Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2015, 08:01 AM

32,019 posts, read 36,763,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauradrops View Post
Could you even imagine how entertaining a debate between Hillary and Palin would be??? Unfortunately that is a debate that would never be allowed to take place because of how bad it would be for Palin. Would be a riot though.
Give Palin the right questions and a teleprompter that actually works and she would crush Clinton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2015, 08:14 AM

913 posts, read 884,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Give Palin the right questions and a teleprompter that actually works and she would crush Clinton.
Now I know I'm being punked. Thanks for the laugh.

Maybe we could have her write her own questions and be tutored on how to answer them, oh I forgot,that didn't work either.

Old 02-01-2015, 08:45 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Sarah Palin studied journalism at University of Idaho, while Hillary studied law at Yale. Big difference.
I truly hope this is a joke post, but suspect it is serious. Hillary graduated from Yale Law School. Sarah Palin went to four different colleges and finally graduated with an undergrad degree. If you believe these two women come close to being intellectual equals or achievers, you should go do some homework--lots of it.

Hillary Clinton: Hillary Rodham was the first student commencement speaker at Wellesley College in 1969 and earned a J.D. from Yale Law School in 1973. After a brief stint as a Congressional legal counsel, she moved to Arkansas and married Bill Clinton in 1975. Rodham cofounded Arkansas Advocates for Children and Families in 1977. In 1978, she became the first female chair of the Legal Services Corporation, and in 1979, the first female partner at Rose Law Firm. The National Law Journal twice listed her as one of the hundred most influential lawyers in America. As First Lady of Arkansas from 1979 to 1981 and 1983 to 1992 with her husband as Governor, she led a task force that reformed Arkansas's education system. During that time, she was on the board of directors of Wal-Mart and several other corporations.

Sarah Palin: Palin's collegiate career began in the one state younger than Alaska, where she attended Hawaii Pacific University in the business administration program. She started in the fall of 1982. Next she headed to North Idaho College, a two-year institution, where she was a general studies major for two more semesters, spring and fall of 1983. Although she never received a degree there, she received the school's Distinguished Alumni of the Year Award this past June. In the fall of 1984, she transferred to the University of Idaho, where she majored in journalism with an emphasis in broadcast news. She stayed until the spring 1985. The next fall, Palin headed back to Alaska to attend Matanuska-Susitna College, just 14 miles from her hometown, Wasilla. After one semester, she returned to the University of Idaho, which she attended for three more semesters—spring 1986, fall 1986, and spring 1987. She graduated with a degree in journalism. After her roundabout tour of higher education, she worked a short stint as a sportscaster at a station in Anchorage, reporting on the Iditarod and Detroit Pistons basketball.

Old 02-01-2015, 08:48 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
A much better place than it currently is today. And that is a fact.

A 'fact' can be supported objectively, whatta ya got?

Old 02-01-2015, 09:40 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,518,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
This is a joke thread, right?

You can't be serious. America needs an intelligent person for president. That woman is a clown and not even a funny clown. She's an ignorant red-neck country hick dim-bulb and anyone who thinks she's presidential material is an even more ignorant dim-bulb than her.

The world would look the same as it has always looked, because the world is not all about America, you know what I mean?

But can you say disaster? America would become a nightmare and go down the tubes overnight. The people in all the other countries around the world would be laughing their heads off and saying Americans have finally lost all their marbles. America would lose respect of other countries and it would INSTANTLY lose the trust of all other governments and world leaders. Other countries' big business corporations would pull out of their investments and trade with America and the American economy would take a nose-dive. Really, it would be a nightmare ..... the repercussions are just unimaginable, anything that could go wrong would go wrong.

I can't believe that anyone would even entertain such a ludicrous idea as Palin for president of the USA.

Yet you voted for obama.

Old 02-01-2015, 09:41 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Now that there is funny, I don't care who ya are!

Old 02-01-2015, 09:51 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,274,353 times
Quote:

Old 02-01-2015, 09:52 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,274,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauradrops View Post
Now I know I'm being punked. Thanks for the laugh.

Maybe we could have her write her own questions and be tutored on how to answer them, oh I forgot,that didn't work either.
I hope she puts her thumb up a lot and says "you betcha!" .

Last edited by ~HecateWhisperCat~; 02-01-2015 at 10:04 AM..

Old 02-01-2015, 09:58 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
The right questions would be along the lines of "where did you get your shoes?"

"What do you read?" proved to be a difficult gotcha question.

Old 02-01-2015, 10:03 AM

2,801 posts, read 2,308,287 times
When McCain picked Palin as his running mate it made me think he didn't really want to be President ... "OH CRAP I may get elected, I need to pick someone that will cost me more votes than gain" ... He learned this from H Ross Perot ... There are others McCain could have picked that in MY pinion would have guaranteed a win for him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies