Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2015, 11:04 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePage View Post
Do you know how many countries are there in the world today ? 196 ( if you separate Taiwan from China).
and what is 12 out of 196 ? it almost 6 % i.e 6 out of 100.
Thanks for drawing a conclusion after using a tiny sample, on purpose.
As for chauvinism, Why explain it to you , you can google.

Anyway remember this again:
Doing better than such or such country does not change anything to the ordeal someone is going through when his paycheck is feeding a gold digger who would use that money to go charm another man ( on purpose to get more child support)..
Well I will be darned. Learn something new every day....While its not used that way today by anyone I know or have ever met or talked to...you are correct. I should have googled the definition first.

That being said...

12 is far higher then the average individual. And I still stand by my statement. I've been in countries that represent the majority of the worldwide population. I far prefer our system, and am cognizant that it is not perfect.

Sounds like you are personally upset about child support. I can understand that. But heres some advice.

Get over it, recognize its only for 18 years, and you CAN challenge it every few years. Why do I say get over it? Because the reality is....you cant do anything about it, and its going to just eat at you in the meantime. Do the court dance in a couple years, or anytime you can show a change in circumstance.

If you want to post specific details..do so, but so far all I see here is generic whining.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2015, 11:13 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
I'm talking about "is being done " not would be done.
Like I say not all facts are in writing. And I will not give names of people I know. You can google or ask
im not sure if you are joking or if you honestly dont understand my post.

it IS being done to women as well, but we were talking about a specific hypothetical involving a father, thats why i said "would be ".

Glad I could clear that up for you.

As for the rest of your post, you are talking about things that just dont happen. It isnt possible to google things that dont happen. The friend that you are possibly venting about probably screwed up somewhere along the line or his ex wife is more stable than he is.

Old 02-01-2015, 12:39 AM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
So, a father will be automatically jailed on the basis of kidnapping when he takes his own son from the mother. Just because the mother has custody.
Yes. Removing a child from the care of his/her custodian or custodians is the definition of kidnapping.

Old 02-01-2015, 03:32 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,700,286 times
Quote:
How fair is it to prevent a normal dad to see his own child and spend time with him??????
Because it isn't about the father. It is about what's best for the child.

And not having custody of a child means society - all of us acting together in the best interest of the child - determined that the father isn't trustworthy enough to make the decision about what's best for the child.

Old 02-01-2015, 05:05 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Because it isn't about the father. It is about what's best for the child.

And not having custody of a child means society - all of us acting together in the best interest of the child - determined that the father isn't trustworthy enough to make the decision about what's best for the child.

Our society has a default position where the woman gets the child unless there is a clear reason not to give her custody.

The solution is to only impregnate women you are going to be with for at least 18 years and 9 months. That is what I did.

Old 02-01-2015, 05:44 AM

78,337 posts, read 60,527,398 times
I'm hearing a lot of whining about some guy that knocks up a gal with 4-5 kids with different fathers who is an unfit mother.

Hmmmm, gee.....maybe don't have sex with gals like that?

#problemsolved

Old 02-01-2015, 06:51 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Quote:
So, a father will be automatically jailed on the basis of kidnapping when he takes his own son from the mother. Just because the mother has custody. How fair is it to prevent a normal dad to see his own child and spend time with him??????
Something is not right.
These days its a 50-50 custody.

The gold mine women got on a divorce has gone the way of unions and dinosaurs.

Old 02-01-2015, 08:09 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
So, a father will be automatically jailed on the basis of kidnapping when he takes his own son from the mother. Just because the mother has custody. How fair is it to prevent a normal dad to see his own child and spend time with him??????
Something is not right.

It is cheaper to keep them.

Old 02-01-2015, 08:11 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'm hearing a lot of whining about some guy that knocks up a gal with 4-5 kids with different fathers who is an unfit mother.

Hmmmm, gee.....maybe don't have sex with gals like that?

#problemsolved
Exactly

Old 02-01-2015, 08:39 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
greywar and i dont always agree on things, but in this thread, i agree with him. in the OP the father did not have custody of the child, thus taking the child is in fact at the very least custodial interference, which is kidnapping in point of fact. and since these are crimes, the father was rightly put in jail. dont like it? tough. people constantly want laws made for various things because something very bad happened one time in the past, and now everyone suffered because few people ever look to the future and possible wrongs being done in the name of these laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies