Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2015, 05:04 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
This post is in violation of copyright laws. Please refer to the P&OC guidelines at the top of the menu.
Wow!

Must have struck a nerve.

All of these copyright lawyers crawling out of the woodwork.

Old 01-31-2015, 05:17 PM

1,204 posts, read 872,859 times
Alphamale, I would happily support a Republican in the George Romney mould. I met him, I heard him speak at conventions and I campaigned and voted for William Milliken who was his Lt. Governor.

Way to bad that he would now be an outcast in the party he helped during his years in public life. He would be too liberal.

Edit-- to add I didn't vote for Gore in 2000. Couldn't stand the man.

Old 01-31-2015, 05:45 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,118,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Wow!

Must have struck a nerve.

All of these copyright lawyers crawling out of the woodwork.
Wow, you still don't know what a southern democrat is. Do you not care how foolish you look?

Old 01-31-2015, 05:55 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
I'm sorry but I am confused. What does Al Gore's father have to do with Willard Mitt Romney's father? Is there an actual point to this thread other than to make a reference to two dead men?

Old 01-31-2015, 05:59 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,520,506 times
The cd leftwing nutjobs are becoming unhinged.

Old 01-31-2015, 07:04 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,118,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
The cd leftwing nutjobs are becoming unhinged.
Pot calling the kettle black. Or perhaps you don't know what southern democrats are either?!!??!

Old 01-31-2015, 07:15 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,527,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I'm sorry but I am confused. What does Al Gore's father have to do with Willard Mitt Romney's father? Is there an actual point to this thread other than to make a reference to two dead men?
Trying to link them with Kevin Bacon?

Old 01-31-2015, 07:15 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
"It's clear that George Romney, who served as governor from 1963 to 1969 and died in 1995, supported King's goals at a time when few politicians did. When King visited Detroit and led a rally of 125,000 people in 1963, Romney issued a proclamation and sent personal representatives. (The Times report noted that Romney was Mormon and did not make public appearances on Sundays.) Two years later, Romney led a march of 10,000 people in Detroit to protest events in Selma, Ala. (King wasn't there.) When King died in 1968, George Romney attended the funeral.

"Romney, as a member of the liberal wing of the Republican party, was stalwart civil rights supporter," Englander said. "He consistently supported integration."

As per algore

He also stated:

“my generation watched Bull Connor turning the hose on the civil rights demonstrators and we went ‘whoa, how gross and evil is that?'” And my generation asked older people ‘explain to me again why it’s ok to discriminate against people because their skin color is different.'”

Hey Al! Do you mean you watched Bull Connor, THE DEMOCRAT? Is that the Bull Connor you watched turn hoses on civil rights demonstrators?

What’s that? You heard a lot of racist comments when you were young, Al? Were they from the mouth of your dad, Al Gore, Sr.? After a quick Google search, I found out that Al Gore, Sr. voted against the Civil Rights Act of 1964 when he was a Democratic U.S. Senator from Tennessee. Not only did he vote against it, he participated in a 74 day filibuster in an attempt to delay and weaken the legislation.

You’d think that if your dad was a racist within the Democrat Party, who voted against the Civil Rights Act of 1964, you might NOT want to bring up the topic of racism, civil rights or Bull Connor….evah! Just sayin’.

When I was reading up on this, I came across a website run by a black man, named Bob Parks, called Black and Right. He has a piece titled The Democrat Race Lie, which includes a list of historical bullet points that dispute Democrat claims of civil rights support. You have to read it to believe it. With a history like the Democrat Party has on civil rights, it’s truly unbelievable that the black community supports them.
Hero of the left Al Gore's family has Klan ties and is everything the left claims to despise. A privileged, old money, Christian, White man from the South who had everything in life handed to him because of who his Dad was. Still, that mostly describes Mitt Romney as well. Neither would know how to pump their own gas, pay a cell phone bill or cook themselves dinner if they had to.

Back to Mitt's Dad. You can portray George Romney as some sort of Civil Rights pioneer all you like, but as the head honcho of the LDS for the entire Midwest their policy was no Blacks could be priests or go to heaven, unless they were accompanying their White owner to heaven. Oh, I know, "that was a long time ago though!". Heck the Mormon's started letting Blacks into heaven all the way back in 1979 when Mitt was only in his 30's. Hurray for equal rights champion George Romney .

Old 01-31-2015, 08:02 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Hero of the left Al Gore's family has Klan ties and is everything the left claims to despise. A privileged, old money, Christian, White man from the South who had everything in life handed to him because of who his Dad was. Still, that mostly describes Mitt Romney as well. Neither would know how to pump their own gas, pay a cell phone bill or cook themselves dinner if they had to.

Back to Mitt's Dad. You can portray George Romney as some sort of Civil Rights pioneer all you like, but as the head honcho of the LDS for the entire Midwest their policy was no Blacks could be priests or go to heaven, unless they were accompanying their White owner to heaven. Oh, I know, "that was a long time ago though!". Heck the Mormon's started letting Blacks into heaven all the way back in 1979 when Mitt was only in his 30's. Hurray for equal rights champion George Romney .
Wow...you're a little hard on George Romney. All things considered, i'd take him over just about any Repubican nowadays. Probably take him over a few Democrats too.

Old 01-31-2015, 08:33 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Wow...you're a little hard on George Romney. All things considered, i'd take him over just about any Repubican nowadays. Probably take him over a few Democrats too.
He was one of the tops dogs in the LDS his entire life and they believed/preached that Blacks were not equal to Whites. It said so right in the Bible according to them, nothing personal. That's why Blacks could join their religion, but not marry Whites, could never become priests and couldn't go to heaven unless they were the slave to a White man who was going to heaven as well, until 1979. You'd take that over ANY Republican? So if a Republican like Scalese speaks to White supremacists he's a racist, but if a guy like Romney actually is a White supremacist, that's ok?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies