think there is some psychological issues behind it. Gendering Identity Disorder is classified as a medical issue.

Nowhere did I say that he got surgery to look better. He got surgery because he believed that he is other than what he is born. There has to be some mental health issue behind that, I don't care what anyone says.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
It is no longer considered a disorder and consequently is now referred to as Gender Dysphoria.
This needs to be posted on every page of this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies