Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2015, 03:36 PM

11,345 posts, read 16,702,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Yes, I hear that line of b.s. frequently...it doesn't make it true. So you're willing to overlook the OP's incoherent and illegal post, just to make a silly statement? Typical neo-con nonsense.
That's a fact of how you succeed in life.

You let someone lead you around by the chain and you'll never get ahead.

Good, bad or indifferent, the liberal dems today have brainwashed the minority voter and they have fallen for it, hook, line and sinker.

Old 01-31-2015, 03:43 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,014,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post

Good, bad or indifferent, the liberal dems today have brainwashed the minority voter and they have fallen for it, hook, line and sinker.

What a ridiculous idea! Clearly there is no life experience or intellectual basis behind such monumentally WRONG concepts. And the OP is still guilty of stealing someone else's writing and posting it without citation on a public forum. That kind of illegality doesn't even pause between your ears, much less leave an impression on its way through.

Old 01-31-2015, 03:49 PM

11,345 posts, read 16,702,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
What a ridiculous idea! Clearly there is no life experience or intellectual basis behind such monumentally WRONG concepts. And the OP is still guilty of stealing someone else's writing and posting it without citation on a public forum. That kind of illegality doesn't even pause between your ears, much less leave an impression on its way through.
The OP's posts were in quotes. That alone indicates that he's giving credit to someone else and not his own words directly.

Next!

Old 01-31-2015, 03:55 PM

17,792 posts, read 13,687,653 times
Quote:

Good, bad or indifferent, the conservative republicans have brainwashed the working class voter and they have fallen for it, hook, line and sinker.

So..........it's even.

Old 01-31-2015, 03:56 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,477,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
"Romney, as a member of the liberal wing of the Republican party, was stalwart civil rights supporter," Englander said. "He consistently supported integration."
OK, alpha. You dig him up and maybe I'll vote for him.

Old 01-31-2015, 04:02 PM

Quote:
The OP's posts were in quotes. That alone indicates that he's giving credit to someone else and not his own words directly.

Next!

Say what??? Please read something about plagiarism before embarrassing yourself further.

Old 01-31-2015, 04:07 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,117,467 times
Quote:

That doesn't explain the stagnating wages, reduced benefits, and hours in conjunction with.higher private sector profits and productivity for the past decades. Perhaps you don't see the connection.

It sucks the world is vastly more complicated than ideologies.

Old 01-31-2015, 04:19 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,550,845 times
Quote:
"It's clear that George Romney, who served as governor from 1963 to 1969 and died in 1995, supported King's goals at a time when few politicians did. When King visited Detroit and led a rally of 125,000 people in 1963, Romney issued a proclamation and sent personal representatives. (The Times report noted that Romney was Mormon and did not make public appearances on Sundays.) Two years later, Romney led a march of 10,000 people in Detroit to protest events in Selma, Ala. (King wasn't there.) When King died in 1968, George Romney attended the funeral.

"Romney, as a member of the liberal wing of the Republican party, was stalwart civil rights supporter," Englander said. "He consistently supported integration."

As per algore

He also stated:

“my generation watched Bull Connor turning the hose on the civil rights demonstrators and we went ‘whoa, how gross and evil is that?'” And my generation asked older people ‘explain to me again why it’s ok to discriminate against people because their skin color is different.'”

Hey Al! Do you mean you watched Bull Connor, THE DEMOCRAT? Is that the Bull Connor you watched turn hoses on civil rights demonstrators?

What’s that? You heard a lot of racist comments when you were young, Al? Were they from the mouth of your dad, Al Gore, Sr.? After a quick Google search, I found out that Al Gore, Sr. voted against the Civil Rights Act of 1964 when he was a Democratic U.S. Senator from Tennessee. Not only did he vote against it, he participated in a 74 day filibuster in an attempt to delay and weaken the legislation.

You’d think that if your dad was a racist within the Democrat Party, who voted against the Civil Rights Act of 1964, you might NOT want to bring up the topic of racism, civil rights or Bull Connor….evah! Just sayin’.

When I was reading up on this, I came across a website run by a black man, named Bob Parks, called Black and Right. He has a piece titled The Democrat Race Lie, which includes a list of historical bullet points that dispute Democrat claims of civil rights support. You have to read it to believe it. With a history like the Democrat Party has on civil rights, it’s truly unbelievable that the black community supports them.
So, what their fathers do has no bearing on themselves. That's like if your father murders someone, it doesn't mean you will kill someone too.

Old 01-31-2015, 04:54 PM

Quote:
"It's clear that George Romney, who served as governor from 1963 to 1969 and died in 1995, supported King's goals at a time when few politicians did. When King visited Detroit and led a rally of 125,000 people in 1963, Romney issued a proclamation and sent personal representatives. (The Times report noted that Romney was Mormon and did not make public appearances on Sundays.) Two years later, Romney led a march of 10,000 people in Detroit to protest events in Selma, Ala. (King wasn't there.) When King died in 1968, George Romney attended the funeral.

As per algore

He also stated:

“my generation watched Bull Connor turning the hose on the civil rights demonstrators and we went ‘whoa, how gross and evil is that?'” And my generation asked older people ‘explain to me again why it’s ok to discriminate against people because their skin color is different.'”

Hey Al! Do you mean you watched Bull Connor, THE DEMOCRAT? Is that the Bull Connor you watched turn hoses on civil rights demonstrators?

What’s that? You heard a lot of racist comments when you were young, Al? Were they from the mouth of your dad, Al Gore, Sr.? After a quick Google search, I found out that Al Gore, Sr. voted against the Civil Rights Act of 1964 when he was a Democratic U.S. Senator from Tennessee. Not only did he vote against it, he participated in a 74 day filibuster in an attempt to delay and weaken the legislation.

You’d think that if your dad was a racist within the Democrat Party, who voted against the Civil Rights Act of 1964, you might NOT want to bring up the topic of racism, civil rights or Bull Connor….evah! Just sayin’.

When I was reading up on this, I came across a website run by a black man, named Bob Parks, called Black and Right. He has a piece titled The Democrat Race Lie, which includes a list of historical bullet points that dispute Democrat claims of civil rights support. You have to read it to believe it. With a history like the Democrat Party has on civil rights, it’s truly unbelievable that the black community supports them.
This post is in violation of copyright laws. Please refer to the P&OC guidelines at the top of the menu.

Old 01-31-2015, 05:00 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,185,202 times
This will surely have a seismic impact on the Gore/Romney Presidential race in 2016!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies