Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2015, 01:53 PM

30,489 posts, read 17,940,485 times

Advertisements

While I support Bruce, now Caitlyn, one thing I will not do (as I'm seeing many, including the media, for instance: Caitlyn Jenner's onetime home in Calabasas is for sale - LA Times) do is refer to accomplishments that were achieved by Bruce Jenner as being achieved by Caitlyn Jenner. Bruce, not Caitlyn, performed spectacularly at the Olympics. Bruce, not Caitlyn, was married to Kris and owned property with her.

Old 06-03-2015, 01:54 PM

20,687 posts, read 19,822,231 times
So he/she won't go to carshows anymore? Does that manly interest go away with the penis?

Old 06-03-2015, 02:01 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,726,588 times
Jenner needs to familiarize himself with the Ick Factor. If it applies to Madonna flashing her rear in her 50s, it sure as heck applies to a 65-year-old of any sex wearing a bustier and exposing the upper thighs.

Yyyyyuck.

Old 06-03-2015, 02:30 PM

1,516 posts, read 1,240,595 times
I wonder the number of people here who actually have been directly affected by someone else's decision to change genders vs those who are just advocates for the cause, watching from afar.

If you have been directly in crossfire of this situation you would know that it's not just about the transgender person's feelings. I'm tired of intolerant supporters sitting here calling anyone who disagrees as someone "stuck in the times", a bigot, or an unaccepting close-minded individual. It is a lot harder to accept and support a loved one you have grown up with when they come out and want to completely change who they are. The majority who are just watching this and are not directly affected will never understand the rollercoaster of emotions that come when your friend or family (especially family) goes through this. You are basically getting a new sibling, who might as well be some exchange student because they certainly don't act the way they have in the past. As much as I hate the Kardashians, I can understand what they are going through. I'm willing to bet deep down inside they are still unsupportive and sad about the outcome. I'm sure they would much rather have their father, Bruce, than this Caitlyn.

I do believe there needs to be some alternatives. As in, not jumping the shark and thinking surgery and hormones are the only solution. There is simply not enough research yet into what actually causes transgender feelings, and many like to dismiss it as something that is "natural" or cannot be helped. Yes it's true transgendered people who want to go through reassessment surgery must go through therapy, but it's also easy to find therapists who agree with what you're doing and/or do not give a crap whose life they might destroy as long as they are getting paid the big bucks. I personally think 1 year of therapy is not enough, and I also believe family and friends should be pulled into sessions because it's very easy to manipulate feelings and childhood memories, skewing the jury to your side.

I cannot say I'm 100% supportive of a transgendered lifestyle. I do believe these things are complicated and shouldn't be met with simple black and white thinking. Those who choose to go through this need to realize no, it's not normal. Yes, they will get criticized and/or possibly alienated from friends and family who cannot accept it. That's just the way it is.

Old 06-03-2015, 02:35 PM

18,368 posts, read 31,462,319 times
I am not affected by this at all, nor do I care, nor is it my business, but bruce isnt the first one to ever do this. He did not pave the way, there were many other that have already paved the way for him.

so i think he is getting way to much praise for this.

Old 06-03-2015, 02:40 PM

28,974 posts, read 14,300,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
So he/she won't go to carshows anymore? Does that manly interest go away with the penis?
LOL, I forgot he was a car guy. He was also heavy into RC planes and started racing Polaris RZR's, a small side by side off road buggy.

Old 06-03-2015, 03:06 PM

29,435 posts, read 22,356,459 times
Default Anger over Caitlyn Jenner being chosen over Lauren Hill for ESPY courage award

I was inspired by Lauren's fight and struggles.

Anger over Caitlyn Jenner being chosen over Lauren Hill for ESPY courage award | Fox News

Quote:
NEW YORK – Caitlyn Jenner excitedly wrote on Twitter “What the hell am I going to wear?” when it was announced that the reality star was to be honored at next month’s ESPY’s with the Arthur Ashe Award for Courage.

Caitlyn is the new female identity of former Olympic gold-medal winner Bruce Jenner, which was revealed Monday

But now some are crying foul over ESPN’s decision to choose Jenner, 65, instead of Mount St. Joseph basketball player Lauren Hill, who courageously battled brain cancer while staying on the university team. The 19-year-old lost her fight against cancer on April 10.

Several fans took to twitter to vent their frustration.

Old 06-03-2015, 03:08 PM

20,101 posts, read 16,035,309 times
Sorry, but there were so many more deserving people.

Old 06-03-2015, 03:09 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,861,580 times
Did Jenner win because of athletics or because he became a she? If it's the latter then it's wrong.

Old 06-03-2015, 03:11 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,957,119 times
I read this quote somewhere (forgot where now) and it sums up Bruce Jenner:
Quote:
He’s just happy that, through extensive plastic surgery, high doses of synthetic chemicals, pounds of makeup, and a liberal use of Photoshop, he can finally be himself. By dismantling, dismembering, mutilating, and editing himself, he is himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies