Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2015, 07:49 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,693,411 times

Advertisements

People need to stop throwing around the word "hero"
It has lost all meaning these days. Everyone is a "hero" puh-lease...

Is he a hero? No. Is he brave? Absolutely.
Do I think the whole thing is a bit odd? Yes.
Would I treat him/her any differently because he changed his sex? No, all people deserve to be treated with respect and dignity, regardless of their inclinations, choices, whatever u wanna call it.

Old 06-03-2015, 07:50 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
That's fine. Just curious, why you think he is a hero ?
He's a hero for all those like himself. His struggle and journey is very public. People will learn from him. I applaud his efforts and I hope he inspires others like him.

Old 06-03-2015, 07:54 AM

186 posts, read 158,489 times
Quote:
Quite right Scarabchuck, sing it!!!!!! Sorry, Bruce is hardly a hero in any sense of the word.....

Old 06-03-2015, 08:09 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,018,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTaxedInNY View Post
Me and you, we'd probably get along in some way. I never tried painting him as different, looking down on him, etc. I don't care in all honesty. What I do care about is it being a news story that people have decided to perpetuate through constant discussion.

Our mindsets probably aren't as opposite as you believe them to be
The only reason it is a news story is because people still view transgender/gay people as something different. That, and he's associated with the Kardasian clan, which believe it or not, can be ignored. I don't understand why people put so much effort into bashing/showing disgust/ *itching (dear mods, apparently the full word doesn't get *** out) and moaning about how other people that have no impact on their lives decide to live their lives, all while probably living in a trailer not doing much with their own lives.

I personally only clicked her to point out bigotry. I could care less about the subject.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
You are right the PC police criticize and attack a person for their opinion instead of debating the topic with a relevant point of your own.
What exactly is the debate here? One either supports equality or they don't, it's a black or white issue. If everyone supported equality, this thread wouldn't exist.

Last edited by LordSquidworth; 06-03-2015 at 08:21 AM..

Old 06-03-2015, 08:32 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
He's a hero for all those like himself. His struggle and journey is very public. People will learn from him. I applaud his efforts and I hope he inspires others like him.
So he's a hero because he did something he wanted and planned on doing for years ? He's a hero because he did something that makes him feel right ? Sorry, I don't see it.
I'll give him brave, it does take b_all$ (sorry, had to say it) to do what he did publicly, and his bank account will surely show that. The example I posted is a far better role model for this than Jenner is though.

Old 06-03-2015, 08:41 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,898,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Since you have some experience with transgenders, how have you found their mental/emotional well being to be as the process of transition continues?

I have had limited experience probably have had exposure to about eight transgenders and they were well into their process prior to me having any contact with them. I would say that I found a huge variation in their mental/emotional well being it varied a great deal also the individuals I had contact with were institutionalized due to having broken the law they had underlying behavioural and substance abuse issues not related to gender identity so they aren't representative. They were a couple of outliers but overall most individuals I did not find their behaviours were any more mal adaptive than the general institutionalized population however I must say that the mental/emotional part of their care wasn't my focus but I did interact with them frequently and was familiar with how that part of their care was progressing.

Old 06-03-2015, 08:51 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I just saw this quote from Jenner:

'I mean these pictures - Annie, Vanity Fair, spared nothing doing it right,' Jenner said in an interview in Vanity Fair on Tuesday. 'And the wardrobe, everything involved with it were just, the people were just great. It was, you know, two of the best days of my life.'

Read more: 'I'm the new normal': Glamorous Caitlyn Jenner applies make-up in scenes from upcoming documentary | Daily Mail Online

I must say this quote changed my mind about this person's reasons for going public with the transition to a woman. He had six kids, and was married three times, but putting on women's clothes, makeup, and posing for a magazine shoot were the best two days of her life? I think this person is a narcissist and publicity hound.

Seems Jenner is a Kardashian after all.
It seems like Bruce/Caitlyn thinks that being a woman is all about getting dolled up and having hair and makeup parties all the time. I'm a biological woman and it's really not all that fun, but he just gets to experience his idea of "womanhood" without experiencing any of the negatives. I'm sure being rich makes everything a lot more fun too.

Old 06-03-2015, 08:52 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
So he's a hero because he did something he wanted and planned on doing for years ? He's a hero because he did something that makes him feel right ? Sorry, I don't see it.
I'll give him brave, it does take b_all$ (sorry, had to say it) to do what he did publicly, and his bank account will surely show that. The example I posted is a far better role model for this than Jenner is though.
He's a hero because he has gone public with something that thousands of people have dealt with privately for years. They've hidden because of societal pressure. Yes, I think that's heroic. I also think one can find more than one person heroic for different reasons.

Old 06-03-2015, 08:57 AM

1,021 posts, read 1,881,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
I have had limited experience probably have had exposure to about eight transgenders and they were well into their process prior to me having any contact with them. I would say that I found a huge variation in their mental/emotional well being it varied a great deal also the individuals I had contact with were institutionalized due to having broken the law they had underlying behavioural and substance abuse issues not related to gender identity so they aren't representative. They were a couple of outliers but overall most individuals I did not find their behaviours were any more mal adaptive than the general institutionalized population however I must say that the mental/emotional part of their care wasn't my focus but I did interact with them frequently and was familiar with how that part of their care was progressing.
Lol, yeah I'm sure their issues were in no way due to their gender identity problems

Last edited by OverTaxedInNY; 06-03-2015 at 09:06 AM..

Old 06-03-2015, 09:06 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,307,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I just saw this quote from Jenner:

'I mean these pictures - Annie, Vanity Fair, spared nothing doing it right,' Jenner said in an interview in Vanity Fair on Tuesday. 'And the wardrobe, everything involved with it were just, the people were just great. It was, you know, two of the best days of my life.'

Read more: I-m-new-normal-[/b]Glamorous-Caitlyn-Jenner-applies-make-scenes-upcoming-documentary.html#ixzz3c0G2maeY]'I'm the new normal': Glamorous Caitlyn Jenner applies make-up in scenes from upcoming documentary | Daily Mail Online

I must say this quote changed my mind about this person's reasons for going public with the transition to a woman. He had six kids, and was married three times, but putting on women's clothes, makeup, and posing for a magazine shoot were the best two days of her life? I think this person is a narcissist and publicity hound.

Seems Jenner is a Kardashian after all.
Yes, he is indeed a narcissist! He's also nutso billy. DELUSIONAL. That's reality. The nice way of putting it: his is the latest mental disorder/illness to be sanctioned and trumpeted by modern society. And why shouldn't he be? Afterall, we are currently living in a society of people who've been beat up and made worse by broken families, pop culture, addictive substances, etc., etc. Not to mention rampant sexual abuse in families producing sexual identity crises and a whole host of other terrible things. Sadly, those friggin' perverts are strangely celebrated, okayed, and applauded for deviant behavior--deviant behavior which goes on to inflict itself on other powerless children and people.

It's going to be very interesting, when down the line, these same folks applauding Degenerate/Jenner are complaining about grown males (who are obviously dressed as females or obvious sex change freaks) using the bathroom their little children/grandchildren/significant (s) are using! We are going to see hypocrisy at its height!

Let the pummeling of picklejuice begin!

Last edited by picklejuice; 06-03-2015 at 10:11 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies